Snacks Ahoy!

kanadakid

I am planning to do a trip to a quiet more obscure beach on St Thomas that has few amenities. Am I able to take a couple pieces of last night's pizza off the ship w me for a mid morning snack at the beach or is that a no-no?

If you feel you'll get hungry away from any local restaurants or before you can return to the ship, try packing some factory-sealed snacks such as a Power Bar. Some beaches, such as Sapphire Beach will have a snack bar (I remember years ago, my hubby went over to a convenience store and bought us sodas -- it was just yards away).

Many countries, including the US, are protective of their agricultural industry for good reason.

This is not necessarily accurate.

If you can take off snack crackers you can take off cereal boxes. Froot loops and Frosted Flakes are always in demand.

Some ships don't have cereal boxes.

Some ports don't allow any food taken off the ship. Dogs and bag searched catch most contraband.

SadieN

The only thing from the ship you can bring off is cereal boxes.

If you can take off snack crackers you can take off cereal boxes. Froot loops and Frosted Flakes are always in demand.

Some ships don't have cereal boxes.

Some ports don't allow any food taken off the ship. Dogs and bag searched catch most contraband.

You are correct you can take off cereal boxes in MOst ports but that is not the only thing you can take off.

Factory sealed products such as power bars are usually permitted. You probably would be fine taking bakery products such as a muffin. Definitely no fruit off the ship in any port.

If there is an agriculture check point when exiting the ship into the port and you are asked about food, you should never ever try to hide it. If asked, tell them what you have. They often have those cute little beagle dogs that have terrific sense of smell. Fines and penalties can be severe.

Edited by sail7seas

You are correct you can take off cereal boxes in MOst ports but that is not the only thing you can take off.

Factory sealed products such as power bars are usually permitted. You probably would be fine taking bakery products such as a muffin. Definitely no fruit off the ship in any port.

If there is an agriculture check point when exiting the ship into the port and you are asked about food, you should never ever try to hide it. If asked, tell them what you have. They often have those cute little beagle dogs that have terrific sense of smell. Fines and penalties can be severe.

Got in trouble for being exact,lol.

The ship usually doesn't have much more than cereal boxes that can be brought off. Of course you can preplan and bring off something from home.

Confirming with any restrictions.

Edited by SadieN

Got in trouble for being exact,lol.

The ship usually doesn't have much more than cereal boxes that can be brought off. Of course you can preplan and bring off something from home.

Confirming with any restrictions.

No, you "got in trouble" for being too restrictive with your comment. I commented on it just to let the OP know that your statement was not fully accurate. Hard to do so in a gentle way with just a keyboard.

Curious, which obscure beach? We also have a specific board here for St. Thomas if you need to do further research; very helpful info. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133 <--St. Thomas board is here

Thanks for the "feed"back :) I was planning to take a hike from Magens Bay to L'il Magen's Bay beach, and wasn't sure if they had amenities on the clothing optional side. I will get a few power bars or granola bars in FLL as I am heading there a few days before we cruise. Am wondering if it's a long walk over to LMBB, as it's hard to tell from Google Earth. Cheers.