Some questions

JohnKen3

Laundry:

We will have some shirts that we want to be washed and ironed.

In the laundry pack, do shirts come back just folded or are they ironed as well?

I presumed, shirts will be ironed if they are sent in the normal laundry service.

Private beach

I recall reading somewhere the PG has a couple of private islands or private beaches but cannot find that reference again. I see there that PG offer day visits at various hotels for a fee so it maybe my imagination.

Do PG have their own private beach at one of the island for guests to use for free?

Dining

We have never done open seating for dinner before. We normally like to dine with on large tables to meet people. I understand when we enter the dining room, we just mention we would like to share a table. Are there large tables for sharing or is it normally with just 2 couples at a table for 4? Presumably its pot luck given what is available when you walk in the restaurant.

Presumably no shared tables at Le Grill and Le Verandah.

If you send shirts out to be washed, they will come back ironed. You can request they be returned folded or on hangers.

Yes, PG has a private beach on Taha'a on itineraries in FP. You spend a day there. They also have a small beach area on a motu when you are at Bora Bora, but there are no facilities here; just trees under which you may spread your towels. Simply look at the itineraries on the PG webpage, and you will find this information. No charge.

I know nothing about asking to share a table with others at L'Etoile. I just asked for a table for three. I am sure someone else will give you this information. Since you have to make reservations for La Veranda and Le Grill, there couldn't be shared tables.

It's great to get your clothes washed and folded right before you disembark. Easier packing this way.

Motu Mahana is a special beach day. Get on the first tender to get a good seat in the shade. You will enjoy the sports, drinks in coconuts and from the floating bar and a wonderful lunch. I purchased a float that folded up and didn't take up too much space in my suitcase. Do a search for Swimways Papasan Spring Float. I used it on ths private beach on Bora Bora too. I found mine at Walmart. When you get back on the ship, don't miss the sail away. It's breathtaking.

Sharing tables has always been fun. We met two couples the first night at dinner. We did things together the entire cruise and exchanged emails. It doesn't always happen this way, we were just lucky.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you specifically want to share at Le Grill or La Veranda you can ask for it and if possible they will match you up with others.

It is nice talking to people across the isle when you have the small tables. I noticed thats what people did at Crystal as well.

Some of our best memories began by saying "we would be happy to share a table" We have made some lifetime friends that way.

By the way, Miki has left for health reasons and either Luis or Ivan will be the maître d'. When both are on board, Luis is in L'Etoile and Ivan is in in La Veranda.

Laundry:

We will have some shirts that we want to be washed and ironed.

In the laundry pack, do shirts come back just folded or are they ironed as well?

I presumed, shirts will be ironed if they are sent in the normal laundry service.

gosh, yes, they ironed stuff I would never have ironed at home! ;) the shirts came back looking great

Private beach

I recall reading somewhere the PG has a couple of private islands or private beaches but cannot find that reference again. I see there that PG offer day visits at various hotels for a fee so it maybe my imagination.

Do PG have their own private beach at one of the island for guests to use for free?

There are 2 one is truly their own with all the amenities on Taaha, and the other is at Bora Bora, but only has a bar and bar snacks, and no other amenities including no lounge chairs. They do bring the kayaks to that beach

Dining

We have never done open seating for dinner before. We normally like to dine with on large tables to meet people. I understand when we enter the dining room, we just mention we would like to share a table. Are there large tables for sharing or is it normally with just 2 couples at a table for 4? Presumably its pot luck given what is available when you walk in the restaurant.

Presumably no shared tables at Le Grill and Le Verandah.

There are lots of big tables and we enjoyed sharing with others too!

We usually have a few romantic evenings with a table for 2 and then the rest of the time we ask for a table for six. 4 people can be a bit difficult to keep things going, 6 is just right, more than 6 and you can hear the people on the other side of the table ............ we like tables for 6 :cool:

I agree, a table for 6 is perfect. Eight is really too big to have conversations with everyone at the table; four is a bit risky, if with strangers (we've had a couple of very quiet dinners trapped with another couple with whom we've had nothing in common.)

Taha'a is a great day, trust us. And the Bora Bora motu is like a desert island--just a beach and some palm trees. And bring your camera to that one--the view back to BB is stunning.