Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

I have a couple Soma bras, they look almost identical to my Wacoal bras but there is a difference between the two. The Soma bras, the straps slip off my shoulders, not so with the Wacoal bras. My Wacoal bras are so much more comfortable, the new one that Lois recommended has been great. They are the same size, so perhaps I need a different size in the Soma brand, but why mess with what works best?

Hi girls:) style #855247

Here is a link to the Wacoal website...I got mine at Belk and Dillard's. The link is to the bra....with pictures

of both front AND back.

http://www.wacoal-america.com/casual-beauty-full-busted-seamless-underwire-bra-wacoal-855247-p.html

Lois- I ordered it from Amazon (in a couple sizes) and it's awful on me:cool: Cups too big or too small, awkward band placement etc. Just not the right bra for me.....

The perfect way to carry my SeaPass card when I don't have any pockets (including hubby's).

No lanyards because they might clash with my jewelry and the rest of the outfit.

Not in my hand because it's inconvenient to put it down all the time not to mention it might be forgotten.

Not in my bra because it sticks to the skin and is just :eek:

Not in a purse or a handbag because I might not be carrying anything else with me thus making the bag inconvenient.

:mad::o:(

Take a look at some of the beaded lanyards on Amazon or ebay and make it a fashion statement? You can even carry a wardrobe of them!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81jNFemecgL._SL1500_.jpg

Lois- I ordered it from Amazon (in a couple sizes) and it's awful on me:cool: Cups too big or too small, awkward band placement etc. Just not the right bra for me.....

Awwwww fooey...so sorry:eek::(.......wish it had worked for you!

I have to say, I love this bra:D...the straps STAY UP!!! and nothing

about it feels awkward. Guess I got very lucky:)

Edited by Lois R

I don't think a single friend or family member with whom I've shared bra recommendations likes the bras I like (or I like what they like). Oh well. I'll always keep trying to see if there's something better out there, but until then, I'm happy with the Bali that works for me:p

Have you tried a wrist wallet? I made one based on the Banjee wrist wallet, and my husband bought one of theirs when he saw how well it worked for me. Very slim, comes in a multitude of colors/patterns/weights/sizes. Holds the cruisecard and a credit card, even some folding money. Larger sizes can hold a cellphone or iPod (and possibly a passport). When worn under long sleeves, they can be invisible - good for travel. Always with you. Available at sprigs dot com, or from REI, and at running stores. OK, they are possibly not as "fashion forward" as a person who is concerned with clashing with jewelry might want (also, they might leave a tan line) - but they sure do the job for us!

Have you tried a wrist wallet? I made one based on the Banjee wrist wallet, and my husband bought one of theirs when he saw how well it worked for me. Very slim, comes in a multitude of colors/patterns/weights/sizes. Holds the cruisecard and a credit card, even some folding money. Larger sizes can hold a cellphone or iPod (and possibly a passport). When worn under long sleeves, they can be invisible - good for travel. Always with you. Available at sprigs dot com, or from REI, and at running stores. OK, they are possibly not as "fashion forward" as a person who is concerned with clashing with jewelry might want (also, they might leave a tan line) - but they sure do the job for us!

QuilterGirl,

you've shown me hope!! They are perfect!

Thank you :D:D:D

Edited by Sinppu

The perfect way to carry my SeaPass card when I don't have any pockets (including hubby's).

No lanyards because they might clash with my jewelry and the rest of the outfit.

Not in my hand because it's inconvenient to put it down all the time not to mention it might be forgotten.

Not in my bra because it sticks to the skin and is just :eek:

Not in a purse or a handbag because I might not be carrying anything else with me thus making the bag inconvenient.

:mad::o:(

I use these:

reef-stash-sandals.jpeg

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and how everyone has helped each other find the perfect item. I bought a pair of dress pants at a lawn sale last year, they are from the Limited, they are the most comfortable and flattering pants I have ever owned. I tried ordering a pair on line, but it seems the style I have is very outdated and the pair I purchased was nothing like the pair I have.

I certainly hope to find another pair like them some day. :(

I recommend checking out New York & Co's pants. I always have trouble w/ the Limited, but NY&Co has so many styles it's hard to choose from =)

I recommend checking out New York & Co's pants. I always have trouble w/ the Limited, but NY&Co has so many styles it's hard to choose from =)

I agree!;) I'm hard to fit when it comes to pants because my waist is way smaller than my hips (I'm what is referred to as "Pear-shaped".) and I always find pants that fit at NY&Co. I hit a sale there once about 2 years ago and I still have the 9 pair of jeans I got on sale for as little as $6-$9 a pair. Wish I could hit a sale like that again!:D

They also have a ton of sizes that include tall. Their tall lengths are too long in the leg for me unless I'm wearing 3-4" heels, but the regulars are too short in both the rise and inseam. So I buy the tall and wear the heels. :)

I scored today!:D One of my BFFS and I changed our weekly routine as she wanted to shop at Kolh's, not my favorite place as I never have found not even one thing there. But, she wanted to go and I agreed cause she's like awesome. So we went and they are having this gigantic sale. Stuff is up to like 80% off.

As I mentioned above, I'm hard to fit when it comes to pants but here's what I got:

A pair of skinny jeans with gold trim and zippers down the side of each pant leg (I know, it sounds weird but they're very slimming) $17 (down from original price of $88) Yes! They fit me perfectly and are actually just the right length so I won't have to hem them. I also got a pair of tomato red denim capris with rolled cuffs, which also fit to perfection. They were a $7.80! Bingo! They came with a brown leather belt so that was a freebie! I also picked up some costume jewelry...Bracelet $2.55, Snake Ring $2.50, and an awesome necklace...$9.88. Yea! Oh, I almost forgot...I also got a beautiful multi-colored, infinity scarf (really long...the way I like them) down from $28.00 to $9.88.

So, I'm a happy camper today! Also, to top it off, because I spent over $40, I got a coupon to use next week for $10.00 off anything in the store! Yippie!:D

Edited by mousey

I scored today!:D One of my BFFS and I changed our weekly routine as she wanted to shop at Kolh's, not my favorite place as I never have found not even one thing there. But, she wanted to go and I agreed cause she's like awesome. So we went and they are having this gigantic sale. Stuff is up to like 80% off.

As I mentioned above, I'm hard to fit when it comes to pants but here's what I got:

A pair of skinny jeans with gold trim and zippers down the side of each pant leg (I know, it sounds weird but they're very slimming) $17 (down from original price of $88) Yes! They fit me perfectly and are actually just the right length so I won't have to hem them. I also got a pair of tomato red denim capris with rolled cuffs, which also fit to perfection. They were a $7.80! Bingo! They came with a brown leather belt so that was a freebie! I also picked up some costume jewelry...Bracelet $2.55, Snake Ring $2.50, and an awesome necklace...$9.88. Yea! Oh, I almost forgot...I also got a beautiful multi-colored, infinity scarf (really long...the way I like them) down from $28.00 to $9.88.

So, I'm a happy camper today! Also, to top it off, because I spent over $40, I got a coupon to use next week for $10.00 off anything in the store! Yippie!:D

Congratulations:D.....sometimes you need a lot of patience when

shopping at Kohl's but it can be well worth it!:)

I have the opposite problem...I'm a shorty! LOL!

That's why I'm happy that I found this brand that is new to me Rock and Republic at Kohl's. The DH loved the fit of my new skinny jeans so we are going back tomorrow for him to check out the sale and for me to see if I can find another pair of jeans by this "now my favorite" brand. I'm happy that they fit me lengthwise so that I don't have to pay extra to have them hemmed!:D

are these made in non-flip-flops? Cute idea!

Not sure, but I doubt it. At least with this brand. These are Reef brand, called The Stash. To be honest, I'm not even sure they still make them. I've had mine for quite a while. It's great to be able to just leave my flip flops lying on a beach somewhere while I go into the water, and not really have to worry about it.

I have several sun hats. I love this one from Coolibar, when my hair is long enough for a ponytail.

http://www.coolibar.com/thumbnail/Sun-Hats/Womens/Floppy/pc/2222/c/2271/2196.uts

I bout the large brim and the floppy in these and took the floppy brim om my Caribbean cruise last December.

http://www.crushableseagrasshats.com/products.aspx

My big floppy seagrass hat arrived! This one:

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

It took me emailing the company several times prodding them to remember to please fill my order and ship it, but they finally got around to it. I think if I hadn't contacted them, my order would have just sat there forever, ignored. It seems to be a very small operation. I love the hat, though!

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

It took me emailing the company several times prodding them to remember to please fill my order and ship it, but they finally got around to it. I think if I hadn't contacted them, my order would have just sat there forever, ignored. It seems to be a very small operation. I love the hat, though!

Cute hat!

I've had a few times lately that I've had to prod to get something that was supposed to be shipped. One item was ordered before Christmas, not out if stock, the company was just too lazy to send it. They told me on Tuesday they'd get it out, but never sent a confirmation that it has been sent. Not at all happy about that. Grrrr...

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that. My order was shipped super fast. That's awful customer service.

hat05_zps992d40ae.jpg

Congratulations! Love the hat!

I'm sorry to hear that. My order was shipped super fast. That's awful customer service.

Thank you again for the recommendation! I really love the hat. The strings to tighten it are perfect for breezy decks or port days. They work well.