Searching for the perfect.... fill in the blank

magandab

Pair of shoes.

I've gotten to the point where I just cannot tolerate heels any longer due to nerve damage in my right foot. The only shoes I can wear (besides sneakers, of course) look like orthopedic shoes.

Why can't a well made, flat shoe be made to be comfortable without that thick looking sole? I've tried ballet flats…too flat, I need the arch support. Munro makes a great flat shoe, then I see women a lot older than I wearing them and I just think, I'm in old lady shoes :(

I want all that at a price point I can also tolerate. Edit: I wear a 10 wide, doesn't help.

I bought two pairs of Bernie Mev Comfi shoes. They are amazingly comfortable, and I put extra gel insoles in them for extra cush. They are great, and come in a variety of colors, plus large sizes, too. I have them in silver and black. Mine cost around $44 each, and they are eligible for Amazon Prime free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bernie%20mev%20comfi%20women's%20shoes&sprefix=bernie+mev+comfi%2Caps%2C357

Searching for the perfect... Wristlet or small crossbody purse. I want one that is large enough for iPhone, money, lipstick, small hairbrush, and not much more. I want something beachy or tropical, but not gaudy and still classy. I've yet to find anything that seems just right for me.

Coach! Just big enough for all the essentials and still classy looking!

Well, my search for the perfect white evening shawl/jacket/cover up/ ANYTHING THAT WILL WORK finally ended with success. I thought I would never find anything.

I'm tired of wearing predominantly black for formal night, and I found this amazing jade green/white vine and flower print top with sparkly sequins at Ross last summer. It's lined georgette and truly gorgeous. Trumpet sleeves and simple V neck. I have some very nice white evening pants (Dress Barn for the ladies looking for nicely cut pants) to wear with it.

But, I wanted an ensemble look, and looked online for about a month, bought a white chiffon "shawl" that looks like a long scarf, and couldn't find anything. I even looked at peignoir sets that I could alter the robe! I looked on Ebay, Amazon, everywhere. Bridal web sites, you name it. My sister was even looking for them everywhere she went in CA, AZ, CO on her way across by car.

Last week I stumbled on this after entering "bridal wraps and covers":

http://www.lightinthebox.com/elegant-chiffon-evening-wedding-puncho-more-colors_p528374:c8da01867af09a8ad0e5bdf85f5c808a.html?litb_from=sysmail

It comes in a jillion colors, too.

Well, my search for the perfect white evening shawl/jacket/cover up/ ANYTHING THAT WILL WORK finally ended with success. I thought I would never find anything.

I'm tired of wearing predominantly black for formal night, and I found this amazing jade green/white vine and flower print top with sparkly sequins at Ross last summer. It's lined georgette and truly gorgeous. Trumpet sleeves and simple V neck. I have some very nice white evening pants (Dress Barn for the ladies looking for nicely cut pants) to wear with it.

But, I wanted an ensemble look, and looked online for about a month, bought a white chiffon "shawl" that looks like a long scarf, and couldn't find anything. I even looked at peignoir sets that I could alter the robe! I looked on Ebay, Amazon, everywhere. Bridal web sites, you name it. My sister was even looking for them everywhere she went in CA, AZ, CO on her way across by car.

http://www.lightinthebox.com/elegant-chiffon-evening-wedding-puncho-more-colors_p528374:c8da01867af09a8ad0e5bdf85f5c808a.html?litb_from=sysmail

Hi Peggy, very pretty:) I am not a shawl gal but if I was? I would

look at that as well.

Hi Peggy, very pretty:) I am not a shawl gal but if I was? I would

look at that as well.

Hi, Lois!

I don't like shawls, either, but this is halfway between a jacket and a shawl. Plus the sleeves on the top are wide at the bottom, so I didn't want to hide them by stuffing them in another sleeve. This top seems to allow the sleeves to "breathe", but give me the jacket coverage, too. :D:

I'm on an endless search for the perfect sports bra, I've found a few that are almost there, but not quite... it seems like they all have one tiny flaw, straps are too long, or it gives me a stiff neck, or flattens down rather than lifting up, you know... my search continues :)

I'm on an endless search for the perfect sports bra, I've found a few that are almost there, but not quite... it seems like they all have one tiny flaw, straps are too long, or it gives me a stiff neck, or flattens down rather than lifting up, you know... my search continues :)

Ahhhh....never thought about it until you posted this reply and I just

deal with what I can find but finding the perfect bra would be amazing.

When I say perfect? One with straps that stay up all of the time, every

time. I know over the years on here I have read "bra" threads.....more

than I can remember. I know exactly what I want but I don't think they

make it.....where the straps in the back are much closer in....much

closer to the clasp for those of us who are full figured.....

Wallet.

I have perfect leather wallet from years ago. Zips all around, a zippered coin area, plenty of credit card slots, and 2 compartments for currency, so I can keep my US separate from my Euros… The zipper on it is failing and won't stay closed :( It isn't made anymore (I've done an exhaustive search). And, I have yet to find something that I like that meets all the requirements… I don't believe it was a travel-specific wallet, either. I've used it as my daily wallet for 7 years now.

Check out Coach Factory stores. I have a zip around leather wallet from them that sounds exactly like you described.

Pair of shoes.

I've gotten to the point where I just cannot tolerate heels any longer due to nerve damage in my right foot. The only shoes I can wear (besides sneakers, of course) look like orthopedic shoes.

Why can't a well made, flat shoe be made to be comfortable without that thick looking sole? I've tried ballet flats…too flat, I need the arch support. Munro makes a great flat shoe, then I see women a lot older than I wearing them and I just think, I'm in old lady shoes :(

I want all that at a price point I can also tolerate. Edit: I wear a 10 wide, doesn't help.

Have you tried Clark's? I think they have cute flats with support. Also, check out zappos dot com for extended size shoes (free shipping and free return shipping!) I wear a size 12 shoe and have had luck with them before.

I have worn Clark's shoes over the years, sometimes the most comfortable shoes I have had. I had one pair of clogs that literally disintegrated off my feet, one of my funnier disembarkation stories. I should look for that brand, thanks for the suggestion.

I don't order online for shoes, I don't care that the shipping is free, the return is just another chore to do. I'd much rather buy at a store. Same prices, same shoes and I like to feel the materials and see the colors in person. If I had to drive to drop off a package for return, the possibility is high that I wouldn't bother and I'd have a useless pair (s) of shoes hanging around, paid for. I also like to support my local stores and employees instead of online warehouses. More than once I've had the sales person bring out a second pair of the same style. It can be the littlest thing, like the stitching on the insole will be irritating on one pair, but not the other.

I did get an great buy on a pair of sandals the other day, but sandals are easy. What I need is closed toe shoes that can be worn with nice slacks or jeans, or even a dress. Shoes without that orthopedic look…kind of like the Born brand, only better fitting.

Just like our bodies, our feet can be so different from the next person. What works for one just doesn't for the next. I'm forever reading on this board about stuff like makeup, skin care, clothing, shoes, etc… and it can be encouraging to try suggestions. We all have to be careful of this, products that several people swear by can add up to be costly mistakes.

I found my perfect sports bra a few years back - Moving Comfort Maia!! I'm large chested (though no longer plus size) and this is great for me. I have other Moving Comfort bras (I've found them on clearance through Sierra Trading post or even Amazon) but the Maia style is my favorite. The company has lots of options for different cup sizes and different levels of support, so maybe one would work for you;)

http://www.movingcomfort.com/Maia/350054,default,pd.html

As for shoes, I absolutely order online because I'm not going to drive 200+ miles to find a brand that *might* work, and that's *if* I could find the style I want in stock in my size (which never happens). I had a list of 5 boots from the Nordstrom website I wanted to try on. The closest Nordstrom store to me didn't have any of them in stock. It is easier for me to order a bunch and return what doesn't fit. Living in the boonies, I thank UPS every day:D

Searching for the perfect... Wristlet or small crossbody purse. I want one that is large enough for iPhone, money, lipstick, small hairbrush, and not much more. I want something beachy or tropical, but not gaudy and still classy. I've yet to find anything that seems just right for me.

Look at the Sherpani and Haiku lines… great for travel purses!!! sherpani dot com and haiku bags dot com.

Check out Coach Factory stores. I have a zip around leather wallet from them that sounds exactly like you described.

I have a Coach store just 2 miles from me. But, I don't like Coach products. thanks, anyway.

On a whim, I went on ebay and did a search for my wallet - FOUND IT!!! It isn't the same color, but that's OK. AND, it's NEW, with tags, and only cost me $7.99, where the original cost me $65 back in 2006…. My first purchase on ebay :D I put in the low bid and I was the only one. I may have to go to one of the other sellers and buy another one to keep in storage until the new one dies…

TJ Maxx has some very cute crossbody bags. Lots of brands too.

OMG! These are absolutely beautiful. Very classic and elegant.

I have a Coach store just 2 miles from me. But, I don't like Coach products. thanks, anyway.

On a whim, I went on ebay and did a search for my wallet - FOUND IT!!! It isn't the same color, but that's OK. AND, it's NEW, with tags, and only cost me $7.99, where the original cost me $65 back in 2006…. My first purchase on ebay :D I put in the low bid and I was the only one. I may have to go to one of the other sellers and buy another one to keep in storage until the new one dies…

Excellent! Congratulations! I actually got a brand new, full length evening gown on eBay for $35 and it fits perfectly (new with tags!) navy blue sequin top and chiffon skirt :)

You can find some great things on eBay.

TJ Maxx has some very cute crossbody bags. Lots of brands too.

Yeah, I actually shop there regularly. I just haven't ever seen anything tropical or beachy looking. Maybe it's because I'm stuck in the frozen tundra of Indiana. haha

Excellent! Congratulations! I actually got a brand new, full length evening gown on eBay for $35 and it fits perfectly (new with tags!) navy blue sequin top and chiffon skirt :)

You can find some great things on eBay.

I love Ebay! There are so many great deals on there. I can't even begin to tell you how much I have purchased from Ebay.

And I love Amazon, too. I found both of my formal dresses on Amazon. One for $19 and the other for $30.

http://www.zazzle.com/cruise_ship_wristlet_clutches-223646792018169237