Eating ____? means Im on my Celebrity cruise??

tutuwahineLV

Hi All,

Just curious, I am usually on another line, and Love love love their pretzel rolls. Havent' found anything like them in my real life, so thats the one thing that I always have, that totally reaffirms ...I"M ON VACATION! :D

Am 100 days from my first trip with Celebrity, what is the one food speciality that you'd recommend?? What is your favorite, that you can't or don't ever get at home??

We'll be on the Solstice, if that helps ....

Thanks for your suggestions.

Tutu

Hi All,

Just curious, I am usually on another line, and Love love love their pretzel rolls. Havent' found anything like them in my real life, so thats the one thing that I always have, that totally reaffirms ...I"M ON VACATION! :D

Am 100 days from my first trip with Celebrity, what is the one food speciality that you'd recommend?? What is your favorite, that you can't or don't ever get at home??

Tutu

Smoked salmon on bagel w/cream cheese & capers, escargot, bread pudding, eggs benedict, and steak or lamb chops every night if I want it.

Smoked salmon on bagel w/cream cheese & capers, escargot, bread pudding, eggs benedict, and steak or lamb chops every night if I want it.

I forgot to mention - as many anchovies as I want on my Caesar salad. I am getting hungry thinking about these items.

Hi All,

Tutu

I've not found their pretzel rolls, i'll have to look!

For me, it's the braised short ribs in the MDR. YUM!!!

[ what is the one food speciality that you'd recommend?? What is your favorite, that you can't or don't ever get at home??

Wow, We must all be related !! Escargot every evening.. Bread pudding every afternoon.... Almond croisant from Cafe Bacio to start my day. Good thing I know my way to the gym everyday ..lol You must admit there are great choices everyday. Don't forget to have a great martini !!)

luvstosauil,

Boston Ma

For me, I'd say the French Onion soup and the Thai/BBQ spring rolls. Those are things I rarely or never have on land, but love the Celebrity recipes for!

In 2012 I devoured the small tiramisu at Cafe Al Bacio, but never saw them in 2013. :(

What I don't eat at home? I order any of the lamb dishes, usually excellent, the escargots, always a special latte w a croissant.

For breakfast, it's a smoothie off the SR menu or at the Aqua Cafe.

And wine every night!

Love the Bistro on 5. It's $5pp for anything on the menu and love the panini's and the cowboy crepes.

I could just keep listing....

Here are the dinings I make:

early breakfast

Lite Breakfast in our SR

Regular breakfast

Brunch

Lunch

Dunch (a snack between lunch and dinner but closer to lunch)

Linner (a bit more of a snack between dinner and lunch but closer to dinner)

Dinner

Evening snack

Late night snack

Did I miss anything?

Den

Edited by Denny01

ok, taking notes.. pastries at Al Bacio... Breadsticks in the MDR,

I'll pass on the escargot, but that was my Dad's absolute favorite. He had 2 servings every night on a trip they took on one of the dam ships..:eek:

Keep em comming ya'll, please, and thank you

Here are the dinings I make:

early breakfast

Lite Breakfast in our SR

Regular breakfast

Brunch

Lunch

Dunch (a snack between lunch and dinner but closer to lunch)

Linner (a bit more of a snack between dinner and lunch but closer to dinner)

Dinner

Evening snack

Late night snack

Did I miss anything?

Den

Oh, goodness.... are you part Hobbit?? :rolleyes: I do like Linner myself though, especially on a ship...

LOVE the bread pudding with the warm vanilla sauce AND the rum raisin ice cream :-)

Definitely with the warm vanilla sauce - never added the rum raisin ice cream - will have to do that. My wife thinks I am crazy - she says the bread pudding is just made from the rolls left over from last night's dinner. Maybe she is correct - but so good if you like bread pudding (she doesn't).

One night I had a Cheese souffle as an appetizer followed by French onion soup then a to die for Alfredo pasta with clams finished off by Crepe Suzette for desert.

Must have been 6,000cal I staggered out of Blu and told the wife I had to go lay down for awhile.

One of the best things I have ever eaten, not sure I would do it again but I would like to.