New look for P&O Cruises (UK)

P&O Cruises have unvieled the livery for their new ship Brittania and intend to use it fleet wide. No more buff coloured funnels and white ships.Perhaps they are going for the largest Union Jack in the world.:D

Certainly looks more modern and up to date. Wonder what the traditionalists will think?

Do you like it?

I guess we will get to see it when they come through on their World Cruises.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/leisure/10577457/PandO-Cruises-unveils-longest-ever-Union-Jack-on-new-ship.html

BRITANNIA-24_2793315b.jpg

Arcadia was just in for a big drydock/refit/refurb in Bremerhaven. We are on her in April, doing the Med, she does not have the new livery.

I like it, very British.

But I doubt the P&O Traditionalsts will like it, they will choke on their breakfast kippers and G&T's. LOL.

Rule Britannia.

(Karateman has stirred up the Brits on their CC board !)

Edited by NSWP

I didn't like it at first, but it's actually grown on me. I do think it'll age pretty quickly though. At least it gives P&O it's own identity, which I feel the ships lacked previously (at least from a livery point of view). Now P&O Australia just needs to get it's own identity (even just a logo on the funnels for example).

I didn't like it at first, but it's actually grown on me. I do think it'll age pretty quickly though. At least it gives P&O it's own identity, which I feel the ships lacked previously (at least from a livery point of view). Now P&O Australia just needs to get it's own identity (even just a logo on the funnels for example).

I agree, the VB badge on the funnel?

In the middle of last century, when I was a "brussell sprout" we were always taught to have respect for the national flag (both Aust. flag and the Union Jack). It was sacrilege to drape the flag on the ground and certainly there was no way that you should use it as anything other than a national pennant.

Nowadays, we see these flags imprinted an anything from underwear to sun hats ...and now we see the Union Jack used as a decoration for a cruise ship.

I know I'm sometimes called old fashioned.... but in this instance I don't like it. :o

In the middle of last century, when I was a "brussell sprout" we were always taught to have respect for the national flag (both Aust. flag and the Union Jack). It was sacrilege to drape the flag on the ground and certainly there was no way that you should use it as anything other than a national pennant.

Nowadays, we see these flags imprinted an anything from underwear to sun hats ...and now we see the Union Jack used as a decoration for a cruise ship.

I know I'm sometimes called old fashioned.... but in this instance I don't like it. :o

Good to see a few Royalists stlll around Flipper, we are not all Republicans.

God Save the Queen and God Bless Australia !

The colours of the P&O house flag (Blue, White, Red and Gold) in the triangle shapes are the colours of Spain and Portugal reflecting the lines heritage of mail runs on the Iberian peninsular. P&O was granted permission by the Portuguese and Spanish Royal Family to use their colours on their house flag.

Now it appears P&O wants to claim they are British despite the fact the company has a long multicultural history.

Looks good to me -- P&O UK is a VERY British brand (much more so than Cunard). In fact, looking again at the pic -- it looks VERY good to me!!! :) It will look good tied up alongside the OPT :) Wonder what it will look like on the smaller ships.

On another matter - it looks like Oriana has been dropped out of the P&O World cruising ships ( replaced by Adonia? ) I do wonder what will happen to her. She would make for a great South Pacific cruiseship :)

Barry

The exterior paint job on the Epic doesn't bother me,.

It's the horrible shape of it that does.... looks unsafe to me.:D

Yes, agreed, I was thinking more about the shape. Maybe it was just a case of the beancounters winning over the architects.... It was GFC days.

At least this is only a paint scheme on P&O. Far more easily fixed! :D