Does solstice have a laundry

Gaznjo

When looking at the pictures from the Solstice all I can think of is that they are cheapskates! Passengers are not to leave items unattended on balconies anyway as there is the risk of them being blown overboard.

There is a line in the shower for small items.

Actually, no line in the shower for the Solstice...

Correct, that surprised me when we boarded Solstice last year, no bathroom line, no launderettes, no put washing on balcony, of course, they want you to pay for the ship's laundry.

Such is life on Celebrity Solstice.

Correct, that surprised me when we boarded Solstice last year, no bathroom line, no launderettes, no put washing on balcony, of course, they want you to pay for the ship's laundry.

Such is life on Celebrity Solstice.

There is a reason to not leave laundry and other itms on the balcony and every ship I have been on has had the same rule. So it is not just Soltice.

That's a bit silly. Where are you supposed to dry wet swimsuits? It always amazes me when hotels, and now cruise ships, that have swimming pools but don't have somewhere to hang wet swimsuits. I always carry one of those stretchy no-peg-required clothes lines but sometimes there isn't even anywhere to stretch it.

There is a reason to not leave laundry and other itms on the balcony and every ship I have been on has had the same rule. So it is not just Soltice.

I realise that, every cruise line I have been on does not want washing hanging on their balconies. But in 18 cruises we have only had a balcony twice, last year on Celebrity Solstice and in 2011, Coral Princess - Panama Canal. I will try not to hang our clothes out on our balcony on Aloha Deck - Golden Princess, the pax in the Horizon Court, might see it, it could put them off their luncheon.LOL.

Edited by NSWP

I'm sure your laundry is very tasteful and would not put anyone off their lunch :D

The main issue is that people are inclined to leave it there when they are not on the balcony and there is the risk of it blowing overboard, which can be an environmental issue (assuming it doesn't get stuck somewhere else on the ship).

I'm sure your laundry is very tasteful and would not put anyone off their lunch :D

The main issue is that people are inclined to leave it there when they are not on the balcony and there is the risk of it blowing overboard, which can be an environmental issue (assuming it doesn't get stuck somewhere else on the ship).

Ewwwwww someone else's undies landing on your balcony........

Whatever you do don't ask this question on the X board :eek: the answers will be X rated!;)

We always have a balcony and have found those stretchy clothes lines stick well if you angle them diagonally from the glass window to the glass balcony divider, don't load the line too heavily and use pegs. Nobody else can see the line if you put it at the correct angle.

If you take a few cheap wire coat hangers you can also hang things in the shower from the rails of the towel rack.

Or dry your clothes within the cabin by putting them on a hanger which you can hook onto the A/C vent in ceiling.

I am guessing that's why there were stickers saying "do not hang anything here" next to every aircconditioning vent in our suite on Radiance;)

Whatever you do don't ask this question on the X board :eek: the answers will be X rated!;)

We always have a balcony and have found those stretchy clothes lines stick well if you angle them diagonally from the glass window to the glass balcony divider, don't load the line too heavily and use pegs. Nobody else can see the line if you put it at the correct angle.

If you take a few cheap wire coat hangers you can also hang things in the shower from the rails of the towel rack.

I always bring an elastic twisty line with hooks and string it up in the cabin for our smalls, swimmers, etc. Anything else either goes to the laundry or stays dirty and gets packed away until our return.:D

I always bring an elastic twisty line with hooks and string it up in the cabin for our smalls, swimmers, etc. Anything else either goes to the laundry or stays dirty and gets packed away until our return.:D

I just purchased one of there from Kathmandu for $6.50.