Lights on balconies?

Yes, there is a light. Some selfish people who only think of themselves sometimes leave the light on overnight so those who are trying to enjoy their balcony cannot see the night stars, or have privacy, or have a dark room to enjoy a good night's sleep. :rolleyes:

fUNNY, on a different cruise line - room steward would turn on the light at night, and it took me 2 days to figure where they hid the switch to turn in off

(behind the mirror) I did not even know the mirror moved!

We had the same cabin on liberty in Nov. LOVED IT!!!!! Yes there is a light. Enjoy your cruise I'm very jealous. It was our first cruise and I really don't know how we would do any other cabin.

So true. I took the GF on Freedom for her first ever cruise. 1400 showed up as available during a random website check one late night and we got it...so lucky! I'm taking her on her third cruise in April but "regular" balcony cabins will never compare. She will always think back to 1400 LOL!

We'll probably be 'suite-only snobs' by 2015 - she now knows that's the only way to get a bathtub :p

Yes, there is a light. Some selfish people who only think of themselves sometimes leave the light on overnight so those who are trying to enjoy their balcony cannot see the night stars, or have privacy, or have a dark room to enjoy a good night's sleep. :rolleyes:

I knew an over the top comment was coming. Maybe some people just forget to turn it off and they aren't selfish:rolleyes: Or maybe it's THEIR light, and if they want to leave it on for whatever reason, they can.:)

It can be quite light even without a balcony light if folks leave their draperies open and the interior lights on. That can shine quite brightly out onto the balcony too.

I do agree that many folks don't even know that they can turn the balcony light on and off and don't know where the switch is--usually behind one of the draperies.

WOW.. balcony light police now? maybe they need the light on so they can see to light their cigar? maybe they knew you were next door having a fit and left it on just to wizz you off.

Originally Posted by Tamaracklady

Just hope to enjoy the balcony if the kids fall asleep early!

I was thinking with the kids asleep it might be more fun if the light was off :eek: :D

@ssphone:

Tee hee. :) Think we could start a whole other post on that topic!

Edited by Tamaracklady

The lights on our balcony never, and I mean "never", work. As well as those on the cabins on either side of us. I was told that one side of the ship has the balcony lights turned off so they won't interfere with the bridge and navigating of the ship at night.

Of course we just keep the drapes open with all the lights in our stateroom on so we do have lights on our balcony.

I knew an over the top comment was coming. Maybe some people just forget to turn it off and they aren't selfish:rolleyes: Or maybe it's THEIR light, and if they want to leave it on for whatever reason, they can.:)

Actually, it didn't take that long for an over-the-top comment. See, there was one much earlier in the thread!:D

Should be. Some over-sensitive people get upset when their neighbors leave them on overnight.