Do Elites get 2 or 3 drink coupons?

gordylad

Because you actually have to show up to event instead of just being given the vouchers.

This is the first I have heard about discontinuing the vouchers. The parent company has been trying the out on other ships.

yes it was being tried out on Indy OS, they were using e-coupons (3 drinks in any bar) attached to seapass card, the Dia lounge and concierge was still open and you could drink ad-lib in those lounges.

there was also no paper booklet-coupons they were all on seapass card. An A4 printed sheet was in cabin on embark day which listed all the perks.

I like the lounge when it works. I just got off the Eclipse. The Elite event in the Sky Lounge was a disaster. It was too crowded. If you got there before 6pm, there were no seats. After 6, some people left for dinner. Entertainment left at 6:15. Service was extremely slow. It was tough getting service. Sometimes the crowds were so dense, I left. I would have preferred the coupons. Never met the Captains Club host at any elite event. The elite functions on the Eclipse were not as good as other ships.

I wonder if it depends who the CC Host is?

Or is it the job of the Officers & CD to circulate at the Happy Hour?

Sue Denning and Officers were very evident on our March /April Eclipse cruise (vouchers) but I couldn't tell you who the CC Host was.

Sue Denning spoke to us both in the Lounge on Deck 14 and in Michael's Club. In fact she also spoke to us in Aruba, explaining that if there were less Elites, vouchers wouldn't be used.

Alternatively, I couldn't tell you the name of the CD on our Infinity TA, except that it was a man. We tended to be in the Rendezvous Lounge (vouchers) and he certainly never came to talk to us. Maybe he was at the deck 14 Sky Lounge.

I do however know that Jenny was the CC Host, but I didn't see her between 5-6pm( I think I am correct in saying that at that time she was in her office) She was very evident at the Elite breakfast.

Edited by upwarduk

I was told the vouchers are no longer used (due to cost) three weeks ago...The Elite lounge is from 5-7 pm daily...with exception of meet the Captain evening.

Not sure who told you that Vouchers are being used. They are on cruises w a large Elite and above crowd, as reported my many recent cruisers.

As to the increased cost because if sharing, I just can't believe there would be that much to really impact cost. Just my opinion on something I'm not directly knowledgable about

Den

Not sure who told you that Vouchers are being used. They are on cruises w a large Elite and above crowd, as reported my many recent cruisers.

As to the increased cost because if sharing, I just can't believe there would be that much to really impact cost. Just my opinion on something I'm not directly knowledgable about

Den

There is increased cost with vouchers, but it comes from reduced wine sales in the dining rooms. With vouchers, many take a glass of wine to dinner which you can't do if the elite get together is in a controlled space.

I don't think sharing is an issue...if it were, they would assure that waiters checked to see that you were elite when ordering a drink.

I was told the vouchers are no longer used (due to cost) three weeks ago...The Elite lounge is from 5-7 pm daily...with exception of meet the Captain evening.

You were told by what person in the know??

I wonder if it depends who the CC Host is?

Or is it the job of the Officers & CD to circulate at the Happy Hour?

Sue Denning and Officers were very evident on our March /April Eclipse cruise (vouchers) but I couldn't tell you who the CC Host was.

Sue Denning spoke to us both in the Lounge on Deck 14 and in Michael's Club. In fact she also spoke to us in Aruba, explaining that if there were less Elites, vouchers wouldn't be used.

Alternatively, I couldn't tell you the name of the CD on our Infinity TA, except that it was a man. We tended to be in the Rendezvous Lounge (vouchers) and he certainly never came to talk to us. Maybe he was at the deck 14 Sky Lounge.

I do however know that Jenny was the CC Host, but I didn't see her between 5-6pm( I think I am correct in saying that at that time she was in her office) She was very evident at the Elite breakfast.

We were on Infinity and Eclipse in last October/November and had exactly the same opinion. On the Eclipse TA Sue Denning was everywhere, and the officers often came to chat in the happy hour which was still held in the Skylounge for those who wanted to socialize there, even though vouchers were used. I believe the CC host was called Graham, but he didn't engage with passengers much. The opposite was true on Infinity - Jenny was very sociable but I couldn't tell you who the cruise director was. Several officers, fairly junior, came into happy hour. We got the impression that it was an assigned part of their job, but we had interesting conversations with the environmental officer and someone from customer relations among others.

Sheila

We had the elite - elite plus - zenith cocktails up in Sky on Equinox just a week ago. I'm happy to report it was NOT crowded at all - service was really great - almost too good - and the small bites were better than any we'd ever remembered. The head bar man for the entire ship, Carlos, was there every night, greeting every single person, and often making special drinks. I asked for a bellini one night and every night thereafter he made me one and the bar staff started making them for anyone who wanted them.

The Captain's Club Elite Cocktail Hour Menus are still there and they still go by those, but it was a bit more loose that week, at least for us.

We've had vouchers before and the cocktail hour before and this time we had more fun than ever and chatted with people and enjoyed the ambiance for the entire two hours every night.