Do Elites get 2 or 3 drink coupons?

gordylad

On a transatlantic

Thanks

During our TA in November with over 1000 Elite members it was 3 person per day for use between 5-7 PM. Of course it will depend on whether they use the standard socia/cocktail hour or vouchers on your cruise.

When vouchers are in use (that is, when the number of Elites, Elite Plus and Zenith is above some threshold number) they can be used to buy whatever would be within the parameters of the Classic Alcoholic Beverage package price points, 3 vouchers per person per night, between 5 and 7 pm

Edited by WestLakeGirl

Its really nice that they have changed and now allow the vouchers to have a drink up to $8. Sometimes the special of the day is priced lower than $8 during the cocktail hours. We drank at the Passport Bar on our last cruise and even if it was standing room only when the band was playing a waiter always found us and got us drinks....of course my husband tipped him...

any restrictions on what to buy I like a nice red wine......

The vouchers, when used, are now good for anything that would be available on the classic drink package. The menu elite cocktail menu has disappeared.

any restrictions on what to buy I like a nice red wine......

I suppose it depends on your definition of a nice read wine. There will certainly have either a red wine on the list or red wines less than $8 depending on what is included.

When we have the drink package we find the wines included with the classic package too limiting and at best case the list would be the same.

I just read that the Summit still has the daily Elite party when the crowd of Elites is small enough. We have thoroughly enjoyed the intimate daily cocktail hour in Michael's and have met some wonderful people and had the best time...:)

I just read that the Summit still has the daily Elite party when the crowd of Elites is small enough. We have thoroughly enjoyed the intimate daily cocktail hour in Michael's and have met some wonderful people and had the best time...:)

This is our first Celebrity cruise, but we are diamonds on RCCL, so the level transfers over. How does one find out about the cocktail hour (if held?) Is there an invite in your cabin? Do they do it on shorter sailings (4 day) or just longer ones? On such a short cruise, I'm afraid of missing anything. :D

I like the lounge when it works. I just got off the Eclipse. The Elite event in the Sky Lounge was a disaster. It was too crowded. If you got there before 6pm, there were no seats. After 6, some people left for dinner. Entertainment left at 6:15. Service was extremely slow. It was tough getting service. Sometimes the crowds were so dense, I left. I would have preferred the coupons. Never met the Captains Club host at any elite event. The elite functions on the Eclipse were not as good as other ships.

I like the lounge when it works. I just got off the Eclipse. The Elite event in the Sky Lounge was a disaster. ....... The elite functions on the Eclipse were not as good as other ships.

Funny, last time we were on the Eclipse a bit over a year ago (New Years cruise 2012-13) the service was great thanks to this guy! :D

2qdoaj5.jpg

Edited by A Sixth?

I was told the vouchers are no longer used (due to cost) three weeks ago...The Elite lounge is from 5-7 pm daily...with exception of meet the Captain evening.

Well, since you can drink as much as you want theoretically from 5-7, I don't know why 3 drink vouchers would be more expensive. . .

I like the lounge when it works. I just got off the Eclipse. The Elite event in the Sky Lounge was a disaster. It was too crowded. If you got there before 6pm, there were no seats. After 6, some people left for dinner. Entertainment left at 6:15. Service was extremely slow. It was tough getting service. Sometimes the crowds were so dense, I left. I would have preferred the coupons. Never met the Captains Club host at any elite event. The elite functions on the Eclipse were not as good as other ships.

Did you just get off the Eclipse on 1/25? We leave on her on 3/8 and was wondering if they are currently offering the Elite party or vouchers.

thanks

Well, since you can drink as much as you want theoretically from 5-7, I don't know why 3 drink vouchers would be more expensive. . .

Because you actually have to show up to event instead of just being given the vouchers.

This is the first I have heard about discontinuing the vouchers. The parent company has been trying the out on other ships.