Airport Shutdowns today

mamaofami

Boston's Logan will also be problematic. We are expecting 6-10" of snow starting early evening in the Boston area. Cape Cod is predicted to get a foot or more. There will be travel delays through tomorrow into Thursday.

I hope no CC'ers planned to fly from Northeast to catch cruises today or tomorrow.

Stay safe everyone.

Think we (dw) and i are safe going out on 3/27 for Maasdam leaving on the 27th.

I certainly hope your flight goes without delay but we certainly can get snow end of March. It is not rare to have snow into early April. No use worrying now..... there is nothing you can do about it but it's always a good idea to consider flying at least one day ahead of embarkation day if you can do that. Peace of mind.......

Think we (dw) and i are safe going out on 3/27 for Maasdam leaving on the 27th.

Personally, I would never take that chance. There are so many reasons for flight delays at all times of the year. My peace of mind as I start a vacation is very important. I want to be sure to make the ship.

Ippyndad - I hope it is the Maasdam cruise on the 28th of March that you are on. Please come and join our Roll Call and the Meet and Greet!!

Maybe he actually is flying a day early and 'forgot'. :)

Sail7 you are right on both counts, we can have snow in March and i don't know if i am anxious or had a senior moment but, embarkation is on the 28th. We do fly out one day early since you suggested to me once before

Also Gigianne i will be joining roll call and meet and greet

Sail7 you are right on both counts, we can have snow in March and i don't know if i am anxious or had a senior moment but, embarkation is on the 28th. We do fly out one day early since you suggested to me once before

Also Gigianne i will be joining roll call and meet and greet

I remember when we had that conversation. :)

Glad you got it worked out.

Hope all is well by you.

Last thing we heard there were over 1500 flights cancelled in the U.S.

Schools closed here in advance of the storm. It is upon us now and due to our location, we are supposed to get the worst of the storm and blizzard. We can only hope that the weatherman is wrong - but it doesn't look like it so far.

And to top it off, it is very cold. Too cold. What happened to the theory that it had to be warmer to snow? What a winter.

I hope everyone with upcoming cruises manages to get there in time and wish them all safe travels.

The towns and cities a few miles south of Boston got 12"+ snow but Boston and just north of Boston got only about 3-4" of snow. Schools and many places closesd in advance of the storm based on predictions. Many were needless as many areas did not get snowfall close to requiring all the closures. Oh well, better safe than sorry especially when it comes to the children.

When I was out earlier, the temperature was 8 degrees F.

Blame it on the weather. We were in that group of 70 million who got hacked in Target, and we're still waiting for replacement credit cards! We leave in a week and a day. Hoping they get here in time!:eek:

That is definitely anxiety provoking. Hopefully, replacement cards will be in your mailbox today! Good luck.

The towns and cities a few miles south of Boston got 12"+ snow but Boston and just north of Boston got only about 3-4" of snow. Schools and many places closesd in advance of the storm based on predictions. Many were needless as many areas did not get snowfall close to requiring all the closures. Oh well, better safe than sorry especially when it comes to the children.

When I was out earlier, the temperature was 8 degrees F.

This part of the South Shore (Hingham, South Weymouth, Norwell, Hanover, Rockland, Cohasset, etc.) averaged 18". It's 9 degrees F now here.

This part of the South Shore (Hingham, South Weymouth, Norwell, Hanover, Rockland, Cohasset, etc.) averaged 18". It's 9 degrees F now here.

. We got 15 inches in central New Jersey. I think that's where I. live.:confused::confused:

Brrr......... Stay warm and safe !

How many days until spring? Not that flights don't get cancelled in May. :rolleyes: :D