Deployment schedule: let the guessing begin!

It's really high but it is 12 days vs 7 so that makes it not quite as bad as it seems when compared to your Quantum. I haven't looked at any other Liberty cruises so I have no idea how they compare. I will still hope for a price reduction!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Voyager meeting Explorer on the 28 November 2015 in Sydney is a big event but imagine what Royal Caribbean could do to Cunard with Quantum of the Seas in Sydney Harbour instead of Explorer of the Seas.

The USA would have another cruise ship by sending Explorer to New Orleans or Port Canaveral possibly.

Quantum of the Seas coming to Australia would be another big announcement for Royal Caribbean. It makes sense they did not put in the Australia in the China announcement a few days ago if that is Royal's plans.

I like your thinking;);):D

As much as l love the Radiance class with all it's glass, I fell in love with the Silhouette, sister to the Solstice. Loved the restaurants, especially Qsine, ate there twice because it was so good. Loved the Persian Garden and the Lawn Club which had music under the stars one night.

If you never been on a Solstice class ship, give it a try. You can't go wrong with either ship.

I'm still waiting for Radiance - Hawaii. Trying to figure out if radiance or the Celebrity Solstice will be a better fit for us for the spring of '16.

We have been waiting forever for the Radiance 2016 spring schedule to see if it is worth taking. Several of the recent Hawaii Radiance cruises have been too short. Finally gave up waiting and we are taking a land trip to China instead.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We have been waiting forever for the Radiance 2016 spring schedule to see if it is worth taking. Several of the recent Hawaii Radiance cruises have been too short. Finally gave up waiting and we are taking a land trip to China instead.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We will be on the Jewel in a couple of weeks and if the Radiance schedule isn't out by then I just may go ahead and book the Solstice. I have never been on Celebrity and now that we are Diamonds on RCI we may give that class of ship a try. I would prefer a few days later, an early May sailing would be ideal and at 10 days the Solstice cruise is shorter than I would like.

However, we have been to Kauai and missing it would not be a deal breaker for us. We absolutely love the North Shore of Oahu (Turtle Bay) and with the shorter Solstice cruise we would stay at Turtle Bay for several days pre-cruise to make up for it. We would probably add on a couple of days in Vancouver also as we have not been there before.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

It's really high but it is 12 days vs 7 so that makes it not quite as bad as it seems when compared to your Quantum. I haven't looked at any other Liberty cruises so I have no idea how they compare. I will still hope for a price reduction!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Along with SATraveler

We booked to have our favorite cabin

And will watch prices regularly

For reductions!

I'm still waiting for Radiance - Hawaii. Trying to figure out if radiance or the Celebrity Solstice will be a better fit for us for the spring of '16.

I am also waiting for the Hawaii 2015/2016 cruises to be released. I called C&A yesterday and was told no idea when itineraries will be released. Almost booked Solstice 2016 but it does not do enough of Hawaii for me. As much as we enjoyed the Solstice, we would like to go to Kauai. I think the 12/13 night cruises Royal is doing currently are perfect for us and I hope they do the same itineraries again. Keeping my fingers crossed :).

Edited by carsaw

I am also waiting for the Hawaii 2015/2016 cruises to be released. I called C&A yesterday and was told no idea when itineraries will be released. Almost booked Solstice 2016 but it does not do enough of Hawaii for me. As much as we enjoyed the Solstice, we would like to go to Kauai. I think the 12/13 night cruises Royal is doing currently are perfect for us and I hope they do the same itineraries again. Keeping my fingers crossed :).

I kind of feel the same way. Plus, if the Radiance goes just a bit later, after May 1 even better for me due to work restrictions. However, I would like to try the Solstice Class. I just hope the itineraries are released before we disembark the Jewel on May 17. I just may have to keep watching while we are on our B2B cruise.

I kind of feel the same way. Plus, if the Radiance goes just a bit later, after May 1 even better for me due to work restrictions. However, I would like to try the Solstice Class. I just hope the itineraries are released before we disembark the Jewel on May 17. I just may have to keep watching while we are on our B2B cruise.

Actually, the Solstice was our favorite cruise, we did not want to get off the ship at the end of the cruise :) I think that is the only reason I almost booked the Hawaii cruise on that ship. I'm sure I will be doing another Solstice class cruise soon. The food, service and the entertainment were the best out of all the cruises we have been on. You will love the Solstice class.

We have previously booked 3 Hawaii cruises with Royal Caribbean that were scheduled to go to Kauai. None of the 3 cruises actually went to Kauai. The port was cancelled a long time before we sailed.

The most recent Hawaii cruise was booked on Rhapsody/HNL to YVR in 2015, and the entire cruise was cancelled, not just Kauai.

DH says if we want to go there, we should probably just fly there. :D:rolleyes::) But since we've never seen Kauai...I'm not sure we want to spend a few days there. I would rather see it on a cruise first. :) It's almost getting to be an obsession. It's like Bali Hi ...or something :p

Edited by Coralc

We have previously booked 3 Hawaii cruises with Royal Caribbean that were scheduled to go to Kauai. None of the 3 cruises actually went to Kauai. The port was cancelled a long time before we sailed.

The most recent Hawaii cruise was booked on Rhapsody/HNL to YVR in 2015, and the entire cruise was cancelled, not just Kauai.

DH says if we want to go there, we should probably just fly there. :D:rolleyes::) But since we've never seen Kauai...I'm not sure we want to spend a few days there. I would rather see it on a cruise first. :) It's almost getting to be an obsession. It's like Bali Hi ...or something :p

Considering a cruise that would start in Australia, go to several ports in Australia, then cruise to Hawaii and stop at several ports there. Then we would fly back to the mainland US from Hawaii.

Has anyone gone on a cruise like that? If so, how was it? Plusses and minuses welcome to hear.

Considering a cruise that would start in Australia, go to several ports in Australia, then cruise to Hawaii and stop at several ports there. Then we would fly back to the mainland US from Hawaii.

Has anyone gone on a cruise like that? If so, how was it? Plusses and minuses welcome to hear.

It was fabulous Paulette. We did that one in 2012 from Sydney, then to New Zealand (2 days in Auckland) , Tahiti (overnight, until 3 AM), Moorea, Bora Bora and then Hilo and Kauai, ending in Honolulu. EXCEPT that was another one where they cancelled Kauai.

We had April 10th, twice, as we crossed the International Date Line. After retirement, we would like to add additional cruises to see more of both Australia and New Zealand and Kauai. :D:):D

Edited by Coralc

Well, that sounds discouraging. It makes me wonder if we should just go ahead and book another cruise line to make sure we can cruise Hawaii!

To be honest, our cruise (7 nights) on the NCL POA was one of the most perfect overall vacations we have ever taken. We spent 3 days pre-cruise at Turtle Bay Resort and then 1 night post cruise in Waikiki. We had no complaints about the ship and we had a lot of island time, with two full days in Maui (no tender required) , 1 long day each in Hilo and Kona and 2 days in Kauai. The ship was truly more like a floating hotel, with meals included. I was hoping to stick with RCI and enjoy some sea days on the way to Vancouver, but if there is a chance they are going to be cancelling the cruise or ports we are better off seeing Hawaii with NCL again and spending more time on the island itself.:(

This would be better on its own thread but you would have to do a B2B from Sydney. Most visiting ships have left Australia by mid April. Both Rhapsody and Radiance regularly transited between Sydney and Hawaii in April and September but Rhapsody will now only have one last TP in Sept this year as she is redeployed to Europe in April next year and wont be returning.

That is why the 2015 sailing was cancelled.

Fir RCI Radiance will be the only ship doing TP in 2015/2016. She generally calls in at Picton and Wellington in NZ plus Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, Maui and Honolulu (18 nights). Lots of sea days and you also cross the equator. There was never a dull moment.

To also include Australian ports you would need to book another cruise prior.

Does anyone have info on the Quantum going to Shanghai? Since it is going to be based there next summer, I wonder what routing it will use to get there. I also wonder when it will be released for sale. Anyone have any answers?

I'm really keen as well. I'm not sure they may even release it soon seeing as the deployment schedule states that it is "future deployment". Then again, RCI is full of surprises so it could be next week maybe?

What a great thread.

Here is what I gathered is happening at the Florida Ports

Port Canaveral

Enchantment and Freedom stays the same

Explorer comes for 2014-2015 winter season

Tampa

Brilliance on same rotation

Vision comes over on the 2014-2015 winter and 2015-2016 winter

Fort Lauderdale

Oasis stays the same with the exception when it goes for rehab

Allure leaves for Europe summer 2015, then back for winter 2015-2016.

Indy comes back for Winter of 2014 and stays.

**Indy takes Allures run summer 2015, takes over Liberty's run winter 2015**

Navigator comes back winter 2015-2016 for Indy's old run

Serenade comes in winter 2015-2016

Vision stays till Nov 2014 then goes to Tampa.

Well that is all I see for Florida cruises at this time.

Edited by Ander026

So, basically Legend is the only ship left at the moment with an unknown schedule?

It is pretty unlikely that Legend leaves the fleet, isn't it? because she was refurbished in 2013...

She is not showing up at the Sydney port schedule from late 2015.

So maybe she is just doing Asia or she offers Australia cruises from Melbourne?? :confused:

Or she will be deployed somewhere totally different? Maybe due to the China development of Quantum, RCI changes some plans??

It is pretty unlikely that Legend leaves the fleet, isn't it? because she was refurbished in 2013...

So maybe she is just doing Asia or she offers Australia cruises from Melbourne?? :confused:

Or she will be deployed somewhere totally different? Maybe due to the China development of Quantum, RCI changes some plans??

I still think she'll do itineraries from Brisbane and perhaps Fremantle. I hope that's what happens anyway. :)

New Orleans could be a possibility as well.