What do you eat in the Steak House?

2Feathers

Everything is good just be sure to reserve before your cruise or right after you board.We were on the Magic over New Years and they were sold out for all seven nights We were put on a wait list but never did clear.They called once at 530 for the same night but we were already booked in the Italian which is also very good.The mushrooms are very good as well.

First time I ate at a steakhouse was Apr 2012 on the Dream. I had surf & Turf. I order 2 appetizers, no clue what sides and finished it off with the Chocolate Sampler. We went on the first night of the cruise and got a free bottle of wine. We both thought it was one of the best meals that we ever ate.

IMG_2924-500x373.jpg

Later that night I awoke with acid reflux. AARRGGHH! On our next visit to a steakhouse was on the Freedom in August 2012. I had the same entree, but only one appetizer and a lighter desert. I was still stuffed and miserable. We were on a back-to-back and had promised a group that we would again eat at the steakhouse the first night of the 2nd leg. If it had not been for the others, I would have canceled. I've eaten at a steakhouse 1 other time as our friends wanted to do it. This time on the Splendor in Feb 2013 as we departed Valparaiso, Chile. By this time the magic was gone, but we enjoyed the company of our cruising friends from Alaska. So, it will be a LONG time before I am ready to visit another shipboard steakhouse.

Last cruise, I had the crab cake and lobster bisque for starters (forget the salad!), the filet with broccoli (eh...) and wasabi mashed potatoes, and finished up with the decadent chocolate sampler. I was still full the next morning haha. I wish I knew how to make that lobster bisque though, that was my favorite

That lobster bisque - holy cow it's outrageously good. I wanted to lick the bowl. The spice rubbed ribeye was excellent. No one in our party of 8 liked their desserts - we all had either the chocolate sampler or the cheesecake. Of the people that had the chocolate sampler, they all liked 2 of the 4 items, and no one cared for the cheesecake at all. From my educated guess it's loaded with gelatin and/or stabilizers. Even the head chef, who came out and chatted with us, said that many people don't care for it, especially NYers, which nearly everyone in our party is or was at some point in their life.

no one cared for the cheesecake at all. From my educated guess it's loaded with gelatin and/or stabilizers. Even the head chef, who came out and chatted with us, said that many people don't care for it

Others have shared this same information where the chef says people don't care for the cheesecake. I would think with this negative feedback the chefs would pass the word up the line and request either a better cheesecake recipe or a different dessert.

Fortunately we've always been too full after the tasty dinner to have a dessert.

Last cruise, I had the crab cake and lobster bisque for starters (forget the salad!), the filet with broccoli (eh...) and wasabi mashed potatoes, and finished up with the decadent chocolate sampler. I was still full the next morning haha. I wish I knew how to make that lobster bisque though, that was my favorite

Do you mean you can order multiple appetizers in the steakhouse? I know you can do that in the mdr, but I didn't think you could in the pay restaurants. Can you do this with entrees as well?

Do you mean you can order multiple appetizers in the steakhouse? I know you can do that in the mdr, but I didn't think you could in the pay restaurants. Can you do this with entrees as well?

You can order multiple entrees but will be charged an additional $25. You can order an additional app in place of the salad. Try the spice rubbed ribeye...outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app