Organize a M&G

OldBoot

Thanks Paul929297. I think what you are telling me is to drum up interest on the Roll Call in a M&G, then contact a representative from the cruise line with details? I appreciate the tip on specifying No Host bar!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forums mobile app

You have 2 choices:

1. A general M&G where each person pays for their own drinks as they order.

2. A private cocktail party type M&G where everyone needs to pre-pay, and one person then arranges a private room for an hour or two for X number of people. In this instance the drinks are "unlimited" for the specified time and number of people.

For #1 you can still ask the Cruise Line to confirm a bar is open for a set day and time, however other people could still come to the bar as it is not exclusively yours during that time. The cruise line might provide you with a plate of snacks, or you might have to pay for it.

For #2, everything you order, you will have to pay for in advance (or have it charged to one person's onboard account). The cruise line will not charge to individual cruisers onboard accounts. For this one you must keep a record of who paid, and use something like wristbands or you could find 20 people pay and 50 arrive to drink on your account.

I do not like the you must pay meet & greets. There was one on a recent cruise and you were not allowed to go unless you paid. However, I do not drink during the day at all so would not be drinking. Think the cost was $20 pp. How many people would make sure they drank $20 of booze in an hour! But when I asked if I could just come to meet people I was told 'NO"!

On some other meet & greets some one picks a spot, then day and time and we just meet there. The ship does nothing. Sometimes it is at a bar, usually the 1st day at sea and after lunch.

Where can I find information on how to organize a Meet & Greet for my Roll Call?

It all depends on which cruise line you are using. Each one is going to be different. The information you were given was for princess. It looks like you're actually on HAL, is that correct? If so there is a completely different process and it's stickied at the top of the roll call section.

It all depends on which cruise line you are using. Each one is going to be different. The information you were given was for princess. It looks like you're actually on HAL, is that correct? If so there is a completely different process and it's stickied at the top of the roll call section.

I don't know why I assumed OP was on Princess. I think I thought I was on a Princess thread when I responded. So yes, my info is for Princess.

Where can I find information on how to organize a Meet & Greet for my Roll Call?

the ship sets it up if you meet the minimum sign ups.

if you do not then you just coordinate through the roll call a time and a place.

we have experienced both.

With RCI, at the top right of the Roll Call page for your cruise there is a "Meet & Mingle" icon with a link that says "Register for a Meet & Mingle". Click on that link then follow the link at the top that says "Register for a Royal Caribbean Party" and follow the instructions.

The CC M & M is sponsored on board by RCI. It is only offered on cruises of 7 nights or longer. Once 25 guests have signed up, you will get an email notification that "The Party is On". Approximately 2-3 weeks prior to sailing, the date, venue, and time will be confirmed on the M & M webpage and you will also get an invitation in your stateroom on day one on board.

The party is free and typically includes pastries, juice, and coffee with give-aways through a raffle for the guests.

Not sure how other cruise lines do it, but this is RCI's program.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thank you everyone! It is so nice of you to share. I really had no idea, as I've never even attended a Meet and Mingle. Yes, I am sailing with HAL. Thanks for "recognizing" me. Lol. To be honest, I am no party planner. But in a gap, I guess I will do.

• 2 weeks later...
The information in the link Krazy Kruisers posted earlier suggests inviting the Hotel Manager and/or the Bar Manager, for example. What exactly would these folks be there to do?

They usually introduce themselves, and their cards (phone numbers) and tell you if you have any problems to not hesitate to call them.

It's nice to meet some of the officers. I planned the M&G on NCL Star and had about 10 officers show up. Then we all signed our names and cabin numbers for the Ship Coordinator and some of us were invited to dine with the Captain, and most of us were also invited to a Bridge Tour.

We also did a small gift exchange ($5 something from your local area). I had brought ribbon streamers & pretzels and NCL provided punch, coffee, tea and pound cake. We had it at sail-away and Mardi Gras Masks were optional and it was a blast. We had 58 out of 61 in attendance. Best M&G of 7 cruises for me.

I've never attended a M&G on HAL. Princess was big bust (25 said they would come, but only 11 showed up & nothing was provided but the location by Princess. Celebrity we had about 30 folks so all the refreshments were provided by them.

Just some additional information: we also did a slot pull, cabin crawl (with a poker draw game) and specialty restaurant dinner for about 5 bithdays. All arranged on our Roll Call. It was by far the best CC M&G :D

It all depends on what you and your fellow CCers on your Roll Call want to put into it! Have a great cruise.