shampoo/conditioner and......?

motherchic

This will be our first HAL cruise. I have several questions about the room:

1) do they offer separate shampoo and conditioner, rather then a combination?

2) lotion?

3) hairdryer, I assume?

4) night light?

5) clock?

6) magnifying mirror?

thank you much. Thought I would save some space in my bag and not bring duplicates

This will be our first HAL cruise. I have several questions about the room:

1) do they offer separate shampoo and conditioner, rather then a combination?The shampoo, condition and shower gel are in separate containers on the wall in the shower /bath tub area.

2) lotion? a tiny bottle of lotion will be on the sink

3) hairdryer, I assume? yes

4) night light? no

5) clock? only the PS and Neptune suites have a wall clock -- nothing in the other cabins. You can see the time on the telephone

6) magnifying mirror?yes

thank you much. Thought I would save some space in my bag and not bring duplicates

HAL uses Elemis products. Some people like them -- some don't.

Some of the hair dryers work well -- some don't.

We take our own travel alarms.

There will be a tiny bar of soap for the sink area. If you don't see one -- ask your cabin stewards for one.

On my Nov/Dec cruise the shower has three dispensers: shampoo, conditioner, and bath gel/soap. By the sink was a small bar of soap and small bottle of hand lotion. There was a hair dryer in the desk cabinet but I did not use so cannot comment on how it worked. There was a magnifying mirror on the desk. There was no clock nor nightlight so being your own.

By the sink was a small bar of soap and small bottle of hand lotion.

These are normally replenished as needed. If your steward doesn't replace them when you need it, just ask.

One bottle of lotion lasts me about three days. Since I keep it in the nightstand drawer, the steward doesn't necessarily know when I need a new one.

Unless things have changed there is an ugly hairdryer on the wall in the bathroom but don't use that one. In a blue bag in the desk is usually a nice high powered hairdryer that works well. We have found the perfumed shampoos to be too strong so bring our own. I have heard from tablemates, that the ones on the shower wall have also been charged as too weak because the previous cabin user left the lids open when showering and they filled with water. Shampoo is really a personal thing so if you are lucky enough to not be picky they have everything you need.

As far as a night light, you can always leave the TV on but we have found that the one inch gap at the bottom of the door to the hall lets in tons of light and have just used that as a night light.

While we take an alarm clock we have found the wakeup call from the front desk to be all that we really need. It is automatic so doesn't cause more work for anyone. We do take watches so that we are not late for classes or dinner but don't really miss the clock.

Unless things have changed there is an ugly hairdryer on the wall in the bathroom but don't use that one. In a blue bag in the desk is usually a nice high powered hairdryer that works well. We have found the perfumed shampoos to be too strong so bring our own. I have heard from tablemates, that the ones on the shower wall have also been charged as too weak because the previous cabin user left the lids open when showering and they filled with water. Shampoo is really a personal thing so if you are lucky enough to not be picky they have everything you need.

As far as a night light, you can always leave the TV on but we have found that the one inch gap at the bottom of the door to the hall lets in tons of light and have just used that as a night light.

While we take an alarm clock we have found the wakeup call from the front desk to be all that we really need. It is automatic so doesn't cause more work for anyone. We do take watches so that we are not late for classes or dinner but don't really miss the clock.

Just to add to this, there are no clocks in any rooms to the best of my knowledge except the Neptune suites and PS BUT the phone has the time on it and it is adjusted automatically with the time changes. ;)

I use the trusty wake up call too. never been a problem.

Never had an issue with the shampoo, conditioner or soap - have sailed for up to 31 days and managed quite well with their supplies :D

definitely use the hairblower in the blue bag.

1zcojmx.jpg

10h6hra.jpg

We don't care for the soap and shampoo (find them both very drying). I do use the conditioner, however. And we bring our own shampoo and soap.

A picture is worth a thousand words... :D

Thanks for sharing.