Help - 1st time with Celebrity

jab12

We are going on our 1st Celebrity cruise to Asia in March on the Millenium - we have booked a Aqua room and are looking forward to trying out Blu.

Can anyone tell me what brand of shampoo/shower gel etc is supplied ? We normally sail with Princess and have loved all our cruises - however their toiletries are dreadful and we usually lug all our own from home as I have sensitive skin.

I know this is a trivial question but just curious to see if we can save some luggage weight/space - I just might be able to sneak in another pair of shoes

Thanks in advance

We are going on our 1st Celebrity cruise to Asia in March on the Millenium - we have booked a Aqua room and are looking forward to trying out Blu.

Can anyone tell me what brand of shampoo/shower gel etc is supplied ? We normally sail with Princess and have loved all our cruises - however their toiletries are dreadful and we usually lug all our own from home as I have sensitive skin.

You get 3 small bottles:

1) Lemongrass hydrating shampoo

2) Lemongrass conditioning cream

3) a bottle of body cream

All the above are created exclusively for Celebrity Cruises- Hydro- Minerale aquatic spa therapy collection.

I am also a newbie. So if I am understanding correctly, you get those 3 small bottles. That's it no matter how long you are cruising? I really don't think that would be enough for us for 14 days. Also you don't mention shower gel. What is provided for cleansing in the shower?

Sharon

There is also a bar of hard soap.

Everything is replaced when empty; I usually hide the shampoo in the cupboard, so that is replaced.

The above allocation is for a balcony cabin, there may be more for Concierge / Aqua, but I can not say, as we have never sailed above balcony.

There have been some very mixed reviews, with some posters saying that they can't use Celebrity's toiletries. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to bring your own for your first Celebrity cruise, just to be on the safe side.

You will also receive shower gel--in the same Lemongrass scent and by the same manufacturer--cited otherwise in this thread... I happen to like the products and their very light scent... If anything, I find the shampoo to be somewhat drying after continued use on a longer cruise and generally bring a small supply of my own--something moisturizing--to mix it up a bit...

The bottles are small but they're not rationed! If you need more, simply ask your Stateroom Attendant for an additional supply and further request that he/she try to anticipate your use...

I thoroughly enjoy AquaClass and Blu... Have a great trip! I'm leaving for Asia tomorrow--first visit--and am really psyched about it!

I know this is a trivial question but just curious to see if we can save some luggage weight/space - I just might be able to sneak in another pair of shoes

Thanks in advance

They will supply small bottles of their own brand...and will replace if needed...the nail file, q-tips and shower cap you will have to ask if you run out and/or need extra.

We have found that the efficiency with which they replace used items will vary depending on the stateroom attendant.

Some are very good about leaving more as soon as you even start to use anything without any need to ask.

With others, we need to request what we want, but it has never been a problem.

If you just leave a post-it on the bathroom mirror asking for whatever you need, the next time you return after the cabin has been serviced it will most likely be there waiting for you.

We never needed to request more q-tips or cotton balls. Those have always been refilled for us automatically, in any cabin.

It would be nice if there would be some way to order samples of the ship's products to try in advance so you could determine whether or not to bring your own.

We have found that the efficiency with which they replace used items will vary depending on the stateroom attendant.

Some are very good about leaving more as soon as you even start to use anything without any need to ask.

If you just leave a post-it on the bathroom mirror asking for whatever you need, the next time you return after the cabin has been serviced it will most likely be there waiting for you.

We never needed to request more q-tips or cotton balls. Those have always been refilled for us automatically, in any cabin

It would be nice if there would be some way to order samples of the ship's products to try in advance so you could determine whether or not to bring your own.

Not sure if this is new going forward or just our cabin steward...three weeks ago we had to ask for said items...AND chocolates...we were told they were only on the pillows by request...aqua class on Reflection. :confused:

Thanks in advance

If you have sensitive skin, bring your own toiletries. Who knows if you will like or not like what celebrity provides. It's a silly risk to take.

You will also receive shower gel--in the same Lemongrass scent and by the same manufacturer--cited otherwise in this thread... I happen to like the products and their very light scent... If anything, I find the shampoo to be somewhat drying after continued use on a longer cruise and generally bring a small supply of my own--something moisturizing--to mix it up a bit...

The bottles are small but they're not rationed! If you need more, simply ask your Stateroom Attendant for an additional supply and further request that he/she try to anticipate your use...

I thoroughly enjoy AquaClass and Blu... Have a great trip! I'm leaving for Asia tomorrow--first visit--and am really psyched about it!

Hi Mike:) hope you have a fantastic time (no doubt:D;):)).

We had a stateroom attendant on Silhouette who was the shampoo rationer. It took three complaints before we could get more shampoo. We went two days without shampoo and had to find a cart in the hallway to wash our hair. Someone finally made him give us more shampoo. Never experienced that before on a cruise...[

QUOTE=varoo;41435959]We have found that the efficiency with which they replace used items will vary depending on the stateroom attendant.

We never needed to request more q-tips or cotton balls. Those have always been refilled for us automatically, in any cabin.