Beds on Royal

overthesea

Had read several posts that the Royal Princess had new beds which were pillow top. Just read a review that said the beds were hard. Which is it for ones that have sailed on Royal.

This brings to mind the Princess and the Pea :D

Most reports are that people are very comfortable. They are new mattresses on a new ship. Not all mattresses are for everyone. Same with pillows.

There will be someone that will not be satisfied.

I've taken six Princess cruises in the last two years and every one except for my recent Sapphire Princess cruise had pillowtop mattresses and were very comfortable. The Royal had the most comfortable with firm support (better for your back) and soft pillowtop.

We were on the Royal two weeks ago in a deluxe balcony cabin. The mattresses had pillowtops and were very comfortable. However, the pillows were very thick and hard. Think bags of cement. However, our stateroom steward was able to locate two softer acceptable pillows. In all fairness, my wife, who likes firm pillows, was quite comfortable with them. At home, I always tease her about her bags of cement.:)

Had read several posts that the Royal Princess had new beds which were pillow top. Just read a review that said the beds were hard. Which is it for ones that have sailed on Royal.

Everyone is different when it comes to the type of bed they like.

Everyone is different when it comes to the type of bed they like.
I agree. That's why there are mattress stores with many different types and styles. :) People have raved for years about the HAL and Celebrity mattresses but for me, they were too soft and triggered painful sciatica on every HAL and Celebrity cruise. If I take a cruise on them, I know to bring a big bottle of IB as well as pain medicine and muscle relaxants if the IB doesn't work.