Thank you to all of the experienced cruisers

HALcruiser2

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the experienced HAL cruisers who have posted. I will be taking my 5th HAL cruise on Monday, yet there were so many things I didn't know until reading some of these posts.

As of now, we still haven't been assigned our cabin (we booked a guaranteed SY), but I've learned that even when a cabin is assigned, it could change (on our 2007 New Year's cruise we found out at check-in that we had been upgraded to an SA - after having been assigned an SZ a week earlier!).

This will be our first cruise on the Zuiderdam and our first through the Panama Canal. My DH and I are very excited and appreciate all of the info I came away with by perusing the Cruise Critic boards.

Again...thanks for sharing your experiences and knowledge! :)

I don't qualify as an experienced HAL cruiser (2x so far). Just wanted to say have a wonderful Panama transit. We sailed the Statendam through there last year and loved it! Have fun.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Forums mobile app

I just wanted to say thank you to all of the experienced HAL cruisers who have posted. I will be taking my 5th HAL cruise on Monday, yet there were so many things I didn't know until reading some of these posts.

As of now, we still haven't been assigned our cabin (we booked a guaranteed SY), but I've learned that even when a cabin is assigned, it could change (on our 2007 New Year's cruise we found out at check-in that we had been upgraded to an SA - after having been assigned an SZ a week earlier!).

This will be our first cruise on the Zuiderdam and our first through the Panama Canal. My DH and I are very excited and appreciate all of the info I came away with by perusing the Cruise Critic boards.

Have a wonderful cruise! We are doing the Panama Canal on the Veendam leaving San Diego Feb 8 and just got our cabin assignment yesterday, 10 days out, with a nice upgrade. Hope you are as lucky!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

From a fellow Las Vegan, I hope you enjoy your Panama Canal cruise on the Zuiderdam! It's a fascinating experience going through the locks.

What a nice post.

Hope you have a great time on your Panama Canal cruise. We love that cruise and have done it several times.

Please post some comment when you return.

Bon Voyage! Fair Winds and a Following Sea. :)

I want to ditto the OP on a thank you! I am very new to CC and also appreciate the tips from the experienced HAL cruisers. We are also on the partial transit Panama Canal cruise on Monday.

Enjoy! Love cruising the canal! Since its just us I will share my secret...we had the thermal suite pass which gave us fantastic views of the locks on transit day in a quiet setting away from the crowds...shhh don't tell anyone. :)

3 Star Mariner on HAL

Enjoy! Love cruising the canal! Since its just us I will share my secret...we had the thermal suite pass which gave us fantastic views of the locks on transit day in a quiet setting away from the crowds...shhh don't tell anyone. :)

3 Star Mariner on HAL

We booked the thermal suite/hydrotherapy pool on our last HAL cruise and already plan to make the spa our first stop so we can book it for this one. That's an interesting thought, but I think we're going to try and get to the very front of the bow. If it's too crowded we'll just watch from our balcony, although I do like your "secret." We sail in 4 days and we STILL haven't had our cabin assigned. Aaaaaggghhhh...the suspense is killing me!!:)