Pride Returning to Baltimore

jabberjaw070596

[quote name='Ontario_Cruiser']Until Tampa gets around to raising its bridge, I think that the choice of ships will be limited to the Spirit and Fantasy classes. With Pride in Baltimore, and Miracle on the left coast, and Spirit and Legend down under, the only option left is for Fantasy ships in Tampa.[/QUOTE]

would the Splendor fit under the bridge? its similiar to the spirit class.

[quote name='I Luv Crusin']Date Day Port Arrive Depart Info
03/15/2015 SUN TAMPA, FL 4:00 PM
03/16/2015 MON FUN DAY AT SEA
03/17/2015 TUE GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00 AM 5:00 PM TENDER
03/18/2015 WED FUN DAY AT SEA
03/19/2015 THU LIMON, COSTA RICA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/20/2015 FRI COLON, PANAMA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/21/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/22/2015 SUN ARUBA 8:00 AM 8:00 PM
03/23/2015 MON CURACAO 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/24/2015 TUE FUN DAY AT SEA
03/25/2015 WED ST. MAARTEN, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
03/26/2015 THU FUN DAY AT SEA
03/27/2015 FRI FUN DAY AT SEA
03/28/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/29/2015 SUN BALTIMORE, MD 9:00 AM

Who is going? I'm trying![/QUOTE]

Woo Hoo…saw they were coming back on another site:D Love this itinerary…but cannot access it on Carnival:confused:

[quote name='paulypride']Norfolk is reopening soon.[/QUOTE]

It will only be a seasonal repositioning of a ship in spring and fall. No year round service from Norfolk.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='paulypride']would the Splendor fit under the bridge? its similiar to the spirit class.[/QUOTE]

Splendor is too large to go into Tampa. It is much larger than a Spirit Class ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='ShotoJuku'][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]So much for replacing Legend permanently in Tampa when she goes to Australia; I wonder if Tampa will get another ship?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/quote]
Hate tot ell you something you already know....there are not many options for Tampa. That said, I am happy for Baltimore.

[quote name='Tapi']Interesting that Carnival may not have a 7 night ship in Tampa, specially now that Royal is adding the Vision to do 7 night itineraries from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote]
I think you may be jumping to a conclusion. Wo said they were not going to have a 7 day?

[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][COLOR=Black][B]Hoping news will soon break[/B] re. a decision made for [U][B]New York[/B][/U]
[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/518/Pier90-768.jpg[/IMG]
[I]Disembarkation at Manhattan's Pier 90.[/I]

[COLOR=White].[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='I Luv Crusin']Date Day Port Arrive Depart Info
03/15/2015 SUN TAMPA, FL 4:00 PM
03/16/2015 MON FUN DAY AT SEA
03/17/2015 TUE GRAND CAYMAN, CAYMAN ISLANDS 9:00 AM 5:00 PM TENDER
03/18/2015 WED FUN DAY AT SEA
03/19/2015 THU LIMON, COSTA RICA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/20/2015 FRI COLON, PANAMA 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/21/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/22/2015 SUN ARUBA 8:00 AM 8:00 PM
03/23/2015 MON CURACAO 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
03/24/2015 TUE FUN DAY AT SEA
03/25/2015 WED ST. MAARTEN, NA 8:00 AM 5:00 PM
03/26/2015 THU FUN DAY AT SEA
03/27/2015 FRI FUN DAY AT SEA
03/28/2015 SAT FUN DAY AT SEA
03/29/2015 SUN BALTIMORE, MD 9:00 AM

Who is going? I'm trying![/QUOTE]

Where did you book this i cant find it on their site

[QUOTE=maxwell'sparents;41500032]Love that the Pride is back, like others have mentioned, we wish there was a new itinerary.

Won't be the same without Roger signing in the Piano Bar.[/QUOTE]

He certainly was unique, don't think I will ever think of anything else when I hear " you picked a fine time to leave me Lucille"

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

[quote name='Ontario_Cruiser']Until Tampa gets around to raising its bridge, I think that the choice of ships will be limited to the Spirit and Fantasy classes. With Pride in Baltimore, and Miracle on the left coast, and Spirit and Legend down under, the only option left is for Fantasy ships in Tampa.[/quote]

Raising the Sunshine Skyway doesn't look like a easy project.

[IMG]http://bridgemonitoring.com/Bridges/Skyway/skyway_a.jpg[/IMG]

quote[COLOR="DarkRed"]"Year-Round Seven-day Cruises From Baltimore
On its year-round deployment from Baltimore, Carnival Pride will offer two distinctly different itineraries with voyages departing every Sunday beginning March 29, 2015. Week-long exotic eastern Caribbean cruises will visit Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay and Freeport, The Bahamas, while a Florida/Bahamas schedule will feature Port Canaveral, Fla. (Orlando), and Nassau and Freeport, The Bahamas.
During these cruises, guests can relax on beautiful white-sand beaches, participate in fun watersports activities and visit popular landmarks and attractions throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas and Central Florida. "[/COLOR]

I'm happy the Pride is returning to the Northeast and very happy that there is a new itinerary listed.
I have already done the 2nd (and current) one and once is enough. Edited by richstowe

[quote name='Eng23']Baltimore is the only port within a 4 hour drive of my home. Charleston is 5 1/2 hours. NYC is 6 hours.
The point I was making is that Tampa will still have a ship while there are other ports with no ships or had ships that left.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Sorry I was agreeing with you--I meant to hit Quote for...

[quote name='crusinpsychRN']Tampa NEEDS another ship! Paradise just doesn't cut it. We need one for 7 or 8 days cruises.[/QUOTE]

We live 45 minutes north of Baltimore and we aren't going out of Charleston again until they get a new terminal--so we know how you feel. We're excited to have the Pride back again.

[quote name='richstowe']quote[COLOR=darkred]"Year-Round Seven-day Cruises From Baltimore[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]On its year-round deployment from Baltimore, Carnival Pride will offer two distinctly different itineraries with voyages departing every Sunday beginning March 29, 2015. Week-long exotic eastern Caribbean cruises will visit Grand Turk, the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay and Freeport, The Bahamas, while a Florida/Bahamas schedule will feature Port Canaveral, Fla. (Orlando), and Nassau and Freeport, The Bahamas.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=darkred]During these cruises, guests can relax on beautiful white-sand beaches, participate in fun watersports activities and visit popular landmarks and attractions throughout the Caribbean, Bahamas and Central Florida. "[/COLOR]

I'm happy the Pride is returning to the Northeast and very happy that there is a new itinerary listed.
I have already done the 2nd (and current) one and once is enough.[/quote]

A new itinerary? I think these are the same 2 they have had for years. Did I miss another one? Let me know.

[quote name='VaTech8912']A new itinerary? I think these are the same 2 they have had for years. Did I miss another one? Let me know.[/QUOTE]:o:o Sorry. Everytime I looked at the Pride, it was the Cape Canaveral itinerary.
After reading these posts, I realized it was only new to me. :o:o

[quote name='oysterdam']Raising the Sunshine Skyway doesn't look like a easy project.

[IMG]http://bridgemonitoring.com/Bridges/Skyway/skyway_a.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't think that thing is going anywhere. They are thinking about a new cruise terminal on some land that Hillsborough owns on the other side of the bridge

This is great news for us. Been on Pride three times, and now will likely go again. Just over 2 hours away, and upgrading the ship.....sounds worth it.

There will likely never be another spirit-class ship built. And they are the best Carnival has, by far. Yay !

I am glad to hear that Carnival will be bringing the Pride back to Baltimore. I have been on her twice and I love the spirit class ships. we were on the Dream this pass year and it just wasn't me. I seem to like a ship that is a little smaller and I hated the layout of the Dream.

From the looks of things the Itineraries are only thru April of 2015 so hopefully they will add something new when they release the next set of Itineraries. I think, even if they would add a few cruises to Bermuda that would be great. Dw and myself did Bermuda on the Pride a couple of years ago and we loved it.

Does anyone know if Carnival has signed a contract with the Port of Baltimore or is this an open ended deal that would allow them to leave at any time?

[quote name='Carnival_Brides']It must stink to have four OTHER ports with eight year-round ships within a four hour drive of your home.[/quote]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]It does, as it's better to have two ships in the Port of Tampa some 28 minutes away rather than just one! ;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]