Will they empty the mini bar for us?

3littlepigs

So we can use the fridge?

RCCL and X are happy to empty the mini bar and store the contents in your cabin (X in a box under the bed and RCCL on one of the shelves above the bar) Will they do the same for us on the Volendam?

We NEVER use anything in the minibar but do use the fridge so like the extra space. Do we ask the cabin attendant?

Only members of the bar staff are allowed to remove the contents and may not arrive until the next day. You can always take everything out yourself if you want to use the cooler and it will be picked up within the next 24 hours.

You can remove the items and place them on the counter with a note to the bar staff that you want the mini bar empty. Tell your steward as well.

If you are in a Neptune suite, you can just tell the concierge.

You can also ask them to stock different things if you like. For instance, you may want only diet soda, or one kind of beer. Just ask and they're quite good at doing what you want.

We leave a standing order for 2x 1L bottles of water on a handwritten note. That way if our mini bar is being replenished by someone new, they'll know what we want.

Edited by POA1

You can also call ship services and ask that the mini bar be cleared out before you embark.

We have a 75% success rate at this happening before we get to the cabin, and the 25% someone came and had it done by the first evening without having to ask.

Does the Eurodam have fridges in all categories?

Yes. They should be thought of as chillers more than a fridge, but all cabins have one on the E-dam.

Every cabin on the Prinsendam, Vista ships, and Signature ships have a fridge in every cabin.

The balcony cabins have a fridge on the S- & R-class ships. Inside and outside cabins can rent one for $2.00 per day.

Yes. They should be thought of as chillers more than a fridge, but all cabins have one on the E-dam.

Every cabin on the Prinsendam, Vista ships, and Signature ships have a fridge in every cabin.

The balcony cabins have a fridge on the S- & R-class ships. Inside and outside cabins can rent one for $2.00 per day.

Thanks for the info. I'm searching for a mini-bar menu but have come up empty - I'm sure there is a link somewhere but can't find it.

They have never emptied the mini fridge when we have asked on HAL.

We just take everything out and store it in the ottoman at the desk and usually put it back before disembarking, but once or twice we were running late and just took the lid off to show where everything was. We have never been charged for anything being missing.

What cabin category are you in?

Not all cabins on the Volendam have mini refrigerators.

Neptune Suite.

I thought the suite had a fridge rather than a cooler?

Probably not worth an international phone call (and I would likely muck up the time zones) so I will ask the concierge when we get there, I assume he doesn't email you in advance like the RCCL guy did?

Edited by 3littlepigs

I thought the suite had a fridge rather than a cooler?

There's no compressor or freezing unit in the chiller. It will keep cool things cool, to about 20-25 degrees below room temperature. If you put things in there already chilled, it works well.

There's no compressor or freezing unit in the chiller. It will keep cool things cool, to about 20-25 degrees below room temperature. If you put things in there already chilled

Thanks for that! We will have to make sure the stuff we put in is cold...and stop himself from overloading the poor thing!