loooking for a kid friendly cruise April 2015 from NYC area

travel.light

Hi everyone:

I'm loooking for a kid friendly cruise for Spring break in April 2015 from NYC area. We are a bunch of families from CT. Our kids will range from 6 - 13 yerars old. I'm looking at putting together a cruise for a group of families with elementary kids.. need to cut on costs so that's why I'm looking at the NYC / NJ area to sail out of -- no need for airfare :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Hi everyone:

I'm loooking for a kid friendly cruise for Spring break in April 2015 from NYC area. We are a bunch of families from CT. Our kids will range from 6 - 13 yerars old. I'm looking at putting together a cruise for a group of families with elementary kids.. need to cut on costs so that's why I'm looking at the NYC / NJ area to sail out of -- no need for airfare :-)

Thanks in advance!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic Travel.light,

The most reasonably priced will be the Carnival Splendor sailing out New York. Royal Caribbean will be featuring its brand new ship Quantum and prices will be rather expensive.

The Norwegian Cruise Line's Breakaway also features 7-day cruises to Orlando and the Bahamas slightly more than Carnival but, cheaper than Quantum.

I would suggest contacting the Group Sales department for the various cruise lines and see who can offer you the best group rate.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

Welcome to Cruise Critic Travel.light,

The most reasonably priced will be the Carnival Splendor sailing out New York. Royal Caribbean will be featuring its brand new ship Quantum and prices will be rather expensive.

The Norwegian Cruise Line's Breakaway also features 7-day cruises to Orlando and the Bahamas slightly more than Carnival but, cheaper than Quantum.

I would suggest contacting the Group Sales department for the various cruise lines and see who can offer you the best group rate.

Good Luck.

Jonathan

Not true. In October 2014, Splendor leaves NYC, repositioning to Miami. she is there at least through April 2015. EM

Head to Bermuda. We did this last year and had a great time. Nice island, plenty if beaches.

Bad choice for April...Too cold for the beach. Plus, only ships (so far) calling in Bermuda in April 2015: Oceania Riviera on the way to Europe, and NCL Breakaway on April 29. EM

Which weeks are you looking at that really changes the price. The prices on breakaway range from around 6-700 for and inside but the week of the 13th an inside is over $1000. Sailed on the breakaway and it does have a lot for kids. Water slides a separate children's pool ropes course mini golf kids club basketball court.

I won't know exactly which week in April until the new teacher contract is voted on.... It's most likely the EXPENSIVE week:(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Well that does stink :( but if you goto sites like expedia or an online type cruise Travel agency you can do mock bookings for the month of April to get ideas of costs and the different ships/lines sailing that time frame.

Which weeks are you looking at that really changes the price. The prices on breakaway range from around 6-700 for and inside but the week of the 13th an inside is over $1000. Sailed on the breakaway and it does have a lot for kids. Water slides a separate children's pool ropes course mini golf kids club basketball court.

The Breakaway has something for everyone, especially the younger children.

There is also a beach and park at Dockyard (the port) for members of your family that do not want to travel around the island a lot.

What about Gem? She seems cheaper - is there enough to do for kids on her?

We looked at the various options, and if you can spare the time/money, we think the 12 day April 12, 2015, Quantum of the Seas would be a great choice. This is the newest class of RCI ships, departs out of Bayonne, has some great ports far enough south that it should be nice and warm, and RCI does have an excellent kids and teens program (for those who want to participate). We are not big fans of any of the 7 day cruise itineraries since they are really limited to their port because of time. Probably the best combination of value and ports is the 9 night April 15 Norwegian Gem cruise. Although we are not big fans of that cruise line, they do have their admirers and its hard to argue with the value. Since the Gem is a bit older and not quite as glitzy as their newer Breakaway....there are often some very good deals on the Gem.

Hank

What about Gem? She seems cheaper - is there enough to do for kids on her?

Yes they have Nickelodeon characters Sponge bob etc...and a good kids program and a water slide. I haven't updated my signature but I booked for President's week 2015...The picture above is the grand kids on the Gem...

Edited by smeyer418