Computers available for use/rental?

CruzeBoozer

Are there computers with Internet connectivity available for use/rental on S class ships? Even though I sailed on Solstice and Reflection I never inquired because I had my laptop. I really don't want to drag my laptop with me but would like to bring a jump drive with some key files I could work on and email only if necessary. Any suggestions?

What can you use these for? Web surfing, email, etc.?

Yes, they're general purpose use. They have a web browser so can use for all those things.

You pay by the minute for internet connectivity, from 85c/min for casual use, to packages that bring it down to about 65c/min, so it's not cheap for extended use.

Here are current prices and packages, in USD

From the Celebrity website FAQ

Is there Wi-Fi onboard?

All of our ships have Internet Cafes. Celebrity iLounges are found on Celebrity Summit®, Celebrity Solstice®, Celebrity Eclipse®, Celebrity Silhouette®, Celebrity ReflectionSM, and Celebrity Millennium®, Celebrity Infinity®. Online@Celebrity is found on Celebrity EquinoxSM, Celebrity Century®, and Celebrity Xpedition®. Internet access is available in the Internet Cafés 24 hours a day until debarkation is completed.

You can connect to the Internet on each ship, either by accessing a 24/7 wireless connection "hotspot" with your own laptop or tablet, or utilizing the resources of the Internet Café and its computers on board. You will be able to receive email, via satellite link 24 hours a day, satellite conditions permitting. We also have an Online Manager on board to assist you.

Internet Packages

Package Name Minutes Included Price

In and Out 38 $24.95

In Touch 90 $49.95

Informed 208 $99.95

Interact 555 $199.95

Involved 1666 $399.95

Per minute rate is $0.75.

Captain's Club Premium Offers are distributed onboard may not apply to all packages. Internet rates and packages are subject to change without prior notice.

Are there computers with Internet connectivity available for use/rental on S class ships? Even though I sailed on Solstice and Reflection I never inquired because I had my laptop. I really don't want to drag my laptop with me but would like to bring a jump drive with some key files I could work on and email only if necessary. Any suggestions?

the terminals in the computer area will not permit any plug ins. so you could check email, but not attach any thumb drive to do any thing.. not even DL pictures.

the terminals in the computer area will not permit any plug ins. so you could check email, but not attach any thumb drive to do any thing.. not even DL pictures.

Not necessarily true. On Silhouette, I had my laptop along. I did the airline checkin, but could not print boarding pass. I went to the iLounge for help. They were going to get a flash drive and load the boarding pass from my computer onto it, and then insert it into their computer and print the pass. they took so long to find a drive that I left to go to dinner. On my return, I stopped in my cabin, got my flash drive, downloaded the boarding pass. I then went back to the iLounge and they inserted my flash drive into their computer and printed out the pass. EM