NOT Live from the Emerald Princess 2/7-2/17

Pia1913

Instead of starting my usual Live, I’m sorry to say that we had to cancel this cruise a few days ago. My husband sustained a traumatic injury to his right eye; tore the cornea, with retinal involvement too. Cornea was repaired; we think. We will now wait and see; too early to tell say the various ophthalmologists. He is under excellent care in the one of the best eye facilities in the U.S. - Bascom Palmer in Miami. For us though it’s a 65 mile trip one way. Right now we are here at the hospital waiting to see the Chief retina doc.

As you know, there’s always another cruise down the road. So please join us on the Coral on March 26th. See ya.

Pia:

Very sorry to read about Mike's misfortune. I was looking forward to reading your daily posts. It sound like Mike is in great hands and should be doing fine in due time. Will be thinking about you both, hope it is a quick recovery.

Richard

Thank you all for your kind wishes and prayers. Cornea is healing well and retina surgery is scheduled for Monday morning. We don't waste time around here. No guarantees from anybody, but we have the Chief of Staff doing it.

Karen: Yes, we do take cruise insurance and claim has already begun

Carolyn: Thanks for the offer. Appreciate it. We will be spending Sunday and Monday nights at Springhill Suites near the hospital, so as not to make that horrendous drive back and forth down I-95.

Instead of starting my usual Live, I’m sorry to say that we had to cancel this cruise.... ]

Pia, we have so enjoyed your various "lives"! So sorry to hear of Mike's troubles. As others have said, will send prayers for his recovery and your peace of mind.

P & J (roses2)