3-For-Free Promotion

trbarton

Here's the details for the 3-For-Free Promotion that I received last year.

* FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE: Passenger gets the best stateroom available for the stateroom type selected at the lowest possible fare during this promotion.

* FREE SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT: An onboard credit will be applied to passenger's onboard folio to be used towards shore excursions taken during the cruise.

* FREE SPECIALTY DINING FOR 2: On the passenger's behalf, Princess will select a date and time for them to enjoy dinner at a specialty restaurant onboard. *

Has anybody used this promotion?

It states that "On the passenger's behalf, Princess will select a date and time for them to enjoy dinner at a specialty restaurant onboard." Does this mean that they will pick the restaurant, date & time and that I won't have any choices?

I hope that someone has used this promotion and can explain how it worked. We already have $50 each for shore excursion's.

They offered me upgrade from my Stateroom on the Caribe deck to a deck with a smaller balcony. It's interesting what Princess considers an upgrade especially when your reservation is marked "Meta".

Thanks!

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

Yes, they will pick the restaurant, date and time. You'll have a card in your stateroom on embarkation day advising you when it is, I believe.

If what they've selected doesn't work for you, though, it's pretty likely that they'll help you find a mutually agreeable date and time.

Here's the details for the 3-For-Free Promotion that I received last year.

* FREE STATEROOM UPGRADE: Passenger gets the best stateroom available for the stateroom type selected at the lowest possible fare during this promotion.

* FREE SHORE EXCURSION CREDIT: An onboard credit will be applied to passenger's onboard folio to be used towards shore excursions taken during the cruise.

* FREE SPECIALTY DINING FOR 2: On the passenger's behalf, Princess will select a date and time for them to enjoy dinner at a specialty restaurant onboard. *

Has anybody used this promotion?

It states that "On the passenger's behalf, Princess will select a date and time for them to enjoy dinner at a specialty restaurant onboard." Does this mean that they will pick the restaurant, date & time and that I won't have any choices?

I hope that someone has used this promotion and can explain how it worked. We already have $50 each for shore excursion's.

They offered me upgrade from my Stateroom on the Caribe deck to a deck with a smaller balcony. It's interesting what Princess considers an upgrade especially when your reservation is marked "Meta".

Thanks!

Tom:)

on the princess site we get this for the 3 for free promotion Terms & Conditions.

on the princess site we get this for the 3 for free promotion Terms & Conditions.

They recently changed the perks for the 3 for free. We were originally booked with the free room upgrade/$50 OBC excursion/free specialty dining. There was a price drop and our TA got us the lower room price and now we have the 3 for free of $50 OBC excursion/free $30 bottle of wine/$50 framed 8x10.

I was happy either way, but the price drop made it even better:)

we have been loyal Princess cruisers for a long time, (27) but I do have a problem with the company. Because of our age we don't like flying to a port anymore and now cruise about twice a year out of San Francisco,mostly to Hawaii. Our 15 day cruises are not cheap but we never receive an offer like the 3 freebies and our ships are the older ones. It sure would be nice to get the Emerald,Ruby or other newer ships our way and a little free thank you offer from Princess.

O.K. now I vented and feel better,we are on the Grand P. AGAIN in March, also done the Star and Golden cruises many many times:cool:

we have been loyal Princess cruisers for a long time, (27) but I do have a problem with the company. Because of our age we don't like flying to a port anymore and now cruise about twice a year out of San Francisco,mostly to Hawaii. Our 15 day cruises are not cheap but we never receive an offer like the 3 freebies and our ships are the older ones. It sure would be nice to get the Emerald,Ruby or other newer ships our way and a little free thank you offer from Princess.

O.K. now I vented and feel better,we are on the Grand P. AGAIN in March, also done the Star and Golden cruises many many times:cool:

We are getting the Crown in April and the Ruby in 2015. As a West Coaster, I did receive the 3 for free (both of them).

What cruises is this promotion offered on ? I have never seen this one before:(

Princess has had a large block ad with the 3 for free promotion on the front page of the website for quite awhile now. I believe it started last fall and has been updated and extended several times.

We live in Northern California and we get the offers all the time. Yes, it's for the Star Princess, but that's okay with us. To get the offer just log onto the Princess site with your email and password. If you don't have internet, our local paper, the Sacramento Bee, has the offers in the Sunday travel section. You can call Princess or the TA directly and get the offer. There's no reason for you to miss out on these specials.

For the specialty restaurant, they will make a reservation for you. Once you get onboard, you'll get a card with the date/time/location of your free dinner. If it doesn't suit you, just call the Dine Line and re-arrange it to your liking.

I betcha the specialty venues are going to be packed and that's why they changed the promo. I can't wait to get our reservation, then try to change it. I bet I'm going to have a hard time getting a time we like.

After reading this thread, I e-mailed our TA to find out if our deposit was refundable or not. We booked under the 3 for free with the reduced deposit, specialty dinner for 2, and a $200 (in Europe) excursion credit. After finding a price reduction, we lost the specialty dinner and gained a bottle of wine and a free 8x10 photo. I had not remembered anything in the small print about the deposit being non-refundable.

Our TA e-mailed back that our deposit was refundable. He further went on to say that there were different 3 for free offers, some with the deposit refundable, some not.

Has anyone had experience yet changing the specialty restaurant time?

For our May cruise our friends booked under that promo,and we booked under the newer one. We want to eat with them at the restaurant, so we want to change the reservation to 4 people.

For our August cruise we booked together and hopefully since our dining and reservations are linked our specialty reservation will be together. If not, I guess we try to change them.

Just wondering.

We got this offer. Free shore excursion money. Free bottle of wine. Free 8x10 photo. The cruises in the Carribbean start at $780. They sure are not offering much at all with this lousy promotion!!

The 11-day San Francisco Alaska cruises are starting out at $997.00 (and we don't need airfare). From the west coast, roundtrip to Ft. Lauderdale, I can expect to pay about $400-$500, per person, for airfare. The Caribbean cruises might be a "bargain" for Floridians, but it's not doing anything for me in California.

If you wait and book after final payment, you can get it even cheaper. Last summer the 7-day Alaska, roundtrip Seattle, could be had for $399.00 per person. Just something to consider if you think you are overpaying.