Disney Revervations

k9webster

Speaking to the Disney Reservation people regarding a 3 night cruise... make it abundently clear that Customer service or customer satisfaction is not a priority to them.........

Will be sticking with Royal Caribbean - who does care about their customers........ Good luck to those that cruise with this line.........

Speaking to the Disney Reservation people regarding a 3 night cruise... make it abundently clear that Customer service or customer satisfaction is not a priority to them.........

Will be sticking with Royal Caribbean - who does care about their customers........ Good luck to those that cruise with this line.........

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. We've not had any issues with the DCL cast members.

Not knowing what the issue was, I can't comment on what sort of steps you should have taken. Generally, if you're not happy with the answers that the phone reps give, you can ask for a supervisor.

Yeah, DCL isn't known for great phone service. Part of it is their decision to use people on the phones who don't even see a ship as part of their orientation or training, resulting in many CMs who have never cruised. They basically can't do anything but read the responses on their computer screens.

Fortunately, Guest Services on the ship are much better.

I've been totally blown away by the customer service on Celebrity (owned by Royal Carib). This is on the ship and on the phone. You tell them what you need and they make it happen! However, there are things that DCL does better.

A post like this is meaningless without details...

Yeah' date=' DCL isn't known for great phone service. Part of it is their decision to use people on the phones who[b'] don't even see a ship as part of their orientation or training,[/b] resulting in many CMs who have never cruised. They basically can't do anything but read the responses on their computer screens.

Not true. Every reservation/phone CM goes on a 3 night cruise as part of their orientation.

Not true. Every reservation/phone CM goes on a 3 night cruise as part of their orientation.

If so, this is a new policy. I have had one CM on the phone volunteer that she had never cruised or even seen one of the ships in person. After that, I started asking people on the phone. I've gotten responses like, "They give us great rates so we can cruise, but we can't get the time off to do it." And "Oh, I'd love to be able to cruise some day."

If so' date=' this is a new policy. I have had one CM on the phone volunteer that she had never cruised or even seen one of the ships in person. After that, I started asking people on the phone. I've gotten responses like, "They give us great rates so we can cruise, but we can't get the time off to do it." And "Oh, I'd love to be able to cruise some day."[/quote']

It isn't something new, it's something they don't "advertise".....

Everyone gets time off at one point or another, that's just silly.

Edited to add: It IS possible to talk to someone on the phone who hasn't cruised YET. They're on the phones before they take their 3 day cruise. And not every trainee gets that far in the process. Some of them don't make the cut.

Edited by MizDaisy

Oh no ! DCL Customer Service has lost 3 night cruise booking .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

LOL! I also noticed the OP has not returned. Wonder if he or she works for RCCL - LOL.

I myself have never had a bad experience with DCL Customer Service.

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. We've not had any issues with the DCL cast members.

Not knowing what the issue was, I can't comment on what sort of steps you should have taken. Generally, if you're not happy with the answers that the phone reps give, you can ask for a supervisor.

I'm guessing it is all BS, just from how the post was written.

If so' date=' this is a new policy. I have had one CM on the phone volunteer that she had never cruised or even seen one of the ships in person. After that, I started asking people on the phone. I've gotten responses like, "They give us great rates so we can cruise, but we can't get the time off to do it." And "Oh, I'd love to be able to cruise some day."[/quote']

The CM's discount can only be used to book a cruise 30 days out of the sail date and it is not easy to just drop what you doing and sail away. WDW discounts can be a year out. My daughter is a CM.

The CM's discount can only be used to book a cruise 30 days out of the sail date and it is not easy to just drop what you doing and sail away. WDW discounts can be a year out. My daughter is a CM.

The reservation and information CM's for Disney Cruise Line's telephone center DO take a 3 day cruise as part of their training. They don't go right at the beginning of their training, because a lot of people are there, working the phones with a supervisor nearby to help, but they don't finish the training classes or make the cut, so those people may be answering phones and have not gone on a cruise, but on the whole, almost all of them do.

The same cannot be said for PARK CM's.

LOL! I also noticed the OP has not returned. Wonder if he or she works for RCCL - LOL.

I myself have never had a bad experience with DCL Customer Service.

I have...and there are reports from many others who have, also. Sometimes, calling DCL can be hit or miss.

You could talk to one person who seems to have all the right answers, and then talk to another who says something completely opposite. Just like any other job.

Heck, if you call the IRS helpline, the first thing you hear is a recording telling you that any information given is not legally binding....or something to that effect. :confused:

I have...and there are reports from many others who have, also. Sometimes, calling DCL can be hit or miss.

You could talk to one person who seems to have all the right answers, and then talk to another who says something completely opposite. Just like any other job.

Heck, if you call the IRS helpline, the first thing you hear is a recording telling you that any information given is not legally binding....or something to that effect. :confused:

I guess your right and it is hit or miss. For me, so far so good, but I have had hit or misses with other lines. Some are so knowledgeable and others, not so much.

We have top notch customer service with the Disney CVPs. I have my own personal one which of course I can't recommend, but sure wish you would have gotten one like that. All but maybe 1 that I have spoken to have been wonderful. 1 bad rep does not make a cruise line. You are missing out, OP. I'd be calling back and getting some one that CAN help (and letting them know your experience). Our cruise was made possibly only because of our wonderful CVP (cruise vacation planner.)