Cabin assignment at pier???

iluvncl

About 5 weeks ago I booked a GTY inside on the 2/14/14 30 day Hawaii/Tahiti trip of my lifetime. I will love any cabin- noise, light, worn carpet...as long as I'm no longer in Ohio :) How often has anybody else been not assigned a cabin # just a few days out? I know this has been asked dozens of times, but it's a long cruise. How and when do they decide who goes where? Do the majority of folks choose their cabin anyway on a longer trip? Thanks for your thoughts.

I have read here where several people didn't get their cabin assignments until they were at the pier.

You are only 4 days from sailing. Anything can happen.

Hope you get a good upgrade.

Did you check the luggage tag section on HAL's site and the shore excursion section? Sometimes cabin assignments show up there first.

It's rare when there is not an initial cabin assignment before embarkation day, although it's possible the assignment can come after one leaves home, so you don't know what it is.

It's more likely to get a changed assignment at the pier rather than an initial assignment.

We saw a family get upgraded to the Penthouse when they checked in at FLL. Talk about a very happy family with teens.

How wonderful! Did they turn and tell you that? Usually the next person in line is too far back to overhear what is being said at the check-in desk. I would have wanted to shout it to the world.:D