Best Balcony Cabins on Jewel

What are the best balcony cabins on Jewel of the Seas? My DH and I have never sailed with Royal Caribbean before, and are looking at the Jewel for January 2015. We normally sail Princess, and the Caribe deck balconies are extra large. We enjoy Princess, but have heard good things about RCI and are looking for a change.

Thanks,

Ruth

Aft for sure...seems like cabins are bigger and balconies are definitely bigger. Staying in 1600, aft corner, Grand Suite on Jewel in a couple of weeks. 2nd time in this cabin and much bigger than other GS's on the ship.

D1 balconies are bigger as well on the aft...or on the hump at mid ship have a bit bigger balconies. :D

Aft for sure...seems like cabins are bigger and balconies are definitely bigger. Staying in 1600, aft corner, Grand Suite on Jewel in a couple of weeks. 2nd time in this cabin and much bigger than other GS's on the ship.

D1 balconies are bigger as well on the aft...or on the hump at mid ship have a bit bigger balconies. :D

sorry to be a little off subject, but how did you like the Celebrity

Solstice? We are considering trying Celebrity.

Thanks,

What are the best balcony cabins on Jewel of the Seas? My DH and I have never sailed with Royal Caribbean before, and are looking at the Jewel for January 2015. We normally sail Princess, and the Caribe deck balconies are extra large. We enjoy Princess, but have heard good things about RCI and are looking for a change.

Thanks,

Ruth

We like balconies, both fore and aft (but not central) on Deck 7. If you look at a map of a Radiance class ship, you will see balconies that are obviously larger from about 7044 and 7544 forward to 7014 and 7514 and from about 7154 and 7654 aft to 7170 and 7670. The only difference is whether you prefer port or starboard.

We just got off Brilliance yesterday and enjoyed it as much as our one cruise on Radiance and our five cruises on Jewel.

These are our favorite ships - they certainly don't have the bells and whistles of the larger ships, but we feel that the morale their captains seem to engender more than makes up for it. We can't wait for our next trip on Brilliance!

We like balconies, both fore and aft (but not central) on Deck 7. If you look at a map of a Radiance class ship, you will see balconies that are obviously larger from about 7044 and 7544 forward to 7014 and 7514 and from about 7154 and 7654 aft to 7170 and 7670. The only difference is whether you prefer port or starboard.

This is my cabin preference too. We had 7530. It was very conveniently located, and the view was awesome! The balcony is deeper, although the last foot or two is not totally private. It's ok as long as your neighbor doesn't look around the divider, or you aren't standing right at the rail.

Edited by DonnaK

:D

sorry to be a little off subject, but how did you like the Celebrity

Solstice? We are considering trying Celebrity.

Thanks,

WE LOVED Solstice! Very classy ship, modern, the food was definitely better than Royal. I'd do Solstice class again in a minute. The biggest difference was average age of guests...seemed like 60's and lots of Jazzy scooters everywhere. Disco was empty, bars weren't crowded after about 9.

Our favorite is #9576. It is at the very front end of the hump, has a larger than standard balcony which is not one of those long tunnel-like balconies which I think make the cabin itself very dark. It is very convenient to the elevators and the library which has a very nice seating area (it was almost like an extension of our cabin (no jammies out there, however!!!). We loved sitting there and watching the world go by. Cabin #9576 is also quiet, and we never heard any noise from the Centrum once our cabin door was shut. We have had this cabin a few times and enjoy it very much. Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)