Advice with balconies on Oasis

bigsky

We always book a balcony when we cruise. Looking to possibly go on the Oasis for the first time. Wanted to save a little money and was thinking about a balcony room that would look out to see the promenade/ocean/aqua theater. Is there any room area you might recommend that would be good?

Looks like that would have to look out to the Boardwalk and not Central Park?

New to this class, so I'm not sure what I'm talking about :o

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

We had a boardwalk balcony near the aft of the ship and completely loved it.

You can see the aqua shows, the wake of the ship, and the hustle and bustle of the boardwalk itself.. Some people say it's noisy and it's not once your in your cabin with the door shut it there is no noise.

Only remember if you get a cabin near the very back its a bit of a walk to the elevators but well worth it to have a very unique cabin that you have a special view only found on 2 ship in the entire world, and it's less expensive then a standard ocean view balcony.

Edited by Hstergo

We have done Boardwalk Balcony cabins and loved them - loved the views, being able to see the wake, etc.

Would advise you make sure you have cabins above and below you (you don't want to be under the activity deck for instance).

also, about halfway back the tail section is good - it is a bit of a walk from all the way at the end.

One piece of advise do note that those across the Boardwalk from you will be able to see in your cabin if you have the curtains open, or at night only have the sheers drawn - we had a few un-intentional peeks of people who did not realize they were back-lit, or that those across could see straight in. And those from the activity deck (zip line, mini golf, flow riders) can see into your balconies, which is sometimes funny depending on what people leave out on their balconies!

We do love the location to save a few $$$ and also for the views - they do have some special considerations though.

Thank you for those responses! Some things to consider. We just always have a balcony so this will be new. But you do still get to see the water, people watch, and see the Aqua theater as well!

Once we had the very aft and I do remember those walks :)

We usually get mid ship and elevators are right there. It seems to save a nice amount of money though.

Are there any bad spots with blocked views?

thank you!!

We had a Boardwalk balcony and, while the experience of people watching on the Boardwalk and watching the fountain shows was nice, we prefer ocean view.

BW Balcony was like having a balcony on a busy city street. Lots to watch but a fair amount of noise - announcements from the sports court, the whiz of the zip line, line dances by the Johnny Rockets crew and the ding of the bell from the carousel - repeatedly.

It was an experience but once in a lifetime will suffice for me!

Johnny Rockets Crew-

IMAG0048_zpsebe7f4d9.jpg

Kiddie Parade

IMAG0121_zpsda9a7093.jpg

Daytime view

IMAG0049_zps6d39fbf5.jpg

Approaching Cozumel in the AM

IMAG0155_zpsea70bd71.jpg

• 1 month later...

Maybe someone can tell me, do the partitions on the ocenview balconies open up? We will have 3 cabins booked side by side and would love to open up the partitions for an extended balcony. Any help would be appreciated.

We enjoyed our Boardwalk balcony! We could see the Aqua Show and could also see the ocean.

Watching the practice for the Aqua Show was especially interesting since they would try new things they had not perfected. ;)

LuLu

~~~

We had a Boardwalk balcony and, while the experience of people watching on the Boardwalk and watching the fountain shows was nice, we prefer ocean view.

BW Balcony was like having a balcony on a busy city street. Lots to watch but a fair amount of noise - announcements from the sports court, the whiz of the zip line, line dances by the Johnny Rockets crew and the ding of the bell from the carousel - repeatedly.

It was an experience but once in a lifetime will suffice for me!

Johnny Rockets Crew-

IMAG0048_zpsebe7f4d9.jpg

Kiddie Parade

IMAG0121_zpsda9a7093.jpg

Daytime view

IMAG0049_zps6d39fbf5.jpg

Approaching Cozumel in the AM

IMAG0155_zpsea70bd71.jpg

Thanks for posting these photos. We are considering our first cruise on the Oasis and I was wondering how the cabins would be in an aft location!

Maybe someone can tell me, do the partitions on the ocenview balconies open up? We will have 3 cabins booked side by side and would love to open up the partitions for an extended balcony. Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, part of the partition opens on Oasis/Allure balcony staterooms.

We always book a balcony when we cruise. Looking to possibly go on the Oasis for the first time. Wanted to save a little money and was thinking about a balcony room that would look out to see the promenade/ocean/aqua theater. Is there any room area you might recommend that would be good?

Looks like that would have to look out to the Boardwalk and not Central Park?

New to this class, so I'm not sure what I'm talking about :o

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Get an ocean view. If you dont you may very well feel like you've been on a floating mall all week :P Also, the boardwalk balcony and oceanview balcony are almost if not exactly, the same price.

Get an ocean view. If you dont you may very well feel like you've been on a floating mall all week :P Also, the boardwalk balcony and oceanview balcony are almost if not exactly, the same price.

I have observed that the oceanview balcony cabins are almost always more, and sometimes much more, than central park or boardwalk balcony cabins.

We have never stayed in a Central park or Boardwalk Balcony and most likely never will.

Our main concern is the lack of privacy!

Anything you do on your balcony can be viewed from across the way or above. People can look into your room if the curtains are open.

My wife decided we wanted an ocean view balcony instead of a city like Central Park or aft overlooking the aqua theater.....she wanted the privacy... Man I love that woman!:D

This will be our first cruise without an ocean view balcony. We have a boardwalk balcony and yes I will miss it for reasons you stated. I guess we could but it would be a show for others.;)

We have ocean view balcony for a few reasons:

1) air flow is much better in this location, if you stay in Central Park of Boardwalk I would think you would just get still air and it would be more warmer there

2) I do not want people opposite me looking directly at me when I am on the balcony or inside my cabin

3)I read many posts that people who had Boardwalk cabins said it was noisy

Now, my 22 year old daughter and her b/f chose the Central Park cabin only to save $400 that they can put towards other expenses for the cruise. They chose Central Park because it is more quieter and the fact there are trees and such in this location which would probably give them a bit more privacy on the balcony than the boardwalk location.