Where are posts from Feb 12th?

Alberta Quilter

Has anyone else noticed missing posts?

I made two posts yesterday morning and they're gone today. I noticed that someone's post of Feb 12th to my roll call is also missing. I know CC was down afterwards for some time for maintenance. Was there an issue and should we repost? Or will the posts be restored later?

Yes, I lost a couple that I posted just before Noon yesterday, then the boards went down for about 18 hours. I don't think the lost posts will come back.

BTW searching is again disabled today.

Edited by jtl513

Has anyone else noticed missing posts?

I made two posts yesterday morning and they're gone today. I noticed that someone's post of Feb 12th to my roll call is also missing. I know CC was down afterwards for some time for maintenance. Was there an issue and should we repost? Or will the posts be restored later?

If there was a database issue, it's likely that the posts were lost due to the maintenance issue experienced yesterday.

I got in very early yesterday and then the board closed down. I didn't make a lot of posts but the one or two I did make are gone. I guess they had to reset the board and the date/time was a point before I made my posts so....... :)

I also noticed missing posts. Checked our roll call yesterday - they were there - shortly afterwards webside was down - this morning missing posts!!

Yes, that's exactly what happened to me. And I had posted to another thread that I had started, and that post is gone too. Oh, well. Thanks everyone, for confirming that my experience was not unique.

Is there no official announcement from CC? The search function is gone, again.

tl513, my response to your Rostock beer post yesterday has disappeared. Did you repost this today or is your post from yesterday incorrectly dated?

In Warnemude Germany the Westerdam brought on Rostock beer and an oom-pah-pah band for a beer fest at the Lido pool.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1986283

Did anyone else go into CC withdrawal yesterday?!:D Or was it just me?

I sit and chuckle just thinking about how some folks who appear to frequent here on a 24/7 basis must have reacted.

And, when you factor in tech skills, I bet there was pure panic setting in...

I was glad to see everything up and running this morning.

I sit and chuckle just thinking about how some folks who appear to frequent here on a 24/7 basis must have reacted.

I was in the middle of rebuilding the operating system in my main laptop when all this took place. Have to say I initially thought I'd broken something but checking with my other computers I saw the same issue so I knew it wasn't a technical issue on my end.

No - I was there too - but I'm better today. Thank you.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one. I'm currently on sick leave due to surgery last week, and this has been one source of entertainment (thank goodness for the Olympics!). I'll go back into withdrawal next week when I'm back in the office! At least, I can check it on my lunch hour, so that will help with the withdrawal symptoms.

Glad that your chuckle count increased.

LOL Ruth!:D There are some who would post anything - including a swipe at other members - to increase their post count.;) I was kinda hoping that once CC was back up everyone would be starting afresh from zero.:D

Living through this snow and ice storm in my southern state is one thing ... but being without CC for an entire day is another! :eek:

They seriously need to add a "like" option for these posts!!

Glad that CC is up and running today since the weather outside is "frightful" .. If I can't be on a ship and away from this abominable winter, at least it's great to be able to come here and read, learn, laugh, and dream of the next "sail-a-away" (Suffering from SERIOUS post-cruise withdrawal.........)

LOL Ruth!:D There are some who would post anything - including a swipe at other members - to increase their post count.;) I was kinda hoping that once CC was back up everyone would be starting afresh from zero.:D

OMG! Can you imagine the screaming and hollering!!! I never have understood the fixation with one's post count but it seems vital to a few egos. :eek:

We apologize for the delay in Cruise Critic enjoyment. We feel your pain! While our boards were not functional, the other sections of our site were up and running. We do hope that you were able to get your cruise fix by looking at our news, member reviews, and other sections of our site.

We did have to roll back the forums just a bit so you may notice that some posts are not visible. We encourage you to re-post if you can.

Also, Just a note that search is still being worked on, so it is not functional at the moment.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to email.

We apologize for the delay in Cruise Critic enjoyment. We feel your pain! While our boards were not functional, the other sections of our site were up and running. We do hope that you were able to get your cruise fix by looking at our news, member reviews, and other sections of our site.

We did have to roll back the forums just a bit so you may notice that some posts are not visible. We encourage you to re-post if you can.

Also, Just a note that search is still being worked on, so it is not functional at the moment.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to email.

Thank you for the update.... much appreciated.