Godwin

RASHOPPER2

Guest USC Traveler

godwin is an assest that princess should take very good care of. he's amazing. he feels like every passenger is family and he treats everyone with the most respect caring. i'm so glad i met him on the emerald princess a couple of years ago. i hope princess appreciates how much he means to their passengers.

cheers

LOVE Godwin and LOVE Antonio. All the rest, meh IMO. They've never done anything special, unlike Godwin & Antonio.

Hope to sail with them both in the future.

He was on the Royal for the transatlantic in October. He was wonderful but we have also had other head waiters who were just as good.

I must be having a senior moment. I was also on the Royal for TA cruise in Oct. and have no recollection of Godwin being on that cruise. :confused:

I must be having a senior moment. I was also on the Royal for TA cruise in Oct. and have no recollection of Godwin being on that cruise. :confused:
He was definitely our head waiter in the Allegro traditional dining room on deck 6. I even have pictures. Maybe if you had anytime dining you would not have seen him.

He was definitely our head waiter in the Allegro traditional dining room on deck 6. I even have pictures. Maybe if you had anytime dining you would not have seen him.

Not doubting you, just didn't see him. Had I known he was there I would have gone to say hi. And yes, I did have anytime dining. Sorry if you thought I was not believing you, that was not my intention! :p

Not doubting you, just didn't see him. Had I known he was there I would have gone to say hi. And yes, I did have anytime dining. Sorry if you thought I was not believing you, that was not my intention! :p

I never thought you didn't believe me.:):):p

He is doing the itineraries in Japan along with Generoso. From what I understand they are the Princess "dream team"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Godwin is a great head waiter and his reputation is well deserved. IMHO (remember I said IMHO) however, Generoso's is not. I found him aloof and not very personable.....

Bob

Godwin is a great head waiter and his reputation is well deserved. IMHO (remember I said IMHO) however, Generoso's is not. I found him aloof and not very personable.....

Bob

Bob,

I think I know what you mean. Generoso was on our 2012 Emerald cruise along with Godwin. Godwin was fantastic as were our wait staff. I think all 3 being from India added to their camaraderie and incredibly friendly and helpful service.

On the other hand, Generoso, who I recognized immediately based on his popularity on Cruise Critic seemed to live up to his reputation selectively with some tables, but pretty much ignored others. I'm certainly not the type to look for that type of special attention. However, I thought it was odd that he spent a significant part of every night at a table for a large party next to us and never once acknowledged us or any of the others around us.

This had no impact on our cruise, it was just curious based on all the kudos for being the consummate host that he always receives on these boards.

That would have been unusual for him to be on a cruise that you were on and neither of you knew it, especially if you did anytime dining. But I guess it's possible.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That would have been unusual for him to be on a cruise that you were on and neither of you knew it, especially if you did anytime dining. But I guess it's possible.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks, Dorothy. Yes, it would have been unusual! We might have gotten better and quicker seating if you know what I mean! :p