Questions regarding celebrity Century

MsSoCalCruiser

My friends are going to cruise on Celebrity Century and they are first time cruisers. I've never cruised on this line so I am unable to answer their questions. Can somebody please post some links for recent dining menus and any thing else that you can think of Re: dining. So far I've been unable to find the room service menu for them.

I was surprised when I was told that you were unable to bring bottled water onboard.

I wish the search function was working!

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

You can bring bottled water, soda on board on embarkation day, plus two bottles of wine per stateroom. No liquor or beer can brought on board.

For dining venues you have the Island buffet, Aqua Spa cafe and pool grill both located on the pool deck.Also the MDR. You can get pasteries at the Cova Cafe too. All this is included in your price. Murano's specialty restaraunt is $45. per person.

Do not have a room service menu, but ordered breaskfast in my cabin when we had a early port excusion. the food came hot. You will have a tag with the options in your roon. Just hang it on your door before you go to bed. Breakfast is the standard fare options.

I lvoe the Century , have a grat cruise.

Edited by Azulann

We didn't have any problem taking bottled water on our cruises on Century last year. We just put a luggage tag on a case and it was delivered along with our luggage.:)

Thank you, I will let them know. :)

I have also always brought bottled water with me on all of my cruises (non celebrity). When I called Celebrity for my friend, I was told they were not allowed to bring bottled water or soda and that they could only bring wine (two bottles per cabin). I wonder if the Celebrity employee was new?

You can bring bottled water, soda on board on embarkation day, plus two bottles of wine per stateroom. No liquor or beer can brought on board.

For dining venues you have the Island buffet, Aqua Spa cafe and pool grill both located on the pool deck.Also the MDR. You can get pasteries at the Cova Cafe too. All this is included in your price. Murano's specialty restaraunt is $45. per person.

Do not have a room service menu, but ordered breaskfast in my cabin when we had a early port excusion. the food came hot. You will have a tag with the options in your roon. Just hang it on your door before you go to bed. Breakfast is the standard fare options.

I lvoe the Century , have a grat cruise.

Thank you. Good news about the bottled water.

It's nice that you can order a hot breakfast from room service. I was told by the Celebrity employee that it was mostly continental breakfast type foods unless you were in a suite.

Thank you. Good news about the bottled water.

It's nice that you can order a hot breakfast from room service. I was told by the Celebrity employee that it was mostly continental breakfast type foods unless you were in a suite.

You can also order regular dining room menus from room service during the MDR operating hours for lunch and dinner.

Thank you, I will let them know. :)

I have also always brought bottled water with me on all of my cruises (non celebrity). When I called Celebrity for my friend, I was told they were not allowed to bring bottled water or soda and that they could only bring wine (two bottles per cabin). I wonder if the Celebrity employee was new?

no they are not new. that IS the official policy.

however, most people have reported that have had no problems bringing a reasonable amount of water or soda on at most embarkation ports. but your friends need to understand that at any point they may decide to enforce the stated policy.

however, most people have reported that have had no problems bringing a reasonable amount of water or soda on at most embarkation ports. but your friends need to understand that at any point they may decide to enforce the stated policy.

Hi,

I know this question comes up frequently...and I have searched all printed/on-line policies/documentation of Celebrity and have never been able to find anything that addresses water or sodas etc being brought on-board...if you'd be so kind to either point out the "official" "stated policy", or point me in the right direction...for future reference...Thanks...maybe I am just overlooking it.

One might think that since Celebrity sells a "Water Package" and a "Soda Package" that they would specifically state (as seen on other cruise line policies) that "non-alcoholic" beverages of any type are prohibited to be brought on-board...and one can therefore understand why Celebrity Customer Service Reps might say it is prohibited...but I have never seen a Celebrity policy that addresses anything except "alcoholic" beverages.

Any help appreciated. I guess I am one of those who likes to respond/copy/point out specific policy whenever possible when answering questions on here...believe it or not...the Celebrity website does contain a lot of great info !!

Thanks

Woody

Edited by rwr235

2 bottles of wine per cabin

I have never tried to bring bottled water or soda on the ship....

maybe 1 during check-in........surprised if they let you but then it

would never have occurred to me to have a case with a luggage tag

somehow, after paying for the cabin and possibly flying to get there, why would I decide to save money by bringing water & soda on board???

Barb

2 bottles of wine per cabin

I have never tried to bring bottled water or soda on the ship....

maybe 1 during check-in........surprised if they let you but then it

would never have occurred to me to have a case with a luggage tag

somehow, after paying for the cabin and possibly flying to get there, why would I decide to save money by bringing water & soda on board???

Barb

It has nothing to do with "Saving Money". Some people like certain brands of soda and water. It's also hard to find caffeine free diet coke or diet pepsi on most ships.

I usually buy a soda card AND bring some with me for the room. I woke up once around 3 AM not feeling very well (seasick), went for a walk looking for soda and I was told that the bar was closed. That upset me since I bought a Soda Card. Now, I always bring some for my cabin.

however, most people have reported that have had no problems bringing a reasonable amount of water or soda on at most embarkation ports. but your friends need to understand that at any point they may decide to enforce the stated policys.

If this is the official policy, can you please point us in the right direction so that we can see where this is stated???

In almost 8 years of sailing with Celebrity, I have never ever seen anyone denied bringing on water or soda/pop. :confused:

If this is the official policy, can you please point us in the right direction so that we can see where this is stated???

In almost 8 years of sailing with Celebrity, I have never ever seen anyone denied bringing on water or soda/pop. :confused:

20 yrs..... me either.

I see where they prohibit alcohol except 2 bottles of wine. In the prohibited items section of cruise contract, although liquor and beer is listed, soda and water is not listed as a prohibited item.

So that it isn't prohibited should be enough to know it's acceptable to bring on, most likely why most have no issues. :D

The cruise contract doesn't tell me I CAN bring underwear but I do, so I should assume I CAN also bring soda and water, right?! ;)

Hi all,

We don't currently have any policy that states that you can't bring bottled water or sodas onboard. You shouldn't have any issues. :)

I have not yet sailed on Celebrity Cruises but I will say that I am already very impressed just by the way you took the time to respond to our posts. Thank you so much Celebrity Cruises! :)

I see where they prohibit alcohol except 2 bottles of wine. In the prohibited items section of cruise contract, although liquor and beer is listed, soda and water is not listed as a prohibited item.

So that it isn't prohibited should be enough to know it's acceptable to bring on, most likely why most have no issues. :D

The cruise contract doesn't tell me I CAN bring underwear but I do, so I should assume I CAN also bring soda and water, right?! ;)

I've had a bad day so I just want to say thank you for making me laugh!

Hey MsSoCalCruiser, I just got off the Century last week, I packed half a case of Nestle 16 oz. water bottles with no issues to take out during our excursions and for the gym. Also we packed 2 bottles of wine with no problem. Was in Concierge Class. Had the extended Room Service Menu, we ordered the Turkey Club Sandwich with Fries, Chicken Breast Sandwich with Fries, Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce, and the Chocolate Cake they were awesome. All the meals we had In the MDR were excellent, from the appetizers (Shrimp Cocktail, Escargot, Salmon Tartare, ect.) to the Salmon dinner (there were 2 types) the Prime Rib (coulda been thicker slice) had to order a second plate, I didn't see any issues in the MDR. The sushi bar, which is only served at 5:30 PM in the Ocean Cafe towards the back was fresh and really good. Ocean Cafe Buffet for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner had a wide variety of selection to choose from for your palate. The Grill by pool side, I definitely would not get the Hamburger, that was horrible, it had the flat frozen patty process taste to it, I would avoid it. Instead we ordered the Turkey Burger which was fresh not frozen, also we tried the Healthy/Veggie Burger, we thought it was better than the Hamburger but the best was the Turkey Burger. Hope this helped, have fun.

Hey MsSoCalCruiser, I just got off the Century last week, I packed half a case of Nestle 16 oz. water bottles with no issues to take out during our excursions and for the gym. Also we packed 2 bottles of wine with no problem. Was in Concierge Class. Had the extended Room Service Menu, we ordered the Turkey Club Sandwich with Fries, Chicken Breast Sandwich with Fries, Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce, and the Chocolate Cake they were awesome. All the meals we had In the MDR were excellent, from the appetizers (Shrimp Cocktail, Escargot, Salmon Tartare, ect.) to the Salmon dinner (there were 2 types) the Prime Rib (coulda been thicker slice) had to order a second plate, I didn't see any issues in the MDR. The sushi bar, which is only served at 5:30 PM in the Ocean Cafe towards the back was fresh and really good. Ocean Cafe Buffet for Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner had a wide variety of selection to choose from for your palate. The Grill by pool side, I definitely would not get the Hamburger, that was horrible, it had the flat frozen patty process taste to it, I would avoid it. Instead we ordered the Turkey Burger which was fresh not frozen, also we tried the Healthy/Veggie Burger, we thought it was better than the Hamburger but the best was the Turkey Burger. Hope this helped, have fun.

Thank you for your post. You had me at room service chocolate cake :)

I'm sure my friends will love everything from the room service menu to the MDR. I will remember to warn everyone about the hamburgers. Turkey burgers are so much healthier anyway. You need to save the fat grams for dessert!

Thanks again!

Re: Hamburger

We were on the Century last month and I have to say that the hamburgers were awesome. This is just my opinion but they were really good. The veggie burger was pretty bad though so I can't recommend that one.

The hubby drinks Diet Dr. Pepper so we brought a case of that on the ship (the ship does not carry sell Dr. Pepper). Everyone has a preference. :D