Favorite Ship

Lola1210

Century is the smallest and oldest Celebrity ship. The newer ships are the S class - they are the largest and being newer they will be in better condition (although Celebrity does a good job at maintaining all their ships). You will likely get as many different answers to this question as Celebrity has ships sailing the Caribbean. My personal favorite so far is Equinox, as I think she is the most beautiful (but I have not yet been on Silhouette or Reflection). Personally, once I have chosen Celebrity, my next concern is not which ship but which itinerary. I would pick the best itinerary.

We have sailed all the S-class ships, and though we have thoroughly enjoyed all of them, I would say that Reflection is our favorite with Silhouette a close runner up. I, too, believe that you should choose your itinerary first, any of the S-class ships will be wonderful. :)

Our favorite Celebrity Ships are not in their fleet any more:( But at the end of our sailing on the Reflection last Nov the wifester said that this was her favorite ship and cruise in 25 years. Sad to read about the Century, we sailed on her in '96 & '98, sounds like they have let her go down hill with the news she has been sold and will no longer be in the fleet either.

hard to answer that , well I would say- Millenium- first every X- ship I sailed - followed by all other M- Class ships. S- Class ships comes as second ( Eclipse, Silhouette and Solstice I do know ) . It´s a close call between Cunard´s Queen Mary 2 and Millenium.

Our first Cruise was in 1991. We were hooked. Our second Cruise was in 1994. That Cruise was on the Zenith. When we first saw her sitting in the port all we could say was WOW! We couldn’t believe how big and beautiful she was.

That is too funny. My first cruise was Zenith in 1995 (my very first upgrade...booked gty ocv and got upped 3 cats.....no balconies back then). As we approached that ship my mouth hung open! Still feel that same way every time. It is amazing the difference in size...Zenith felt palatial lol. :p

Some people love the layout and cozier feel of the older ships and some people prefer ships that look newer and fresher.

The S class ships are all pretty much the same with the Reflection, Silhouette and Eclipse being the newest. Personally, I'd pick any one of them based on the itinerary.

Reflection - 2012

Silhouette - 2011

Eclipse - 2010

Equinox - 2009

Solstice - 2008

M Class:

Constellation - 2002

Summit - 2002

Infinity - 2001

Millennium - 2000

Century - 1995

The Century is the only ship in the fleet that has the older drive shaft type propeller system and is prone to a little more vibration. The M Class and S class ships all have azipod type engines that run in steerable pods on the bottom of the ship for better maneuverability and less vibration.

What was your favorite ship and why? Went on the Century and was a little disappointed with the ship. Planning another one. Probably will go to the Caribbean. Which one would you recommend us to take? Thanks for your help!

Try the s class ships.

Was totally wowed on my Reflection cruise! Have AQ 1 aft booked on Connie and Summit for the next 2. Is there a better ship?? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...My favorite so far was the Century.....we had an aft suite with Senobio as our butler, and we just couldn't have had a better week! We loved the size of the ship, its 'old world elegance' (it wasn't old but that's what the Elite's kept saying, lol) its service and its itinerary. Also, the food in the MDR was amazing, and I am a very judgmental foodie! I think everything depends on your expectation and your preference. Choose what feels best FOR YOU, and enjoy your vacation!!!!!:)

I like Celebrity. My recent cruise on Eclipse was excellent. It was so nice that we booked the same cruise for next year. I like most Celebrity ships. Sad that the Century is moving on. I took 2 wonderful cruises on it. The smaller ships Zenith and Horizon were the best. I do not like the Infinity. Size matters. Smaller ships are especially nice. Less people, better service. I love Azamara Journey. My all time favorite is Windsurf.

WOW! The responses make one thing clear, that CC members liked the smaller Zenith and Horizon over the bigger fancy dancy ships. Makes one wonder what the people that design new ships are thinking.

The Oasis/Allure with RCCL must be having a hard time filling up right now, with the deep discount pricing just announced for the spring sailings.

My first ever cruise was on the Constellation (2005)- so she will always be a favorite. Her sister, the Summit (2009) was just as beautiful. Both cruises were before they were Solsticized.

We were on the Silhouette in January, and I have to say, without a doubt or hesitation, that the Silhouette is my hands down favorite. Absolutely beautiful ship with lots of public spaces and places to hide. We had an AquaClass cabin and ate in Blu, the weather was near perfect.

Enough said! :D

Edited by attilamom1217

Our favorite Celebrity ship is the Millenium but unfortunately not the same ship after it was solsticizied (whatever the term). That was a turn for the worse.The cabins are larger and more attractive on the S class but the ships themselves are a step down from the M class in elegance and ambience.Our favorite ships are the Azamara ships and their sisters that sail for Oceania. Now those are truly beautiful.

Just my 2 cents

Rodan

My favourite ship is whichever one I manage to find myself on :D

The answer depends on what is important to you. I've been on the M-Class and S-Class ships and while I prefer the newness and some of the features on the S-Class I've just booked a cruise on the Constellation because I liked the itinerary and price.

So, look at both the M-Class and S-Class and let itinerary and price help you figure out what's best.

I am so glad that there are many ships from which to choose. Even though the S-class are beautiful, we like Reflection the least and M-class, especially Constellation the best. The Eclipse 14 day itinerary in the Caribbean is the best offered.

However, life on any celebrity ship is better than life elsewhere.

Enjoy the one you pick.

The one I'm on, heading too, or was most recently on. I have yet to find a perfect ship or perfect cruise, but all of our cruises have been great :)

Sorry I'm not much help, but on the serious side, there are so many factors, from the cabin, service, food, itinerary, weather, etc that all impact the cruise experience. Some of these you can choose and control, and some you can't. As long as the ship is well maintained and has the basic amenities you'd want unless you're on one of the mega ships from NCL or RC it's probably less a factor to the cruise experience (in my opinion).

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

Service matters. A beautiful ship with bad service stinks. If service is excellent, you can overlook some imperfections. Each ship is different. Some ships work. Some do not. The hotel director is the key. A good director makes a great ship. Unfortunately, all Celebrity ships do not run the way. The CEO ought to pay attention to workings of each ship. Some ships have excellent service. Some need help. Look at the number of people who book future cruises on the ship. Only people who are happy book a future cruise.