Specific concern about premium bev pkg-

Beachmartini55

I've just purchased the premium bev pkg for my upcoming cruise. I'm not a heavy drinker but decided the convenience will be worth it. I took a concierge balcony cabin and want to have my cabin steward or room service ppl bring my specialty coffee to my cabin to enjoy the expanded room service breakfast menu that was advertised. I really don't want to be running to get my coffee by myself. How will this be possible since it's clear that drink pkgs don't include room service. Will a nice tip be sufficient? Does anyone know? Eating breakfast in my cabin is a big thing and if I have to settle regular coffee than the premium pkg becomes less worth it for me. I appreciate insight. This is my first post:)

No you may not ask your cabin steward. No tip can expedite it. And as you already noted the package will not cover room service. If you want to be waited on hand and foot you will have to settle for the included plain coffee. Or upgrade to a full suite where you get tea time in the afternoons with canapes and capuccinos delivered by the butler

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

We love the premium package.....not big drinkers, but love the convenience - you will too! Try a wine pairing with dinner!

Although I'm not a coffee drinker, my sister is. She discovered Cafe al Bacio quite early in our cruise and loved it. My suggestion is to do as we did (although inadvertently)......the Cafe is on deck 5, we had a cabin on deck 6 (almost right over the Cafe). She would just throw on a robe and get her coffee and come back to her cabin. I know you've said you have a Concierge cabin, but the Cafe is pretty accessible.

Sorry, but your cabin steward can't do that for you - even for an additional tip. They might get reprimanded/fired for doing so and I know you wouldn't want that to happen.

Just a thought. You paid a decent amount for your cabin and the premium package. The small cost of paying for your specialty coffee is not really that much. I say - just pay for your coffee, sit on your balcony and enjoy your cruise to the fullest!

How do you order a specialty coffee (that you will pay for) and have it delivered to your room?

As near as I recall they do not deliver specialty coffees via room service. You can get all the room service coffee or tea you please, but not speciality items. For those, you have to go to one of the few bars that makes those items..or you can order them in the dining room from a bar waiter.

The Drink Packages, either Classic or Premium, specifically EXCLUDE cabin service. If you want a drink on either package you have to either go to one of the bars or order from a bar waiter on deck or around the ship.

Hank

This is my first time on cruise critic ! I never do this kind of thing. But I must say I truly appreciate the quick replies!!

I know I can't have everything. I was thinking of just bringing a mini one cup coffee maker on board and just make my own Starbucks. Then throughout the day I could go to the cafe. In the past I just use to bring a few bottles of wine on board and splurge for the odd martini. But on all the forums ppl are just telling us to do the math and unless you drink 5 or6 drinks alcohol it's just not worth it to pre pay the premium package. I just think it's so convenient. Except for the original reason of my post- after paying 55.00 per day it would seem a bit painful to have to pay for yet another beverage this case being the coffee. So I can either throw on the robe and get my coffee and time it so room service comes a bit later- or just brew my own coffee. I really can't stand the regular coffee on the ship. I'm making such a huge deal out of this/ I know- but it's my obsession on trying to figure out a one or two wine glass lady is going to justify the premium. Thanks for telling me that tipping cannot resolve the issue. You guys seem so expert and friendly.

I really don't think the package is worth it as you describe yourself as a 'one or two wine glass lady'. Personally I think any 'convenience' is minimal and certainly not worth forking out all that money for. And now you find you can't get the special coffee when you want it. Is it possible you could cancel the package?

Agree that the packages (classic or premium) is not a good deal for many cruisers. One needs to normally drink an awful lot to cover the cost of the packages...especially the premium package. DW and I are social drinkers (perhaps more then "social" on cruises) and recently had our first experience with the Classic Package on Celebrity. Even gulping down lots of cappuccino, bloody Mary's, mixed drinks, wine, etc...we probably did not even break even if we had paid the entire cost of the package (it was built into a pretty decent promo where we probably paid no more then half the cost of the package).

Upgrading to Premium would not have been a good financial decision for us....but that is another issue.

Hank

I know I can't have everything. I was thinking of just bringing a mini one cup coffee maker on board and just make my own Starbucks.

Most cruise lines will not allow electrical appliances other than hairdryers &curling irons

I would be sure first before you pack it

You can get regular coffee from room service no charge it is the espresso type coffee that incur a fee

If you do not like the ship's coffee take the packet of singles instant & order hot water from room service

Edited by LHT28

I was thinking of just bringing a mini one cup coffee maker on board and just make my own Starbucks. NOT ALLOWED Then throughout the day I could go to the cafe. In the past I just use to bring a few bottles of wine on board two bottles max per cabin with legal adults and splurge for the odd martini. [...] just brew my own coffee..

if you are not in a suite you will NOT be able to make your own coffee in the cabin and you MAY NOT bring anything other than French Press or other NON ELECTRIC coffee maker on board.

This is my first time on cruise critic ! I never do this kind of thing. But I must say I truly appreciate the quick replies!!

I know I can't have everything. I was thinking of just bringing a mini one cup coffee maker on board and just make my own Starbucks. Then throughout the day I could go to the cafe. In the past I just use to bring a few bottles of wine on board and splurge for the odd martini. But on all the forums ppl are just telling us to do the math and unless you drink 5 or6 drinks alcohol it's just not worth it to pre pay the premium package. I just think it's so convenient. Except for the original reason of my post- after paying 55.00 per day it would seem a bit painful to have to pay for yet another beverage this case being the coffee. So I can either throw on the robe and get my coffee and time it so room service comes a bit later- or just brew my own coffee. I really can't stand the regular coffee on the ship. I'm making such a huge deal out of this/ I know- but it's my obsession on trying to figure out a one or two wine glass lady is going to justify the premium. Thanks for telling me that tipping cannot resolve the issue. You guys seem so expert and friendly.

What about packets of Starbucks instant and then just ordering hot water from room service? I doubt your coffee maker will be allowed.

I would also do the math to make sure the package will be worth it for you. It's just as convenient to swipe your card in my opinion if you're only drinking 1-2 glasses of wine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the Non Alcoholic package last cruise and it worked perfect for me as I am not much of a drinker either. I do need my water and lots of it and the package more than paid for itself in water alone. On top of that , I was able to get great coffee at Cafe El Baccio, and the IGLU was awesome every afternoon. If you like soft drinks or fresh juice, the package includes that as well. Just pay for the few alcoholic drinks you want.

Just off Equinox----sitting at the airport. There's absolutely no way for your cabin steward or room service to bring you specialty coffee. First of all, your cabin steward is far too busy in the morning to run for coffee. Second, the specialty coffees are made at Cafe Al Bacio, and a room service person won't be allowed to go there to get coffee. Since you won't drink enough to make the package worthwhile, maybe you can cancel the purchase.