FLL - Hilton Marina or Doubletree Galleria

spammie

I'm sorry I've tried searching. We usually stay at the Embassy Suites but want to try something different. If you have stayed at both hotels which one did you like better? We won't have a car and are looking for which hotel has the nicer pool area and stores and restaurants to walk to. Thank you so much for the help. Wanda

We've stayed at both. The Doubletree wins because of the beautiful grounds, view and proximity to shopping and great restaurants. We found the Hilton Marina a bit too pricey for cocktails, etc. Having said all that, we're going back to the Embassy Suites in May because it's more family friendly and we're taking the clan.

I haven't stayed overnight at either, but I've spent time at both hotels.

Hilton has a bigger pool area.

Doubletree has good shopping and restaurants and a nice pool. All of or most of the rooms are suites. People have been getting great rates on lastminutetravel.

Edited by royalcruz

We stayed at a marina view room at the Hilton, and it was great. Steps to the pool and nicely shaded. Maybe 100' to the harbor shuttle landing if you want to use that. Maybe 1/2 mile to most shops on 17th, although the Trolley picks up right at the end of the bridge and will take you to the Harbor Shops (Publix and lots of restaurants). Trolley pickup going to the beach is across 17th, again at the base of the bridge. Note that the Trolley really doesn't have too many set stops - they will pick up anyone who waves them down. It is possible to walk to the north cruise building from here. In our case we bought a cruise transfer and it happened that the ship was at the far end of the port. Had a 14 passenger van all to ourselves. Lots of airline crew stay there.

Doubletree has good shopping and restaurants and a nice pool. All of or most of the rooms are suites. People have been getting great rates on lastminutetravel.

Not any more....LMT's inventory of rooms for 3/29 is gone, I was contemplating switching to the Doubletree Gallery One but I hesitated in pulling the trigger and lost out.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. Since the Doubletree is sold out for March 29th, I booked the Hilton Marina. We will be staying at the Doubletree when we return on April 6th for one night. Wanda

As of this morning the Doubletree Galleria is $162 on LMT.

As of this morning the Doubletree Galleria is $162 on LMT.

I know but when you go to make a reservation you get this:

Thank you for submitting your hotel reservation request with

LastMinuteTravel!

You have chosen a hotel that is not currently guaranteed available in our system and we are currently working to confirm your request reservation. If your check in is in the next 24 hours, please make sure to receive a written confirmation from us prior to check in. We will notify you as soon as possible with the updated status of your booking.

If you have any questions please contact us at

1-800-442-0568

I have stayed at both.

Gallery One - great rooms (suites) with lots of space, a kitchen etc. Nice balcony but of course your view can be good or bad. The pool was small but the area around the outside of the hotel was nice. The mall was a short walk. We did get this last July on LMT and I think I paid $129 for 4 of us in the room.

I've also stayed at the Hilton Marina. Rooms are small but very functional. Balconies are good sized and be sure to get a tower room high up so you can a great view of the ships in port. Plus at night, the view is stunning. Some people complain about the doors into the bathroom but we had no issues whatsoever. The showers are neat! The pool area is VERY nice here with a bar outside. Also at night there is a long fire pit area with comfy seating all around. The hotel is surrounded by expensive yachts that are great to view as well. We walked to the Bimini Boat yard restaurant when we stayed there (very good place for dinner). There's an onsite restaurant (didn't use, can't comment) and a wine bar inside. The lobby is decorated in contemporary 70's type furnishings but we loved it. If you go to the recent posting by PhilnDebbieatSea titled "Allure CLS Detailed Trip Report with Many Pictures". Debbie and Phil stayed at the Hilton Marina and she put many photos on there of the hotel. It's a great review that she is writing.

I would stay at either of these hotels that you have listed again. We enjoyed both and each has attributes that we enjoyed.

By the way: I'm a Silver Hilton Honors member. I have stayed twice at the ES and the only positive was their pool. Beyond that, ick. I hope you have a great stay at the Hilton Marina.:D

Edited by Esmerelda

I know but when you go to make a reservation you get this:

Thank you for submitting your hotel reservation request with

LastMinuteTravel!

You have chosen a hotel that is not currently guaranteed available in our system and we are currently working to confirm your request reservation. If your check in is in the next 24 hours, please make sure to receive a written confirmation from us prior to check in. We will notify you as soon as possible with the updated status of your booking.

If you have any questions please contact us at

1-800-442-0568

Yes, I know but every time this has happened to me they let me know within 24 hours that I have a reservation.

Yes, I know but every time this has happened to me they let me know within 24 hours that I have a reservation.

Thanks everyone for the help. LMT confirmed our reservation for the Doubletree so I will stay there and cancel the Hilton. Thank you again for all opinions. Wanda

I have stayed at both.

Gallery One - great rooms (suites) with lots of space, a kitchen etc. Nice balcony but of course your view can be good or bad. The pool was small but the area around the outside of the hotel was nice. The mall was a short walk. We did get this last July on LMT and I think I paid $129 for 4 of us in the room.

Do you remember what the cab fare was from the airport to hotel and hotel to port? Thanks!

Thanks everyone for the help. LMT confirmed our reservation for the Doubletree so I will stay there and cancel the Hilton. Thank you again for all opinions. Wanda

Nevermind. :( About an hour ago I got this e-mail. When I had checked my account on LMT earlier the reservation was listed. Oh well. We will get to stay at both places. :) That's what I get for waiting so long to book.

We received your reservation request for the Doubletree Suites by Hilton - Gallery One. Unfortunately your request was not available. We’ve sold out of rooms at our sale price on the dates you have requested.

Our expert travel agents are standing by to assist you in finding an alternative at a great price.

Call us NOW at 1-800-258-4230, option 2, and we can save you time and money, as our agents have special rates which are not available online.

Not any more....LMT's inventory of rooms for 3/29 is gone, I was contemplating switching to the Doubletree Gallery One but I hesitated in pulling the trigger and lost out.

Nevermind. :( About an hour ago I got this e-mail. When I had checked my account on LMT earlier the reservation was listed. Oh well. We will get to stay at both places. :) That's what I get for waiting so long to book.

We received your reservation request for the Doubletree Suites by Hilton - Gallery One. Unfortunately your request was not available. We’ve sold out of rooms at our sale price on the dates you have requested.

As you can see from my previous post Wanda, the same thing happened to me by waiting so long, the last day that it was still in their inventory was 2/13. When I checked last Friday, it was on request and I got the no go email in about 13 hours. See ya at the meet n greet.

Do you remember what the cab fare was from the airport to hotel and hotel to port? Thanks!

We paid $28 from the airport to the Gallery One on January 31. We paid $26 for the ride back to the airport on Feb 10. I don't know about the port since we sailed out of Miami this time.