COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

And imagine the two of them together in Fort Lauderdale on January 18th, 2015 for the first time since Royal Princess departed Monfalone in May 2013. Princess Cruises would be crazy to pass up a offshore photo op of the two sisters sailing in tandem before heading off on their cruises.

Can't wait to see them both on the webcam. I'm guessing Regal Princess will be at Terminal 2 and Royal Princess at Terminal 21 across from Allure of the Seas.

:D

We're going to miss that by one week as our cruise leaves on 1/24, but I think a drive to FLL may be in order! :)

We're going to miss that by one week as our cruise leaves on 1/24, but I think a drive to FLL may be in order! :)

That's the one I had booked but unfortunately had to cancel. Guess I'll try to see if they are meeting again in late 2015 or early 2016.

This article from the local Italian newspaper dated 7 April 2014:

"The Regal Princess will leave 16 April from Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard for testing in the open sea. The date has been confirmed in recent days from Fincantieri's own employees who will board the new build for Princess Cruises along with technicians and employees of external companies.

Throughout the Easter week the sister of the Royal Princess, a colossus of 141 thousand gross tons that can accommodate 3,600 passengers, will have aboard between 600 and 700 people for the tests. The return to Monfalcone is scheduled April 21, Easter Monday, a little more than three weeks from the date of delivery to the shipping company.

The official delivery date from Fincantieri to Princess Cruises is scheduled for May 15th.

The delay in the start of the sea trial tests appear to be due more to technical problems that the story of the attachment (sezuire) of the unit, however, still unclear.

The problem shaft of one of the diesel engines were such as to require replacement. An operation that resulted in the cutting of the hull to allow you to enter a new crankshaft.

After surviving the Royal, who the h*** would want this ship???

One bad disaster after another.

I don't think there will be the "Rollout" that the Royal had. In fact, Princess may want to keep this one a secret . . . just to try to save face.

Lots of people, including myself, had a great time on the Royal and would go back on Royal or Regal in a heartbeat.

What is the 'disaster' you are referring to? the great Piazza? or fantastic Horizon court and Bistro? The wonderfull Alfredo's? the always good Prego pizza?

Or the minor inconvenience (to many) of no central stairs (I had 7 cruises on GP with no central stairs either), or the lack of wrap around external promenade on deck 7, but which still had great places to sit out without the annoyance of joggers thumping past every 2 minutes.

I don't think there will be the "Rollout" that the Royal had. In fact, Princess may want to keep this one a secret . . . just to try to save face.

What disaster? The Royal Princess isn't perfect, but I would sail onboard that ship anytime.

Who would? Pick me!! Royal in less than 2 weeks and Regal in November! Looking forward to both!! :):)

"The Regal Princess will leave 16 April from Fincantieri's Monfalcone shipyard for testing in the open sea. The date has been confirmed in recent days from Fincantieri's own employees who will board the new build for Princess Cruises along with technicians and employees of external companies.

Throughout the Easter week the sister of the Royal Princess, a colossus of 141 thousand gross tons that can accommodate 3,600 passengers, will have aboard between 600 and 700 people for the tests. The return to Monfalcone is scheduled April 21, Easter Monday, a little more than three weeks from the date of delivery to the shipping company.

The official delivery date from Fincantieri to Princess Cruises is scheduled for May 15th.

The delay in the start of the sea trial tests appear to be due more to technical problems that the story of the attachment (sezuire) of the unit, however, still unclear.

The problem shaft of one of the diesel engines were such as to require replacement. An operation that resulted in the cutting of the hull to allow you to enter a new crankshaft.

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to board in August!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you write a review of your disaster filled cruise? I'd like to read it.

Lots of people, including myself, had a great time on the Royal and would go back on Royal or Regal in a heartbeat.

What is the 'disaster' you are referring to? the great Piazza? or fantastic Horizon court and Bistro? The wonderfull Alfredo's? the always good Prego pizza?

Or the minor inconvenience (to many) of no central stairs (I had 7 cruises on GP with no central stairs either), or the lack of wrap around external promenade on deck 7, but which still had great places to sit out without the annoyance of joggers thumping past every 2 minutes.

Looking back at their old post it looks like they were on the Royal Cruise in the Mediterranean that was cut short because of electrical issues. Sometimes you

Have to go with the flow, I know it sucks that a cruise was cut short because of

Issues the member has no control of, but Princess gave a refund of the cruise.

If it were me, I would just take the refund and replan the cruise another time.

Drama queen/king much? I've been on the Royal and had a great time. I reserve the word "disaster" for true tragedies - not inconveniences.

we are a year away from our journey to copenhagen on regal !!!

Hi roll call friend! We are also keeping an eye on this thread. ;)(and by we, I mean me. I just tell my husband what's up!)

See you in 372 days! (Gosh that sounds far away! :eek:)

Great news, David. Thank you for sharing. If I don't see it on my thread I'll quote it.

I was thinking the exact same thing! Well put! I'm on the Regal Maiden Caribbean this coming November 6th and can't wait!! :D

Is the only way to get to the pool from the elevator or through the fitness center???? :confused:

No there is a hallway from the elevators to the outdoor area. You don't need to go through the fitness centre to get to the aft pool.