COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

THANK YOU again to everyone for the kind words and tagging along. I know it's been incredibly slow this past six weeks but maybe well get more info and pictures soon. :D

David! Thanks for the latest update, AND the great pics from your iPhone capture. Looks like there is now more certainty about Regal meeting her sailing dates. For me it's still a long way out (as it is for Lucille and TJ (lfk60) who is also sailing on the first 3 days from FLL (unless they decide otherwise, but they are on the roll call). Hope all is well with you and Gray Kitty!

Hi Larry,

We had, what I hope is, our final snowfall of the season yesterday morning. Really need winter to be over with! Gray Kitty is fine and as rambunctious as ever. I'm still battling with some 'issues' and hope to get back to cruising in December 2015. Looking forward to all the LIVE reports and pictures once Regal Princess enters service.

:D

Thanks for the new pictures dmwnc1959 :D Looks like they are still working on the aft pool seeing as it's totally enclosed in plastic in the pictures. It also looks like the deck below is slightly different; the Horizon Terrace seems to be glazed / enclosed.

152 Days until we board in Venice for our first ever cruise. Cannot wait.

Thanks for the new pictures dmwnc1959 :D Looks like they are still working on the aft pool seeing as it's totally enclosed in plastic in the pictures. It also looks like the deck below is slightly different; the Horizon Terrace seems to be glazed / enclosed.

152 Days until we board in Venice for our first ever cruise. Cannot wait.

I think it may just be the angle of the picture. The overhang created by the deck above the Horizon Terrace goes back towards the stern pretty far. Here's a closeup of that area from the previous image...

13532046144_9c51e4d014_b.jpg

...and what it looks like from the Horizon Terrace...

11278177146_dbc6c38911_c.jpg

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

I think it may just be the angle of the picture. The overhang created by the deck above the Horizon Terrace goes back towards the stern pretty far. Here's a closeup of that area from the previous image...

...and what it looks like from the Horizon Terrace...

11278177146_dbc6c38911_c.jpg

Have a GREAT cruise!!!

Silly me. I was mistaking the handrails for glazing. Pleased about that as this is one of the areas we are most looking forward to using. Cannot wait to sit there with a cocktail watching the land disappear into the distance.

[quote name=

Hi Larry' date='

We had, what I hope is, our final snowfall of the season yesterday morning. Really need winter to be over with! Gray Kitty is fine and as rambunctious as ever. I'm still battling with some 'issues' and hope to get back to cruising in December 2015. Looking forward to all the LIVE reports and pictures once Regal Princess enters service.

:D[/quote]

Dave,

Darn I hate to hear that you are having 'issues'! They can really be such an annoyance! Hope all is better real soon and you regain your 'sea legs'!!

Take good care!:)

Dave,

Darn I hate to hear that you are having 'issues'! They can really be such an annoyance! Hope all is better real soon and you regain your 'sea legs'!!

Take good care!:)

How's that saying go...It's hell getting old. ;)

I just have to plan a little further away that I wanted, but it will be something to look forward to.

Princess is really keeping the new aft pool 'under wraps' from our inquisitive eyes. :p

Great new photos Dave, the Regal looks gorgeous.

THANK YOU again to everyone for the kind words and tagging along. I know it's been incredibly slow this past six weeks but maybe well get more info and pictures soon. :D

Hi Larry,

Hi David! Very coincidently I'll be on my annual Spiritual Retreat this coming weekend and of course I'll be keeping you in my prayers. It's a great place to "talk," if you know what (and with who) I mean! ;)

On the 11/6 and 11/9 cruises I'm pretty sure that Chris (Bugsy4271) will be doing a Live From. I don't think he has opened the page yet, but as soon as I find out I'll post it on those threads, as I'm sure Chris will do.

God Bless!

Any word yet on where the Regal Princess will home port? Will she stay in the Med and do round trip cruises from Venice?

According to the Princess Cruises web site, after her Maiden Voyage Regal Princess will be doing eastbound Grand Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona, and westbound from Venice.

At the beginning of October she will transit from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale for a winter season of Eastern Caribbean cruises.

Next year in mid-April 2015 she will head for Northern Europe for Scandinavia/Russia cruises.

Any word yet on where the Regal Princess will home port? Will she stay in the Med and do round trip cruises from Venice?
After November of 2014, the Regal and every other cruise ship larger than 96,000 tons are banned from entering Venice through the Giudecca Canal. That is why the Island will be repositioned to Europe to take over the Barcelona to Venice Grand Mediterranean itinerary in 2015.

A new access channel from the west will need to be completed before the Regal or any other large cruise ship can sail into Venice again. In November of 2013 Venice's port authorities estimated that would take two years. I have no idea if that work has even started.

After November of 2014, the Regal and every other cruise ship larger than 96,000 tons are banned from entering Venice through the Giudecca Canal. That is why the Island will be repositioned to Europe to take over the Barcelona to Venice Grand Mediterranean itinerary in 2015.

A new access channel from the west will need to be completed before the Regal or any other large cruise ship can sail into Venice again. In November of 2013 Venice's port authorities estimated that would take two years. I have no idea if that work has even started.

That isn't the case anymore as an area administrative court has over ruled that decree.

Link:

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/2014/03/19/shipping/cruise-and-ferries/venice-big-ship-QZ7WxPwVZsQXDV1Bgy2jnM/index.html

That isn't the case anymore as an area administrative court has over ruled that decree.

Link:

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/2014/03/19/shipping/cruise-and-ferries/venice-big-ship-QZ7WxPwVZsQXDV1Bgy2jnM/index.html

Interesting. That ruling appears to be just two weeks old. Too late for the setting of 2015 cruise schedules for Princess and I would imagine many other cruise lines. Things could still change before the 2016 schedule. As the last sentence in the article states:

The Port Authority of Venice has no doubts about the future that awaits the city: “The decision of the Court cannot, nor should it, in any sense, distract us or worse yet stop us from attempting to find and create by 2016, an alternative waterway to allow access to the Seaway and solve the problem of ships passing in front of San Marco.”

Hi David! Very coincidently I'll be on my annual Spiritual Retreat this coming weekend and of course I'll be keeping you in my prayers. It's a great place to "talk," if you know what (and with who) I mean! ;)

On the 11/6 and 11/9 cruises I'm pretty sure that Chris (Bugsy4271) will be doing a Live From. I don't think he has opened the page yet, but as soon as I find out I'll post it on those threads, as I'm sure Chris will do.

God Bless!

Sorry to quote myself, but this is the point I want to address. Bugsy4271 will start his Live From 3 days prior to sailing. Which means on 11/3 he will open the thread and say a few words, and go from there! That will be the Maiden Caribbean voyage of the Regal. Feel free to tune in and enjoy!

My prediction is that Green Italy (environmentalists) will lose this round. Big cruise industry business will prevail, especially if we are talking big tourist $$$.
At some point a new cruise ship channel from the west will be completed allowing ships to get to the Port of Venice without sailing up the Giudecca Canal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Dave;

Thanks for sharing the picture. The two ships may not be for me, but I gotta admit, they sure have beautiful lines.....:):):)

Bob

And imagine the two of them together in Fort Lauderdale on January 18th, 2015 for the first time since Royal Princess departed Monfalone in May 2013. Princess Cruises would be crazy to pass up a offshore photo op of the two sisters sailing in tandem before heading off on their cruises.

Can't wait to see them both on the webcam. I'm guessing Regal Princess will be at Terminal 2 and Royal Princess at Terminal 21 across from Allure of the Seas.

Edited by dmwnc1959