Missing ... very sad ..

SpekiTrout

After my last two visits, I refuse to leave the ship. Just saying.

The gated cruise terminal area is fine and totally safe so you don't have to totally stay on the ship if you want to walk around a bit.

Do hope they'll find the missing man!

LuLu

~~~~

Just off Celebrity Silhouette (our 2nd time in Falmouth) and the Cruise Director was warning everyone on her morning show not to leave the port unless you're on an organized tour.

That seemed odd for me...why are they bringing passengers there if they then have to warn them not to leave port?

When we went to Falmouth last year, there were no such warnings.

Kind of what I was thinking too. It could very well be a case of him not wanting to be found rather than foul play.

Right, could be that or any number of things. Of course he may have met foul play too, but it's just silly for people to be posting these "so sad....." comments when they no nothing.:rolleyes:

Wonder which ship he was on ... just says a cruise ship passenger from the Falmouth terminal?

Do hope he will be found and is all right.

LuLu

The news story is dated Feb 14 a little before 4pm so it probably occurred the day prior. The two ships scheduled in Falmouth on Feb 13 were Liberty and Silhouette. I too hope he is found and is well. :(

After my last two visits, I refuse to leave the ship. Just saying.

So the verdict's in?

Kind of what I was thinking too. It could very well be a case of him not wanting to be found rather than foul play.

I agree that its too early to know whether foul play was involved in this particular case. But its NOT too early at all to know that going outside of the gated port area in Jamaica is an extremely risky proposition these days, as evidenced by a number of posts in this thread, including cruise ships making specific warnings to their customers about it.

I agree that its too early to know whether foul play was involved in this particular case. But its NOT too early at all to know that going outside of the gated port area in Jamaica is an extremely risky proposition these days, as evidenced by a number of posts in this thread, including cruise ships making specific warnings to their customers about it.

I agree with you. It would be helpful if the one's who had bad experiences would elaborate a little.

We were there this past Nov. We stayed within the port and had no problems.

I'm kind of leery of us wondering off on our own in many places.

I was in Falmouth two years ago it didn't seem too bad. DW and I did the Dunn River falls we are going back again in May I was going to Wander around outside the gated area, maybe not a safe idea :|

1 trip to Falmouth and it is on par with Nassau for me. A nice quiet day on the ship with my choice of any deck chair and no lines in the Windjammer.

I agree.....the cruise line could save port charges in the future and just anchor off shore so at least some could say "I've been to Jamaica"......;)

Sad to see this. I looked at the date and realized that was the same day we were at Falmouth last week on Silhouette. 4 pm seems very late to leave the ship unless just going out for a quick stop at a shop within the port area. I believe our all on board time was around 4:30 since we left at 5 pm. Liberty had about the same schedule. Last time at Falmouth, we just got off the ship and stayed within the port area which has improved since a little over a year ago. This time we joined several others on our CC RollCall and booked with Resort for a Day Jamaica. It was great and would do it again for a nice beach day. We got a group rate. They picked us up within the port area and took us to Hilton Rose Hall resort and then dropped us off back within the port area - felt very safe.

Edited by CatMom7