Le Bistro now $30??????

david_sobe

I was reading the most recent review for Breakaway (reviews section). The reviewer stated Le Bistro is now $30pp. They also noted that on Valentines day they charged people $49pp and had a limited menu. This is unfortunate if true. I ate at Le Bistro last year on Valentines day and NCL did not gouge customers like that.

The specialty dining package looks better all the time since you never know when big price increases come to the specialty restaurants.

Curious if anyone sailed any other NCL ship last week and paid $30 for Le Bistro and $49 for Valentines Day.

Not worth it! I find it the worst of all the speciality restaurants.

I have to agree. I have only eaten there once of all my NCL cruises. I don't eat duck or lamb and their menu is big on that and seafood. I had the filet and it was MDR quality. I also did not care for the sauce that was all over the filet. The French onion soup was good but not great. I have had better French onion soup in every other restaurant I have eaten in. The dessert was good though :)

I am always amazed how people rave about Le Bistro but I will stick to Cagneys for my filet. But for the price of $20 maybe it was worth it but $30 - no way.

EVERYONE: I know the NCL site says $20

I was asking if anyone sailed and experienced $30 like the other person. The OP stated if you pre-booked it was $20 but $30 on board. Maybe for Valentines week they increased the price. Or sometimes over and over we hear about things on ships and then the NCL site is the last to know. Happens all the time.

Edited by david_sobe

Don't have current le bistro price confirmation, but I am pretty sure there was a special valentines day dinner offered a couple of years ago that we went to. Pretty sure there was a special menu with a special price. I'm hazy on the details though, we must have had some special wine as well...

Just got off the GEM on Monday 2/17

Le Bistro was $20 per person. Went there twice. The gorgonzola crusted filet mignon was yummy as were the lamb chops

There was indeed a Special Valentine's menu at Le Bistro . It was $49.00 per person. We did not go to Le Bistro for St.Valentine's Day so I do not recall what was on the menu

Well, the dailies from the ship are dated last week and they show the on board price to be $20 same as always. It is pretty routine for NCL to offer a "special" meal for occasions such as valentines day.

We all know how accurate some of the reviews are, especially if the reviewer is not happy with the cruise. Could just be a typo.

I have to agree. I have only eaten there once of all my NCL cruises. I don't eat duck or lamb and their menu is big on that and seafood. I had the filet and it was MDR quality. I also did not care for the sauce that was all over the filet. The French onion soup was good but not great. I have had better French onion soup in every other restaurant I have eaten in. The dessert was good though :)

I am always amazed how people rave about Le Bistro but I will stick to Cagneys for my filet. But for the price of $20 maybe it was worth it but $30 - no way.

I think that it's good that people are different and it's good that not everyone like LeBistro.

If someone don't eat duck or lamb and don't really like seafood I understand why they don't rave about LeBistro but that doesn't say much about the quality of the food in LeBistro.

It's good that they have both LeBistro and Cagneys so that we both can get the food we like!

This is my girlfriend's fav restaurant of all. I enjoy it as well...I love duck.. but at 30$ it would be a no no for us.

Glad it is still 20$....happy wife happy life ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I was reading the most recent review for Breakaway (reviews section). The reviewer stated Le Bistro is now $30pp. They also noted that on Valentines day they charged people $49pp and had a limited menu. This is unfortunate if true. I ate at Le Bistro last year on Valentines day and NCL did not gouge customers like that.

The specialty dining package looks better all the time since you never know when big price increases come to the specialty restaurants.

Curious if anyone sailed any other NCL ship last week and paid $30 for Le Bistro and $49 for Valentines Day.

I just returned from the Star February 16th and Le Bistro was $20.00 pp.

Edit: I did not go Valentine's Day so I don't know about the price that day.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I'm always amazed about the amount of mis-information available on this website. One would think Cruise Critics would be more knowledgeable cruisers.

Despite multiple claims to the contrary in this very thread, the Dailies posted DO, in fact, indicate that the price for Le Bistro was $49 on Valentines day. I can't imagine why someone would reference a source and then not even check that very source before reporting what it says. :confused: All this is going to do is confuse other cruisers.

And FWIW...Valentine's day is in the PAST. Whether or not there was a special menu available on that day, and whether or not the price was $49, really has no bearing on a future cruise. The price and/or menu could very well change at any time....I'd be more worried about what IS than what WAS (JMHO).

To be perfectly honest, NCL could have raised Le Bistro's price even further and applied the increase to the whole cruise. Le Bistro's reservations for the entire week were all snapped up on the first day...you simply could not get in....it was worse than you normally see at Teppanyaki.

Edited by SeaShark

On the Pearl last year and the Dawn this year there was a special menu for Le Bistro at $49, all other nights were $20. They offer of the best fillet mignon I've ever had, I'd only say Russell's was equal/better, a local steakhouse here in Buffalo.

I'm always amazed about the amount of mis-information available on this website. One would think Cruise Critics would be more knowledgeable cruisers.

Despite multiple claims to the contrary in this very thread, the Dailies posted DO, in fact, indicate that the price for Le Bistro was $49 on Valentines day. I can't imagine why someone would reference a source and then not even check that very source before reporting what it says. :confused: All this is going to do is confuse other cruisers.

And FWIW...Valentine's day is in the PAST. Whether or not there was a special menu available on that day, and whether or not the price was $49, really has no bearing on a future cruise. The price and/or menu could very well change at any time....I'd be more worried about what IS than what WAS (JMHO).

To be perfectly honest, NCL could have raised Le Bistro's price even further and applied the increase to the whole cruise. Le Bistro's reservations for the entire week were all snapped up on the first day...you simply could not get in....it was worse than you normally see at Teppanyaki.

My takeaway from the OP was more a question of the price increasing to $30 - (and that when he went to dinner on Valentines Day in the past the cost hadn't increased for V day).

That was a special promo on 2/14. For $49... special dinner menu plus 3 glasses of wine.

$49 per person includes a special Valentine's Day menu of French delights, one glass of sparkling wine and two glass of wine during dinner.

Aha! That explains my fuzzy recollection...:p

I was Valentines sailing on Epic and there was a special limited menu on Vday @ 49/PP. I had precooked it @ $20/PP which is what we paid .I Being that we were going back on Saturday not having our regular faves to pick from on Vday was no big deal, I managed to through surf and Turf and Carole Sea Bass, Thouroughly enjoyed it. And 20/pp is still the price.

I was Valentines sailing on Epic and there was a special limited menu on Vday @ 49/PP. I had precooked it @ $20/PP which is what we paid .I Being that we were going back on Saturday not having our regular faves to pick from on Vday was no big deal, I managed to through surf and Turf and Carole Sea Bass, Thouroughly enjoyed it. And 20/pp is still the price.

You have to pre-cook your own meals and still pay? That's messed up.

heh heh heh

;)

We ate in Le Bistro 3 times on the 2nd Feb Panama Canal cruise on Star. The cost is $20 and there are a couple of upcharge mains at $10 so it can be $30. One of our meals was St Valentines, which is also my wifes birthday, and it was indeed $49 with a "special" menu which included surf & turf and also sea bass, amongst others. When asked if I had enjoyed my sea bass, I responded "yes, but was amazed at how small (tiny, could have passed as an appetiser) it was"...immediate response from waiter "would you like another, sir"...."yes, please"....a lovely touch.

As someone else posted, the $49 included 3 glasses of wine....champagne at beginning of meal, red or white with starter, and white or red with main. In reality, with the red & white wine, the glasses were frequently replenished so $49 was excellent value if the wine is factored in....although that may have been because they knew us because of two previous visits!

The standard Le Bistro menu we preferred to the Valentines one, but it was more about the occasion than the menu for us!

Edited by hamrag

We were on the Breakaway during the Valentine Day dinner. When we got on the ship the first thing we did was make our reservation at Le Bistro for Valentine. At that time we were told it was $20.00 per person. I wasn't concerned because I'm a platimum and knew it was going to be free. 1 day before the dinner I get a message in my cabin that the price had changed to $49.00 and the menu was changed. Not happy about this I made a call and complained. Was told the next day that the originial price would remain the same. Upon arriving at Le Bistro I showed them my coupon and again, a problem. But in the end it was taken care of. My husband and I eat free and our friends paid $20.00. If we had known at the time of booking that they changed everything we would have not booked. It's worth $20. not $49.00.