Diamond status and drink package?

George C

If you are diamond and can have access to dimond lounge does it pay to also get drink package?? Will be sailing on Navigtor in end of April.

Only you can answer that. How many drinks will you consume on average outside of the evening cocktail hour from 5pm to 8:30pm?

Wouldn't be worth it for me. Between the wine we can bring on, a couple of cocktails in the CL or DL, don't drink much more than that. I'm fine with the ship's water and iced tea and don't drink coffee or juice. This is, of course, a very individual thing and it might be worthwhile for you.

If you like to sit by the pool for much of the day and have a few drinks/beers and/ or if you stay up late drinking and partying, then the package would probably be worth it as there are no "free" drinks available to you (after 8:30pm) because you are diamond. If you just like to have a couple of drinks before dinner, then the package is probably not worth it. As was said above, "only you can know what is best for you." :)

Edited by Rala

I definitely think it is worth it for us....mainly because we aren't tied down to having to go to the CL or Diamond Lounge for cocktails at a certain time. Since we travel with others who are not D+, we don't have to worry about leaving them for the lounge. We can enjoy our beverages with them, anyplace on the ship. :D

We are Diamond Plus and we have never considered the drink package before because we don't really drink very much but we are doing a TA on the Liberty of the Seas in May and we got got the Premium drink package for both of us for free but you can't combine it with any other discounts so I had to give up our balcony discount of $325.00. But with it being a 13 night cruise and many sea days its a great time for us to try it. Not sure we will do it again but this time will be the right time for us.

We rarely buy a wine package anymore, because we make use of the diamond & concierge lounges. We'll have a couple of beers around the pool in the afternoon. We used to drink a lot more when we were younger, working, and having the time of our life on our annual winter Caribbean cruise. I'd have to receive a free drink package to truly appreciate it.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The DH and I are D+ and very much enjoy our libations, but we are finding half the time

we are taking our bottle of wine we brought on board....back home unopened. The drink

package would be a waste of money for us. Happy hour in the CL or DL is more than enough

for us. :) We don't spend time around the pool with umbrella drinks. Though if we

did, that might have us checking out the package.

Edited by island lady

It's really going to depend on the individual.

We're not Diamond (and won't be for a few years), but we were in a suite and had access to the CL. Between the cocktail hours in the CL and also our 2 bottles of wine, I don't think we ended up purchasing more than 4 additional drinks per day between the 2 of us, and that may have included free ones from the BOGO coupons.

I love my Grey Goose martini before dinner and a few glasses of wine with dinner. At times, I'll get a glass of wine to watch the show but that's about it. I never drink during the day, for whatever reason that is???It just doesn't make sense to spend that much.

Edited by Surfguyxxx
add something