Platinum status for boarding

Auntiejo

Yes.

Similar question..

We are traveling with my sister and husband on a British Isles cruise from Southampton this summer. We are both Platinum, but my sister and husband will be taking their first cruise on Princess. Can they check in and board with us through the platinim checkin and boarding process? We will be arriving at the pier together!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Similar question..

We are traveling with my sister and husband on a British Isles cruise from Southampton this summer. We are both Platinum, but my sister and husband will be taking their first cruise on Princess. Can they check in and board with us through the platinim checkin and boarding process? We will be arriving at the pier together!

They should be able to. We were able to board with my in-laws before we were platinum.

Similar question..

they will be able to check in with you but may have to embark on the ordinary lines, it depends on the staff and how many elites and platinum are in the line

they will be able to check in with you but may have to embark on the ordinary lines, it depends on the staff and how many elites and platinum are in the line
I agree. On our Royal cruise, there were literally thousands of Platinum/Elite and if each one of them brought two more people, almost the entire ship would have had "priority" boarding. Most of my European embarkations have had a very large number of Platinum/Elite so they were pretty strict if someone wasn't sailing in the same cabin. Understandable as those with priority earned the right. :)

LA (and I believe FLL) are pretty strict and Elite have priority over Platinum.

Edited by Pam in CA

I agree. On our Royal cruise, there were literally thousands of Platinum/Elite and if each one of them brought two more people, almost the entire ship would have had "priority" boarding. Most of my European embarkations have had a very large number of Platinum/Elite so they were pretty strict if someone wasn't sailing in the same cabin. Understandable as those with priority earned the right. :)

LA (and I believe FLL) are pretty strict and Elite have priority over Platinum.

Our last cruise in January on the Emerald, the Elite-Platinum lounge was so overcrowded many were forced to wait in the regular waiting area.

In FLL, they are now very strict with this because there are so many Platinums and Elites. If they are not in same cabin with you, they'll not only will not be able to wait with you in Platinum area, they'll have to check in on a regular, non-priority line. We had to argue with them to let our 26 yr old (Ruby status) check-in with us - and he was in OUR cabin!

Edited by tothemall&beyond

In FLL, they are now very strict with this because there are so many Platinums and Elites. If they are not in same cabin with you, they'll not only will not be able to wait with you in Platinum area, they'll have to check in on a regular, non-priority line. We had to argue with them to let our 26 yr old (Ruby status) check-in with us - and he was in OUR cabin!

sometimes the princess staff dont understand the rules, this is from the FAQ

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

it only tells about check in....not about embarking

I asked and each platinum guest can have one guest that is not platinum. This allowed my sis and her husband to board with us on our last cruise. I asked when we were getting in line.

it all depends on the staff if they can join you, as posted earlier they can be turned away as they havent earned that privilige so they would have to join the ordinary line but it shouldnt make much difference time wise

Yes, they can board. We have done this many times. We were Platinum and our parents were not, so each of us took one parent as our guest. This was in San Fran and L.A. Granted , it is so crowded in L.A., we were outside the elite plat lounge, and there were so many elites boarding that it took a longtime until plats could go.

We have never had a problem at embarkation with having guest join. However debarkation was an issues lay November. I made the mistake of saying I had 2guests. I should have brought one with me and one with DH. Oh well, we were off in a jiffy.

We have never had a problem at embarkation with having guest join. However debarkation was an issues lay November. I made the mistake of saying I had 2guests. I should have brought one with me and one with DH. Oh well, we were off in a jiffy.

priority disembarking is for elites and suite people only, platinum dont get that privilige

For a Sapphire Princess cruise in January out of San Pedro, there was no problem sharing priority check in. However, after going through security, the passengers were separated by elites/suites, platinums and all others and each directed to different waiting areas. Due to the large number of elites, we were also given numbered embarkation cards that said something like "Elite Boarding Group #C". Our friends who were platinum received similar cards with Platinum Boarding group numbers. No one with priority boarding was allowed to bring guests/friends into their respective waiting areas.

I've had similar experiences in the past year in FLL where Elite/Suite and Platinum were separated and directed to separate waiting areas and no guests were allowed in with you. This has also been true in Southampton and Venice, all within the last year. In Venice, they even checked your cruise card and priority boarding card before they let you pass through for boarding.

In light of the increased number of Elites and Platinums, I believe Princess is modifying its practices. Princess has always allowed you to use priority check in with friends and often allowed them to board with you. However, there is nothing in writing allowing guests priority boarding with you and in my recent experience, "sharing" my Elite and/or Platinum privileges for early boarding is no longer applicable. I have been told that, if I want to board with my non Elite friends/family, I could join them in their area and board with them. If anyone has a different experience, I believe they should consider themselves quite lucky but not expect it every time.

If all goes as planned, we will be cruising to Alaska again this summer and taking 4 teens/young adults. My husband and I are newly Platinum. I was hoping to all be able to check in and board together. The "kids" will be in separate cabins from us, and one is a minor. Will they separate the adult kids (18, 18 and 21) from us or will they allow family to stay together? I assume if they were all young children it wouldn't be a problem keeping the family together, but wonder if it will be different with adult "kids". This will be in Seattle where the numbers of Platinum/Elite are not nearly so high as in other ports.

Just got off Royal in Port Everglades...crowds were so huge that they did not allow non plat/elite guests to board with traveling companions. at one point, it was so congested that only elites and suites were taken through priority. there were some very irate plat members but it didn't seem to matter.