Things to do in Fort Lauderdale

Ronsangel

Hi everyone,

My husband and I will be travelling to FLL May 8, arriving around 5pm in preparation for our May 10 cruise on the Oasis. Any suggestions on things to do the evening of the 8th and all day on the 9th? We do enjoy shopping, eating, walking along the waterfront/beach, seeing the sites. I know there are several threads on here for FLL, but I've confused myself looking through all the posts!

Also happy to have suggestions on a hotel in a good central location to activities (requisites: nice, clean, safe....$150-$250/night range)....and any favorite restaurants you may have.

Thank you in advance for advice and help. This will be our first time spending any time in FLL.

I would suggest staying at Riverside Hotel. It's in the middle of a great boutique shopping and dining area and it's just 2 miles from the beach. Some popular restaurants there are Johnny V, Big City Tavern, Asia Bay, Lobster Bar, and YOLO, and there are at least a dozen others you might enjoy.

I would suggest staying at Riverside Hotel. It's in the middle of a great boutique shopping and dining area and it's just 2 miles from the beach. Some popular restaurants there are Johnny V, Big City Tavern, Asia Bay, Lobster Bar, and YOLO, and there are at least a dozen others you might enjoy.

I second this.

Yea, the Riverside Hotel is really in a great spot for everything you are trying to do unless you absolutely need to be on the beach (but then you won't get the shopping/dining that you'll get here).

There is a water taxi stop nearby . . . definitely take advantage of the water taxi to get around different parts of Fort Lauderdale and see a few sites. You can easily access the beach via water taxi.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions! Out of curiosity...since we're Canadian, we actually enjoy doing some 'mall shopping' while we're in the US (trust me, the difference in prices and selection makes it worth it!). I'm looking at the Galleria Mall, and the Gallery One Doubletree hotel with interest. Any thoughts on this option? Does it take us too far from the action of Ft Lauderdale? We love PF Chang's, so the idea of chain restaurants being the options available does not bother us.

nhraformula00 - maybe our paths will cross on the giant ship :) Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle? Ever been on the Oasis before? This will be a first for us!