Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

You know what they say opinions are like -- and we all have them.

haha I wanted to say that.

I gotta give it to customer service, waiters, anyone who has to deal with the general public, you have to deal with our crap and yes us to death, even though you want to tell some of us to go to the special place when we are so wrong. :D

My point is, who are you to challange everything I post as if I am making it up?

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Once you said you had better food at Burger King, how can I look at you as a good reviewer. Good or bad. That comment alone will stick with me on every cruise I go on, when I eat the fresh fruit, the veggies, the fresh pasta, the finger sandwhiches, the salmon they offer. They don't have any of those things at Burger King. If you had one of those burgers that were prewrapped then hell Burger king might taste better. The burgers on the private island, were awsome as they were cook fresh and off the gril, thise ones blew away Burger king.

Out of all the cruises I been on, this comment will be the worst I ever heard of for food for any general cruiseline here in the states.

Edited by Bosjoe

I must agree, once you dropped the burger king analogy everything else you said was hard to swallow. Sort of like your food on Divina.

Its bad enough when the food is compared to appleby,s or olive garden but a fast food chain.... hard to take seriously.

I must agree, once you dropped the burger king analogy everything else you said was hard to swallow. Sort of like your food on Divina.

And let's not forget, Burger was spelled wrong and any self respecting Burger King guest would know how to spell it. :)

Its bad enough when the food is compared to appleby,s or olive garden but a fast food chain.... hard to take seriously.

Well let's see, barley warm eggs and omletts, only one selection for an omlette, "hash browns" as hard as a rock, Tang instead of OJ, only 2 toasters in the buffet. What do you think? When we go on vacation we have high expectations. I am sorry, but this is my opinion.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Well I have to say that I'm a little happy to hear the buffet lunch food compared to Burger King, I'm a double Whopper fan, (never a single:)), and BK's new fries are pretty good! That being said, BK meals will differ from each BK, so maybe we can say the same about the Divina, some tables, some meals, some days, some weeks, and for some cruisers the Divna's great, for others, not so much!:D

But I do enjoy reading the reasons for the differences of opinions, please continue!

PS I remember one trip to Europe where we had breakfast included, the bacon was never well done like we get in America, so the comment on bacon might be a European style we get when traveling on a European style cruise! I think the same can be said for the European style service, for some its non-intrusive, for others its poor service!

Edited by Russian Bear

Well let's see, barley warm eggs and omletts, only one selection for an omlette, "hash browns" as hard as a rock, Tang instead of OJ, only 2 toasters in the buffet. What do you think? When we go on vacation we have high expectations. I am sorry, but this is my opinion.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

I assume this was in the buffet? How did the MDR breakfast go? Did you try that? Did they have european"ish" breakfast products, meats cheeses breads...

Anyone know if Le Muse breakfast is better?

Frankly this is one reason we avoid buffet's on land or sea. Food is often not that great and is massed produced not always to my standards.

I for one Kevin totally support everyone giving their views of their cruise, positive, or negative! Both kinds are necessary, and I for one appreciate them!:D

No one is wrong, no one is right except to themselves, and to others who agree with their review!

I think many get emotional when they read a review they disagree with, and attack the reviewer they disagree with, instead of stating why they disagree with a review! And then some get angry when people disagree with their review! We're human, no big deal !:eek:

We all have one thing in common, we cruise, and the rest isn't as important!

2 toasters in the buffet.

Kevin ... you guys were lucky, there was only one available on the TA in November and that was behind the counter where the Pizza bar and the bread rolls are. You had to get a member of staff to toast the bread for you, on arrival in Miami a second one appeared and they were put out at the side of the Salad area one on each side.

There are still issues it seems which should be rectified by MSC but they do not appear to be doing anything about it.

Russian Bear is quite right in the post above that no one is right and no one is wrong although some people always see certain things as negative rather than informative.

Telling someone in a review or report that the music for the stage shows on Divina is pre recorded is not being negative it is informing people what to expect.

The food was awful, the food was great!

Worst Italian ever, best Italian ever!

The crew was rude, the crew was great!

The crew was lazy, the crew went out of their way!

The ship layout is awful, the ship is beautiful!

The buffet is limited, the buffet is enormous!

Breakfast was boring no cooked to order eggs, plenty to choose from!

Buffet had Lousy burgers and hot dogs for lunch, smoked salmon yum!

The singers were lip-synching, best shows at sea!

We couldn't buy booze for our cabin, lowest prices on drinks at sea!

Besides offering very entertaining reviews to read, and your point of view, the Divina reviews are either 60% very easy to please people, or 40% very cranky people!

What do you think?

I think that the people most likely to complete reviews of anything either love or hate the product(s), so I always take both extremes with a grain of salt. ;) That's why I have so appreciated some of the balanced reviews on this forum.

My upcoming Divina cruise was so inexpensive that I could eat salad and fruit all week, spend some quality down-town with my DH and still be perfectly happy. With that price point, I have no expectations but to have a clean room and a beautiful view of the ocean. Everything else will be gravy!

Will let you know how that works out when I return! :)

Edited by Mrs. Squirrel

Our experiences has always been that the food has been very good. Sure I ordered things that were not as good as others so I requested something else. No issues! Most of the dinner entrees that I ordered were outstanding. The wait service was excellent. We did a b2b and when our waiter could not handle our group of 10 I nicely asked for our waiter from the week prior to wait on us. We had to move from one table to another due to another couple joining us for the second week. This was done for us. When they found out we loved garlic bread, they brought it each night! When they saw us all enjoying a dish and sharing it, they brought more to the table. If we wanted more of a dish, they ran and got it.

MSC has the largest shrimp used in their shrimp cocktails. I went on Oasis right before our b2b on MSC and the difference in food was like night and day with us enjoying MSC so much more.

We had some issues with some minor things and the people at Guest services not only helped but followed up on those issues. They made sure it was resolved.

Doug, you are right. People have forgotten the greatest thing on a cruise--just being there and enjoying. So many are complaining and comparing and yelling at wait staff. I have found that a smile brings you many rewards. Everyone likes to be treated well and everyone should be treated fairly, as you would want others to treat you.

MSC is a beautiful ship with great activities, and wonderful shows. Since food is so subjective I will not comment, although their buffet is open later than on RCI ( they close at 9 pm) and have a vast variety of wonderful fresh choices.

They have the only baked alaska parade with real fire, and the best baked alaska ( more than just strawberry, vanilla and chocolate). We got pistacio and coconut, and then the following week I had rum raisin and coconut...simply wonderful!!

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Tang. Hmmm not sure about that. I can tell you on Celebrity reflection there were only 2 toasters. On rccl, they are toasting breads for you. Those are 2 mainstream cruise lines. Minimal toasters.

To Mrs. Squirrel look forward to reading your review!

Mattingly23 Don't know about raw bacon on the Divina, but I got a 3/8 thick slice of bacon in London that was so raw it was still moving!:D

I have noticed similar bacon offerings in other European countries, that Americans would view as a heated slice of fatty ham, more then as fried bacon!

Got another one for ya, a non cruising experience, 1/2 block from the Arc De Triomphe in Paris we stopped in a little cafe for 'sausages and potatoes', their special that day, and got 2 hot dogs with some french fries, and both were awful! Does French food suck, it did that day in that cafe!:D

Edited by Russian Bear

Got another one for ya, a non cruising experience, 1/2 block from the Arc De Triomphe in Paris we stopped in a little cafe for 'sausages and potatoes', their special that day, and got 2 hot dogs with some french fries, and both were awful! Does French food suck, it did that day in that cafe!:D

No no no... you did not get 2 hotdogs with some fries you got,

Deux Des Saucisses et frites. Which sounds way better than what you claimed you got. Geesh!

I for one Kevin totally support everyone giving their views of their cruise, positive, or negative! Both kinds are necessary, and I for one appreciate them!:D

No one is wrong, no one is right except to themselves, and to others who agree with their review!

I think many get emotional when they read a review they disagree with, and attack the reviewer they disagree with, instead of stating why they disagree with a review! And then some get angry when people disagree with their review! We're human, no big deal !:eek:

We all have one thing in common, we cruise, and the rest isn't as important!

That is exactly waht CC is all about. It is not a matter of everyone agreeing.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

I assume this was in the buffet? How did the MDR breakfast go? Did you try that? Did they have european"ish" breakfast products, meats cheeses breads...

Anyone know if Le Muse breakfast is better?

Frankly this is one reason we avoid buffet's on land or sea. Food is often not that great and is massed produced not always to my standards.

This was in the buffet. We tried the MDR, that is where I got the raw bacon.

Pax et bonum,

Kevin

Thank you all for your insight, and I agree with the comment about facebook...It would be so nice to be able to "Like" or "Comment" on reviews/post. I am looking forward to my first cruise with MSC, and I will be going on it with an open mind. This will be my 11th cruise, on 5 different cruise lines, so I will have something to compare it with.

My question is; Why is there not a roll call for MSC on Cruise Critic, and is anyone sailing on them the week of March 15th?

Hi there., We are two ladies from London UK of a 'certain age' sailing on Divina 15th March., very much looking forward to this., love the Caribbean., Best wishes, Catherine and Pam

The food was awful, the food was great!

Worst Italian ever, best Italian ever!

The crew was rude, the crew was great!

The crew was lazy, the crew went out of their way!

The ship layout is awful, the ship is beautiful!

The buffet is limited, the buffet is enormous!

Breakfast was boring no cooked to order eggs, plenty to choose from!

Buffet had Lousy burgers and hot dogs for lunch, smoked salmon yum!

The singers were lip-synching, best shows at sea!

We couldn't buy booze for our cabin, lowest prices on drinks at sea!

Besides offering very entertaining reviews to read, and your point of view, the Divina reviews are either 60% very easy to please people, or 40% very cranky people!

What do you think?

There will always be "positive" "reviews" of any ship simply because cruising is a pleasure. We all love cruising.

Critical reviews come from people that have something to compare.

Both "Ship is beautiful" and "Ship is awful" reviews go to recycle bin.

Pay attention to factual reports.

However, there are reasons for 60/40 balance. You won't see it in relation to HAL, Princess, RCI or Celebrity.

This product is lower grade of mass market.

It's not bad. This is how the product has been designed and marketed.

We just need to do our home work properly and set our expectation accordingly.

There is always something to enjoy on any ship from Cunard to MSC (if the price is right).

"How I was trying to cruise on MSC Divina" - my pre-cruise research.

We have been on over 30 cruises and this was the worst ever. We booked a category 7 balcony. When we got to our cabin, #8090, the only view from the balcony was of the lifeboat. Nowhere in the deck plan does it state that this category is an obstructed view. Friends who booked a cheaper balcony were on deck 11 with no obstruction. When we tried to open the safe it did not open. Our steward also could not get it open and said he would send someone to fix it. It took 2 more calls before someone came and adjusted the spring on the safe door. While we waited we noticed the arm on the balcony door was broken and it would only stay closed if locked. It was a hinged door as opposed to a sliding door. While sitting in the cabin that night we saw 2 bugs crawl under the mini-bar in the room. Next morning we went to Guest Services to request a room change. The woman at the desk did not want to grant this request but did send people to fumigate the cabin which required us to evacuate for some time. This response was totally inappropriate and inadequate. You can not expect guests to remain in a bug-infested room. We got our travel agent who was travelling in our group of 750+ guests involved and he was able to finally get us changed. Had we been travelling alone, I don't believe they would have moved us. We packed our room to move and were told they would come in 10 minutes. 3 more calls and 1 hour later they showed up to move us.

Edited by jhogan

We have been on over 30 cruises and this was the worst ever. We booked a category 7 balcony. When we got to our cabin, #8090, the only view from the balcony was of the lifeboat. Nowhere in the deck plan does it state that this category is an obstructed view. Friends who booked a cheaper balcony were on deck 11 with no obstruction. When we tried to open the safe it did not open. Our steward also could not get it open and said he would send someone to fix it. It took 2 more calls before someone came and adjusted the spring on the safe door. While we waited we noticed the arm on the balcony door was broken and it would only stay closed if locked. It was a hinged door as opposed to a sliding door. While sitting in the cabin that night we saw 2 bugs crawl under the mini-bar in the room. Next morning we went to Guest Services to request a room change. The woman at the desk did not want to grant this request but did send people to fumigate the cabin which required us to evacuate for some time. This response was totally inappropriate and inadequate. You can not expect guests to remain in a bug-infested room. We got our travel agent who was travelling in our group of 750+ guests involved and he was able to finally get us changed. Had we been travelling alone, I don't believe they would have moved us. We packed our room to move and were told they would come in 10 minutes. 3 more calls and 1 hour later they showed up to move us.

Of course I am going to comment. Bugs do get into rooms especially balcony rooms, infestation I doubt it. As for your room location this is no fault of the cruise line, you choose your room, and didn't do your due diligence so your comment on that is moot.

Of course even fter you changed your room, the rest of the cruise was just awful.

I also dislike these post 1 post ever and been on 30 cruises and some how all of a sudden I find cruise critic to complain about a cruise.

I understand your complaints which to me are slightly minor, I wouldn't be pouting, he'll I had a suite on rccl and had no switch to control the lights and I had to call customer service to shut off and on the lights. Finally they brought some lights to plug into sockets a day later. Things are never perfect no matter what cruise line your on. The only worst cruises I see lately are the carnival fiascos that happened.

Edited by Bosjoe