Divina extreme reviews, is it the Divina, or the Reviewers!

American Bear

Just another beautiful day on board The Divina while she is in Port at The Infiniti Pool. A picture is worth a thousand words but also is but a brief moment in time. This is a far different picture than the one posted by the cruisetrails. From one moment to the next. From one cruise to the next. From one day to another. From one personal onboard experience to another's.

I am so looking forward to a fabulous time and its going to be fun, outrageous, fabulous, incredible and spectacular. Why?

Because we are on The Divina!

divpool.jpg

Just so you know that shot was taken during a full ship charter. (Jam cruise 12) they always put on an awesome cruise.

Check youtube for holy ship 2014 , they also had a charter in jan on divina. Lots of great live music and cool people.

Yes I know, but look at all the wonderful people! How fantastic! And everyone on that charter loved The Divina. Their customer reviews were off the charts and they are scheduling two more on The Divina. How cool is that? I guess that part did not get into the facts and figures someone was trying to put out there. 4,000 happy charter guests on The Divina!

Take me now to Heaven! This is it! Italian Pastries! Oh My Gosh! They are included with the Premium Allegrissimo Package! I will sample them all! But, wait, I will not be able to fit into my fire engine red speedo if I do....no worries...I have board shorts too! Take me to your leader Mr. Italian Pastry! Where else can you find this but....

ON THE DIVINA!

IMG_3217.jpg

Edited by cruiseguys2009

I just had to show another cruise critic's pic of the Race Car Experience on The Divina. I am so looking forward to hopefully getting a ticket to experience this. I hear it sells out towards the end of the cruise and no advance reservations are taken. It will be the best twenty bucks I have ever spent because I spent it on me and my FUN!

Having Fun on The Divina!

P1020873.jpg

Isn't Research Fabulous? All this Research has made me so excited! I am just gonna Tinkle! I can't wait to sail on The Divina!

I thought it was just a rumor, but now I have it on good authority, there is a Nutella Station onboard! Yes, I can dip bananas in Nutella! Or if I want just dip and lick my fingers in it. I am gonna wallow in Nutella all week!

Nutella, only on The Divina

IMG_3221.jpg

Cruiseguys2009,

The Divina pictures look incredible! Will you be doing a review after your cruise in May?

We had planned to go on Royal Caribbean, but I am a solo traveler and they changed their single supplement policy and their prices were crazy in August. I have a balcony for less than an inside on Royal. The couples and the family also made out much better.

We are excited to try the Divina especially after this snowy and frigid weather in Massachusetts this winter.

Ellen

Of course we will be doing another one of our famous Adventures! Jerome and I are so looking forward to it, and I think so are the other 550,000 blog followers of ours! It's going to be an incredible time!

Seriously? How else do you expect to make informed decisions without comparisons? When I sell my house, the appraised value is based on comparable properties in my area. I don't have to move into someone else's house to determine if that is true or false.

I, for one, appreciate Cruisetrail's factual approach. A lot of people are drawn to MSCUSA because of the low pricing but is it really a deal? After reading Cruisetrail's analogy, I did a little research of my own, and the price difference between my fire sale MSC cabin on Divina and what I could have booked on Celebrity Reflection, is less than $300. That takes into account, the free beverage package, onboard credit and free gratuities I would have received on Reflection but doesn't take into account the extras on Divina that are free on Celebrity (Gala brunch, pastries in Cafe, ice cream). I also noticed that taxes on MSC (excluding port fees) were 30% higher on a cruise that was half the cost. Will saving $300 be worth it? The booking process alone screams NOT. If more of us did true comparisons BEFORE sailing maybe there would be far less complaints as people will be going in with their eyes open instead of shut.

I'm sure I will still enjoy my first cruise on MSC because I now know what to expect, but in future, I will definitely be doing some not so "invalid" comparisons before booking future sailings with any cruise line ESPECIALLY those on which I have never sailed.

How can you make a comparison of a ship/ cruise line you have never sailed? I CANNOT comment on Costa because I have never sailed Costa..I have never sailed MSC- yet...I plan to soon..do you really think your comparison of say, Royal Caribbean vs. Princess is VALID if you've never sailed either? Of course, it's not...researching on CC or reading reviews IS NOT the same as going on the ship itself..people have different opinions, experiences, and takes on every cruise..I.E.,we kept reading about great HAL was..the food, the service, the elegance,etc...WRONG- we thought the food in the MDR on HAL was mediocre AT BEST..service nothing great...shows below average..average age was death ( at least 25 years older than us, and were early 50's in 2005..)...so you see, what you READ is not always what you get..30 cruises and 13 years on CC has taught me that...

I completely agree with Big Al,

Thanks..at least you understood my point about making comparisons OF THINGS YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED...would you make a comparison of Hyatt Hotels to Marriott's IF you 've NEVER stayed at one or even both of them? To me, that comparison would be INVALID and illogical...so,readers, tell me how you can make comparisons of cruise lines or ships you've NEVER cruised???

Thanks..at least you understood my point about making comparisons OF THINGS YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED...would you make a comparison of Hyatt Hotels to Marriott's IF you 've NEVER stayed at one or even both of them? To me, that comparison would be INVALID and illogical...so,readers, tell me how you can make comparisons of cruise lines or ships you've NEVER cruised???

It depends on one's cruising experience and certain skills that in their turn come from education, experience and special interest.

A few random notes that will give general approach to the answer.

My regular question: "How could Mr. Payne know so much about the Queen Mary 2 before he actually took a cruise on her?"

Mr. Payne is a leading naval architect of the QM2 project.

Another item.

Two sister ships were in port board to board with a narrow pier separating them. Bows were in the opposite directions - let's say one was looking South, another one was looking North.

A man (Mr. Smith) standing next to me on the stern pointed out the other ship and asked me: "I know these are sister ships. But why are they looking so different?"

Those are two extreme examples to show how different "cruising people" are: from a man that can see the whole ship before the first steel plate was cut - to a man that cannot tell the bow from the stern on the ship he is actually on.

Would you like a "valid" ship review from Mr. Smith?

I don't think so.

All the rest of us are somewhere in between the naval architects and zero dummies "actually on board the ship".

Where do naval architects start?

The first stage of the process is comparing analogs of the future ship.

How do we assess the ship we have never been on?

We compare analogs!!

We do the same work that naval architects and marketing people do.

Are we all equally successful in that task?

No.

We need to have certain "assessment skills" for that.

We have to be able to read photos and videos, analyze ship planning, compare dining options, menus, etc., etc., etc. and put everything together on the base of our previous cruising experience and general knowledge.

Some people are more advanced in this skills, some are less. We are people. We are different.

Stop for a moment and ask yourself: what is an advantage of axial planning and what key condition makes it possible?

I am not asking for the answer. It's for yourself (and for the readers).

I hope your question is faithful and you really want to get the answer.

We all know what is necessary to get a correct answer: a correct question.

So let's get rid of false starting points.

"making comparisons OF THINGS YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED"

This a false starting point because we base our comparison on our previous experience. We DO HAVE experience that is more or less similar to the product we analyze.

"how you can make comparisons of cruise lines or ships"

This is another mistake.

I always stress it out: compare ships, not cruise lines.

We cruise on ships, not on cruise lines. Cruise line comparisons can be valid, of course, but it's too general. Cruise lines have very different ships in their fleet - from old floating sinks to beautiful resort ships.

So let's assume we compare let's say S-Class and Grand class when we talk about Celebrity vs Princess.

That will be more realistic.

Important note.

Reading reviews is only a small part of the research.

We, of course, pick the factual part and take into consideration the subjective component and also discard all that nonsence.

The most part come directly from the original source: photo, video, documentation provided by cruise lines.

Based on our experience and general knowledge we make comparisons.

If you have cruised on ships with and without promenade deck you can tell the difference.

If you have cruised on the ships with and without free dining options - you can tell the difference.

If you have enjoyed a hydropool in spa you can imagine what is spa without hydropool.

If you cruise on a ship of similar (or the same!) size and design with 4000 pax on board you know what it is.

Same about pools, observation deck, principal lounge, menus, specialty dining, entertaing venies, marketing tricks, etc.

More over.

You can see the ships in ports - as close as you see this post.

Go to the upper deck of your ship and study a ship next to it. Take pictures, see decks and pools, see people, see public rooms through the windows, listen to the music, see how they embark/diembark...

This way we can reveal MAJOR differences between the products while leaving aside small details that are more or less standard or similar throughout cruising industry - we know it because we cruise!

Then you post your detailed research and.... all of a sudden it happens to be the most comprehensive presentation on the subject on CC to the date of posting!

Don't hesitate to make (informed) comparisons and enjoy your cruises!

P.S.

How do I compare hotels I have not stayed in.

I have stayed in uncountable number of hotels. I know what they are in general. Do I care about the decor, furniture..?

No.

When I book a pre-cruise hotel my attention is to the price and proximity to the port. I also want to know if breakfast is included, if free suttle is available..

I don't need to stay in every hotel in FLL to know what is good in general and good for me in particular. All the factual information posted - including members reviews.

The more someone hates the Divina, The More I LOVE IT!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! I have never been on the Divina but my research shows me that I will LOVE IT! And then in six weeks I will have been on it and I too, will have ACTUALLY EXPERIENCED IT and will comprise yet another famous ADVENTURE!

Look at all the wonderful people enjoying the pool! Just like on every single cruise we have ever been on! I love the pools on The Divina!

This is My Divina!

ship-review---msc-divina-4.jpg

This is too good not to share again:

Whooooo Hooooo! DIVINA!

The Divina Is SO Gorgeous!

In Six Weeks She Is All Mine!

I Can't Wait To Set Sail On Her!

Gonna Make Her Shine!

Three Cheers To All Who Labor!

And To All Who Tow The Line!

God Bless All Those Who Make Her!

The Goddess Of Divine!

Divina, She's Where IT's AT!

Divina Has The Style!

When It Come To Being Happy!

All She Brings US Is A Smile!

Pay Attention All My Lovelies!

The Divina Is Tre Chic!

If You Want To Have A Blast!

Come Sail With Me in Our Week!

So Don't Be Upset!

Don't Be Alarmed!

Cruising is All That Matters!

And The MSC Divina Holds The Charm!

GOOOOOOOOOO DIVINA!

Lookie! Another "Moment In Time" shot by a CC member just two weeks ago. Why aren't more people using the pool on a beautiful sea day like cruisetrails points out? I want to see oiled up greased up beach bums everywhere like cruisetrails promised in his photo. I am disappointed that there are not more peeps by the pool. But, then this is just another gorgeous moment on

The Divina!

MSC-Divina-4139.JPG

Oh Boy, yes I know there are no folks up here yet, but this is another non-marketing photo taken by a CC member two weeks ago, and this is the "Top 18 Deck Club" for regular passengers, not The Yacht Club! This is the Private Deck you pay $10 a day or $50 for the week for! Count me in, I am so there. No children, a private little oasis pool, a bar and no wind because the deck is protected all the way around. Hundreds pay $60 bucks for a week in the South Beach Club on the EPIC and that doesn't have a water feature, this does. Bliss, pure bliss to me! I LOVE IT! AND I CAN'T WAIT TO PAY FOR IT, BECAUSE I WANT TO and no one can take that away from me. Why? Because I am sailing on

The Divina!

MSC-Divina-4134.JPG

WOW! Liberace WAS HERE! This is the one time I wish I was a lady....no comments from the choir here....because I could just see myself like Sophia Loren, in a big old pair of silver High Heels, strutting myself right down these Swarovski Crystal Stairs. "Well Hello Dolly!" Oh and look, how precious, there are all age groups aboard this magnificent ship,

The Divina!

MSC-Divina-3914.JPG

It depends on one's cruising experience and certain skills that in their turn come from education, experience and special interest.

A few random notes that will give general approach to the answer.

My regular question: "How could Mr. Payne know so much about the Queen Mary 2 before he actually took a cruise on her?"

Mr. Payne is a leading naval architect of the QM2 project.

Another item.

Two sister ships were in port board to board with a narrow pier separating them. Bows were in the opposite directions - let's say one was looking South, another one was looking North.

A man (Mr. Smith) standing next to me on the stern pointed out the other ship and asked me: "I know these are sister ships. But why are they looking so different?"

Those are two extreme examples to show how different "cruising people" are: from a man that can see the whole ship before the first steel plate was cut - to a man that cannot tell the bow from the stern on the ship he is actually on.

Would you like a "valid" ship review from Mr. Smith?

I don't think so.

All the rest of us are somewhere in between the naval architects and zero dummies "actually on board the ship".

Where do naval architects start?

The first stage of the process is comparing analogs of the future ship.

How do we assess the ship we have never been on?

We compare analogs!!

We do the same work that naval architects and marketing people do.

Are we all equally successful in that task?

No.

We need to have certain "assessment skills" for that.

We have to be able to read photos and videos, analyze ship planning, compare dining options, menus, etc., etc., etc. and put everything together on the base of our previous cruising experience and general knowledge.

Some people are more advanced in this skills, some are less. We are people. We are different.

Stop for a moment and ask yourself: what is an advantage of axial planning and what key condition makes it possible?

I am not asking for the answer. It's for yourself (and for the readers).

I hope your question is faithful and you really want to get the answer.

We all know what is necessary to get a correct answer: a correct question.

So let's get rid of false starting points.

"making comparisons OF THINGS YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED"

This a false starting point because we base our comparison on our previous experience. We DO HAVE experience that is more or less similar to the product we analyze.

"how you can make comparisons of cruise lines or ships"

This is another mistake.

I always stress it out: compare ships, not cruise lines.

We cruise on ships, not on cruise lines. Cruise line comparisons can be valid, of course, but it's too general. Cruise lines have very different ships in their fleet - from old floating sinks to beautiful resort ships.

So let's assume we compare let's say S-Class and Grand class when we talk about Celebrity vs Princess.

That will be more realistic.

Important note.

Reading reviews is only a small part of the research.

We, of course, pick the factual part and take into consideration the subjective component and also discard all that nonsence.

The most part come directly from the original source: photo, video, documentation provided by cruise lines.

Based on our experience and general knowledge we make comparisons.

If you have cruised on ships with and without promenade deck you can tell the difference.

If you have cruised on the ships with and without free dining options - you can tell the difference.

If you have enjoyed a hydropool in spa you can imagine what is spa without hydropool.

If you cruise on a ship of similar (or the same!) size and design with 4000 pax on board you know what it is.

Same about pools, observation deck, principal lounge, menus, specialty dining, entertaing venies, marketing tricks, etc.

More over.

You can see the ships in ports - as close as you see this post.

Go to the upper deck of your ship and study a ship next to it. Take pictures, see decks and pools, see people, see public rooms through the windows, listen to the music, see how they embark/diembark...

This way we can reveal MAJOR differences between the products while leaving aside small details that are more or less standard or similar throughout cruising industry - we know it because we cruise!

Then you post your detailed research and.... all of a sudden it happens to be the most comprehensive presentation on the subject on CC to the date of posting!

Don't hesitate to make (informed) comparisons and enjoy your cruises!

P.S.

How do I compare hotels I have not stayed in.

I have stayed in uncountable number of hotels. I know what they are in general. Do I care about the decor, furniture..?

No.

When I book a pre-cruise hotel my attention is to the price and proximity to the port. I also want to know if breakfast is included, if free suttle is available..

I don't need to stay in every hotel in FLL to know what is good in general and good for me in particular. All the factual information posted - including members reviews.

:eek: Whew that was pointless!

Another "Moment In Time" at the Infinity Pool on The Divina. Why aren't there as many people as cruisetrail says there is? Oh, but this is just a Moment In Time! The Divina must be the only ship that the pools are crowded, according to the expert. But I have been on so many ships and every ship's pool is crowded. That doesn't bother me, because in less than six weeks I set sail on

The Divina!

MSC-Divina-4114.JPG