Live From the Royal Princess 3/2-3/9

NeurosurgeryNP

Us too. I just love the countdown.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Forums mobile app

I couldn't help but notice what I assume is your last name. Not a very common one. My mothers side of the family are also Sumner. Are you going to be on the March 30 Royal?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do really miss the port and starboard different colored carpets.

Thank you for your wonderful review - I was excited by the prospect of the Royal until I read so many negative reviews. It's great to hear so many of the positives!

If the carpets aren't different colors - are there any other hints so that you can tell which side is starboard and which is port besides the map on the wall? I get so turned around on the ship and DH jokes that I should bring my GPS on board...those different colored carpets mean the world to me!

If the carpets aren't different colors - are there any other hints so that you can tell which side is starboard and which is port besides the map on the wall?

Odd numbered cabins are starboard. Even number cabins are port.

Edited by caribill

I do really miss the port and starboard different colored carpets.

Thank you for your wonderful review - I was excited by the prospect of the Royal until I read so many negative reviews. It's great to hear so many of the positives!

If the carpets aren't different colors - are there any other hints so that you can tell which side is starboard and which is port besides the map on the wall? I get so turned around on the ship and DH jokes that I should bring my GPS on board...those different colored carpets mean the world to me!

Here's a hint. All elevators with the exception of glass elevators face the front of the ship. This means port on the left and starboard on the right when exiting elevators.

I couldn't help but notice what I assume is your last name. Not a very common one. My mothers side of the family are also Sumner. Are you going to be on the March 30 Royal?

A couple of good friends of mine in HS had the same last name.

Here's a hint. All elevators with the exception of glass elevators face the front of the ship. This means port on the left and starboard on the right when exiting elevators.

Great tip! I'll try to remember that.

From what I can tel all of the Martinis are under $10 and tun from $7.95-8.95 from what I rememberDay 2

Today was Princess Cays. What a beautiful day! Weather was perfect. We went to HC to grab some breakfast. Went to the dinning room to get our tender tickets and was in the first group. Landed on the island about 9:20 am and then headed to get our clamshell loungers. In the morning it was a bit cloudy, but by the afternoon the sun was intense. We did a morning banana boat ride. It was fun. Headed back to the ship about 1 pm, the earliest we've ever been of the island. Headed to the pool deck and lots of loungers were free. We wound up on the fountain deck. It seems that the deck attendants are removing towels of the chair hogs. It continued to be a beautiful day with intense sun. We had several drinks on the island as well as when we returned - as well as bottles of water and soda. The cans of soda are covered with the package at PC. The all inclusive package is working out well for us. We hit Alfredo's for an afternoon snack and DH had a gluten free pizza (that we requested yesterday - they are happy to oblige there and for Prego pizzaria when ordered the day before) and I had a ham calzone which was amazing.

After being sun drenched for the day we headed back to the room around 4:45 PM and showered. I have to say, the showers are the biggest I've been in at sea with the exception of the mini suite bath tubs we've had. There was a ledge for shaving and storing shampoo etc. And I didn't get loved by the shower curtain. ;) Then we explored areas of the ship we didn't see yesterday. It has become very apparent tonight what areas we missed with the sunscreen with those telltale lines or spots. ;). Speaking to a bartender tonight on deck, people who had bought the all inclusive package obviously didn't read the limitations (on the initial receipt was a printed list of what was included and what the price limitation was) of $10 as they complained and took his name after he wouldn't serve the passenger a "double" which was clearly over $10. Seriously, come back in five minutes or go to a different bar and get another drink. Why yell at the bartender for something out of his control that was clearly explained prior to purchase? I have to say,we are not complainers. We don't look for the bad to complain. We go with the flow. I do really miss the port and starboard different colored carpets. That's my main compaint at this point. ;) That and the well known fact of no center stairwell. We can't change that, so we move on.

Dinner was again awesome. Warm crab and artichoke dip with baguette slices. Filet and the most tender and sweet shrimp I've ever had. I skipped dessert as I was very full. We went to the Rock and Roll party for a bit. Music was excellent. Strolled around the pool deck for a bit, watched the fountain show, then another kind if early night for us. Sun will do that to you.

I will attempt to find out about the alcohol package and medical condition. From what I understand if there are under 21 in the cabin, they have to purchase the soda and more package and I wonder of that would apply.

Sounds like you had a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Yep, This is my real last name. It's not rare, but there is never many of us in a phone book. Yes we will be on the Royal March 30th.

Thanks for your Live; really enjoyable reading -- and I so chuckled about your missed sunscreen spots. Been there! Plus, mmmmmmm, I can still taste that crab dip -- I think I may have licked the dish clean. Definitely one of Princess's wins on the new menus.

Sea day yesterday. We got up early to get some loungers and grab some breakfast. Sun was nice but wind was stiff at 21 knots or so lower decks and 40+ knots on upper unprotected decks. Watched MUTS which had Hitch on it. Wound up leaving around lunch time as it was quite chilly with the winds. Lunch was at Alfredo's again which was delicious. Then we returned to our cabin to take a nap. We needed to catch up on some sleep. Formal night tonight. We had a sitting with the Platinum Artist for some black and white photos. We will view them tonight but I think they will be awesome by the preview on the camera. No sorting fee. No obligation to buy. But he did capture some amazing shots. Dinner was amazing. Filet medallion was my choice and they were cooked perfectly. I had the grilled bees Thai appetizer and it was very good. Show was Colors of the World. Decent show, even if the production shows aren't our thing. We headed to Club 6 for the Wild Bunch party and grabbed a drink then bedtime for us. It is 8 am here and we arrived in St. Thomas about an hour ago, definitely on the earlier side of what was predicted.

:p My girlfriend likes the yucky olives ones. They are called dirty martinis. She likes them "extra dirty", which is MORE olive juice. I think they taste terrible! I will take a foo foo anytime. :)

I too am wondering about the Martinis-foo foo as well! lol

I am also wondering about the frozen yummy fancy drinks....I like to get the odd one and wondered if they were included or not. I'm thinking not because I think they are more than 10 bucks....unless it's the drink of the day.

Trying to talk hubby into this package and he doesn't want to, I'm thinking it will benefit us though!

Yep, This is my real last name. It's not rare, but there is never many of us in a phone book. Yes we will be on the Royal March 30th.

Down to 25 days!! Hope to see you at the meet and greet. My mom thinks it will be fun to meet a fellow Sumner. You never know where our family trees may have connected!! :)

Enjoying your posts very much. What are you hearing about or experiencing re: soot on balconies, particularly aft balconies? Princess Cruise Customer Service says they are aware and working on a solution.

We have an aft balcony on the TA in Sept. I am hoping that there is some resolution to this issue by then. Have fun! I am jealous. It's going to be between 10 to 20 below zero tonight hare in Maine.:eek:

Edited by Donder1