Downloading TV Shows onto a Tablet

How do you do this? I wanted to download some episodes onto a tablet to be able to watch offline. I have an Amazon Prime Membership. Should I get a Netfilx or Hulu subscription?

WHEN IS THE SEARCH FUNCTION COMING BACK??? I know I've seen this discussed before but can't find it.

Thanks!

How do you do this? I wanted to download some episodes onto a tablet to be able to watch offline. I have an Amazon Prime Membership. Should I get a Netfilx or Hulu subscription?

WHEN IS THE SEARCH FUNCTION COMING BACK??? I know I've seen this discussed before but can't find it.

Thanks!

Did you consider consulting a tech site rather than a cruise web site?

I will attempt to be a bit more polite in my response...goodness...

anyway...I download my tv shows via Itunes and then can watch at anytime and that does not require a wifi connection...you do have to pay 1.99 an episode though...hope this helps

Thanks!

Search function is at the top of the page and has been there for a while now.

Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu won't permit you to download programs onto your tablet. Their services are for streaming content only.

To download programs, you'd need to purchase or rent them from iTunes (if an Apple device), the Google Play store (for Android), or Amazon's online video store (not streaming content).

With Amazon Prime you can download the PAID content to your tablet, but, none of the services you mentioned will allow you to download their typical content.

As for search, just use Google to search for your posts. Add site:cruisecritic.com to your searches and you will use Google to only search Cruise Critic.

For example the search

site:cruisecritic.com Downloading TV Shows onto a Tablet

finds this thread.

How do you do this? I wanted to download some episodes onto a tablet to be able to watch offline. I have an Amazon Prime Membership..

Thanks!

If you have a newer Kindle Fire model, you can download SOME movies and TV shows with Amazon Prime. Search from the Kindle and some will have the option to download instead of purchasing or renting. In general, anything released in the last year will probably not be available for download.

Also, the kindle needs to connect back to Amazon every 3 days or so to verify your subscription, otherwise downloaded content will go away. So you may want to refresh it in port from a free WiFi spot if you don't have Internet on the ship

Other alternatives

Windows Media Center recorded shows can be played on any modern Windows tablet. Or Older windows with simple conversion. No monthly fee.

DirecTv Genie Go allows offline viewing on windows, mac, iPad, android. No monthly fee for this additional service.

I use Windows as I can grab my videos much faster than the DirecTv Genie Go can encode them to the tablet.

Amazon Prime, Netflix, and Hulu won't permit you to download programs onto your tablet but there is a way round it

if you have the right program you can save the films to your PC convert to any format to use on a tablet. We have the Technology

Edited by trojan3000

and is currently DISABLED and has been ever since the great Offline Event of 2014

Not the "Search Cruise Critic" box at the very top of the page just opposite your screen name. It works like a champ!!:D

Edited by cruisenfever

Thanks for all the responses!

I never paid attention to the search box at the top. Thanks for pointing that out! I always used the one that was at the top of the list of threads. And, when I tried to search for some of my past posts last week, I got an error message that the search function had been disabled.

I use ITunes to my IPad and am only limited by the amount of free space I have. This last cruise I rented two movies rather than buying. Not sure I will do that again as renting only gives you 30 days to start watching and 24 hours to complete watching. I usually download the entire season of TV shows as it's cheaper than doing individual episodes.

Did you consider consulting a tech site rather than a cruise web site?

Yes, but then I'd have to hang out at that site and wait for responses. I don't frequent tech sites. Since I'm usually here all day and I knew people had done it before, I figured I'd ask here.

Thanks for playing! :D

Thanks!

Download from the app store an app called "Free video downloader plus plus!". And use the app built-in browser.

For tv shows use this web site: couchtuner.eu

For movies use this one: 123movies.me

USE THE APP WEB BROWSER IF NOT IT WILL ONLY PLAY AND NOT DOWNLOAD

Choose your tv show or movie and open it till it gives you the option to download

if you do everything right it will give you the option to download. Just tap it and it will start downloading.

Any questions don't hesitate asking me! :D

--------------------------------------------------------

Next Cruise

Allure of the Seas , August 3rd 2014

---------------------------------------------------------