Jr suite or 2 d1?

Hi I am new to royal Caribbean and not sure about the rooms. I am trying to figure out if my family of 4 which is myself and my husband and two boys 13 and 17 would be better off in two d1 cabins or one jr suite for about the same price. The jr suite is one with the sofa and Pullman bed. This would be on the allure or oasis. Thank you.

Hi I am new to royal Caribbean and not sure about the rooms. I am trying to figure out if my family of 4 which is myself and my husband and two boys 13 and 17 would be better off in two d1 cabins or one jr suite for about the same price. The jr suite is one with the sofa and Pullman bed. This would be on the allure or oasis. Thank you.

Two D1's (especially with teen boys). Extra bathroom, extra square footage, extra privacy.

Given that option..We prefer having the adjoining rooms - Having 2 bathrooms and a little space (a door ) is very nice!

Another vote for two D1s ... we have taken two cruises with our boys with the next one this summer ... we have always booked two cabins = extra bathroom, extra room, privacy ... etc. When they were little (first cruise with kids), we had two side-by-side inside cabins. I shared a room with our younger son and my husband shared a room with our older son. We each had keys to the other cabin. The last cruise, they were a bit older so we put them across the hall in an inside and we booked a balcony. Again, they had a key to our room and we had a key to theirs, but this time, the boys were in the cabin together and DH and I were in our cabin. We will do this again in June. This way, we can all enjoy the balcony for the price of only one balcony! :D

For kids that old...2 cabins...definitely. If they were toddlers, then a JS would be ok. A JS is great for 2 people.... but not FOR 4 adults (which is what you basically have)...there is no privacy in a JS at all.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I guess your answers would be the same regarding two d1 cabins vs a grand suite. Would the suite perks be worth it? I can get a rollaway in the grand suite plus the sofa bed.

Still only 1 bathroom in a GS. Suite benefits are nice, but depends how much it costs. We have a future cruise booked and put the kids in an inside across the hall from a GS... And it was cheaper than 4 in a GS.

Edited by AustinCruise

We have 2 boys and when they were younger we all 4 stayed in a JS. Even at 6 and 8, it was tight. After that, we did an inside and a JS or 2 balconies side by side. They are 17 and 19 now and 2 cabins is definitely ideal. They love having their own cabin. It's often cheaper to put them in an inside across the hall from us and upgrade our cabin for just 2 people. You don't receive much of a discount on the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin.

Edited by CyberTag