Question on changing Ruby to Platinum status on back to backs

birdiebill

We will be going on two cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale with one day between them. We will be Ruby Captain Circle status on the first one which will be our fifth cruise with Princess. That will then change our Captain Circle status to Platinum for the second cruise, but Princess probably won't have that updated yet in their records by the time we board for the second one.

Since we will be Ruby status when we make both reservations, and since the Platinum status won't be upgraded until we finish the first of the two cruises, and since we disembark from the first of the two cruises on one day and embark on the second of the two the next day, how will our preferred check-in work?

I assume Princess will already have our room cards prepared for the second of the two as though we are Ruby. Therefore will we be able to access Platinum check-in for that second cruise?

If not, how do we get the Platinum benefits on the second of the two cruises?

If our experience is an indication, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

We completed requirements to become elite on the first of two B2B cruises. On the final night of our first cruise we received our elite key cards along with our in-transit cards.

Simply proceed through the embarkation process as a platinum status member. Carry your previous cruise cards showing your cruise count if you are questioned. If you have issues you can then contact the Captain's Circle rep onboard.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

If our experience is an indication, you shouldn't have any issues at all.

We completed requirements to become elite on the first of two B2B cruises. On the final night of our first cruise we received our elite key cards along with our in-transit cards.

Simply proceed through the embarkation process as a platinum status member. Carry your previous cruise cards showing your cruise count if you are questioned. If you have issues you can then contact the Captain's Circle rep onboard.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I suggested what I did because they claim that they have one day between cruises which suggested to me that they were changing ships, and not merely passengers in transit.

how will our preferred check-in work?

I assume Princess will already have our room cards prepared for the second of the two as though we are Ruby. Therefore will we be able to access Platinum check-in for that second cruise?

I would not worry too much about check in or what color card you get. I don't believe the dockside workers really don't have the ability to handle changes. The real benefit to Platinum is the internet mins., and you may not have the free min. option when you first log on. If Princess does not have you as Platinum status when you board, just visit the Captain's Circle host the first time they are open. The host will probably be available sometime after the sail away on the first day. Check the Patter. They will certainly straighten it out. You may also try the Customer Service desk and ask if they can handle it.

Go and see the Captain's Circle rep on the first cruise and sort it out with them.

Chrysalis gave you the best answer. The loyalty program belongs to the Captains Circle and the hostess on the first ship will be the one to give you the best help. She's got the computer that's tied to everything you need.

On our 5th cruise we received our Platinum card the last night. Used it to enter the Platinum, Elite and Suite disembarkation lounge :) You might need to check with the Circle Host to get your internet on the second cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

We will be going on two cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale with one day between them. We will be Ruby Captain Circle status on the first one which will be our fifth cruise with Princess. That will then change our Captain Circle status to Platinum for the second cruise, but Princess probably won't have that updated yet in their records by the time we board for the second one.

Since we will be Ruby status when we make both reservations, and since the Platinum status won't be upgraded until we finish the first of the two cruises, and since we disembark from the first of the two cruises on one day and embark on the second of the two the next day, how will our preferred check-in work?

Yes it should change over on the second cruise, but do go see the CC host once onboard.

Happened to us. Went on a cruise to become Platinum before a longer

cruise. When we got in the terminal(our boarding pass didn't show it yet), showed our Platinum member card we received last night of previous cruise , to sit in preferred area. Once on board did have the correct status.

On the cruise we just finished we had booked it as a 14 day "logical". We were ruby on the first week and we got Ruby cards the night before going in transit.

At 4:55 pm (the captains circle desk opened at 5 pm) on the first day of the 2nd week we went to the Captains circle desk and before I could finish the sentence, the Captain circle guy had our cards, het the keyboard on his computer and told us to go to Passenger services. With 5 more minutes were were platinum. We were invited to the Platinum/elite thank you party, got the internet minutes and enjoyed the platinum/elite lounge for the rest of the cruise.

So, you will have no problem with your platinum status.

Edited by AKman2495

Actually, there may be a problem with elaboration. In March of 2012, we went on 2 cruises to Hawaii. There was no Ruby level at that time. Cruise 1

was our fifth cruise, cruise 2 was our sixth. Upon embarkation on cruise 2, we received gold room cards. Although we showed our new platinum membership cards, we were denied priority embarkation and told to see the Captain Circle hostess which we did and at that time got our new platinum cards. Don't forget to show them to your cabin attendant, so he can give you the platinum, elite and suite party menu!

Go and see the Captain's Circle rep on the first cruise and sort it out with them.

I would recommend the same.

The Captain's Circle rep on our recent Ruby cruise was not in touch with what was going on at all.

She has since be replaced but I would not leave it to chance. Just drop by near the end of your first cruise to make sure she is aware.

Mike:)