Soda Pkg. with no coke machines

Does anyone have a list of the ships that offer the Freestyle machines? We may be sailing Serenade in March 2016 and my DD loved the machines on our recent Freedom cruise. She doesn't like pop, but really liked the Powerade and flavoured water options.

Explorer

Grandeur

Enchantment

Freedom

Allure

Oasis

Majesty

Jewel

Navigator (fairly certain they were added recently or are about to be)

All of these ships are based year round out of a US port.

I think I am the only person in the United States that believes the Freestyle machines are overrated.

I despise the freestyle machines. I refuse to order a soda at a place that has them. I do not like Coke, so I typically get a sprite when it is coke products. For whatever reason any sprite out of the freestyle machine tastes like the soda dispensed before it. That and people sit there trying to decide what they want so the line takes forever!

I am the only person in the United States that believes the Freestyle machines are overrated.

I think it is the variety that everyone likes more than the taste. It does help keep the lines down at the bars as well. Think of it this way every one person in line at the freestyle machine is one less person in front of you at the bar :D.

However when we were on enchantment one machine was out of order and they did a poor job with keeping enough ice. We never saw the second one Bob talks about in the WJ and the one we did see in the WJ was out of order after the first day. The other machine was always out of ice and they ran out of Diet Dr Pepper:(.

They also have a limit of refills in a timed amount of time. (I think they said 15 minutes). My cup got knocked over on the pool deck:eek: so I went to go refill it and the machine told me it was to soon :confused:. We asked at guest services about it and they said you are only allowed x ounces in x minutes to keep people from sharing. However I could still get it filled at the bar. So we ditched the cups and stuck with the bar.

Ourusualbeach:

Recent reviews of the Navigator on CC after refurbishment say no freestyle machines. Maybe soon, it takes a day off in May maybe then:rolleyes:.

Any Royal Ship Based Out of a North American Port Is Supposed to have FreeStyle Coke Machines IIRC

This is correct. The Freestyle machines will eventually be installed on every RCI ship offering exclusively US based itineraries - but only on those ships. Any ship that either is based outside of the US or splits part of their year with itineraries outside of the US will not have them installed.

As an example, Independence as mentioned before in the thread, will not have them installed until she discontinues her US / Europe split itineraries and returns to the US for exclusive US based itineraries. So expect that Quantum (Bayonne based) will, but Anthem (Europe) will not.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You are correct, just to go any bar or restaurant and they will give you a fountain (not a can) soda. Choices are usually Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water. You are also correct that Indy does not have the Freestyle Coke machines.

On the Indy they have Diet Sprite also.

I am diabetic, and by the 4th day of the cruise, the bar tender at the cafe was automatically pouring me diet coke!

No Freestyle machine on Indy.

Why does Indy seem to be the step child of the Freedom class ships?:rolleyes: I really wish they would put either Liberty or Freedom on the Ft. Lauderdale 8 night itinerary.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I despise the freestyle machines. I refuse to order a soda at a place that has them. I do not like Coke, so I typically get a sprite when it is coke products. For whatever reason any sprite out of the freestyle machine tastes like the soda dispensed before it. That and people sit there trying to decide what they want so the line takes forever!

I never stood in a line to use the machines on Allure two weeks ago. And since Coke Zero is about all I like to drink for soda I really liked having the machines available.

This is correct. The Freestyle machines will eventually be installed on every RCI ship offering exclusively US based itineraries - but only on those ships. Any ship that either is based outside of the US or splits part of their year with itineraries outside of the US will not have them installed.

As an example, Independence as mentioned before in the thread, will not have them installed until she discontinues her US / Europe split itineraries and returns to the US for exclusive US based itineraries. So expect that Quantum (Bayonne based) will, but Anthem (Europe) will not.

When is Indy's last season in the UK? Is it this summer or next summer? I can't remember when Anthem is scheduled to go into service.

When is Indy's last season in the UK? Is it this summer or next summer? I can't remember when Anthem is scheduled to go into service.

Anthem goes into service in Europe in April 2015 replacing Independence. With that, Independence remains in the US. April 25, 2015 is Independence's last Eastern Caribbean 8-night itinerary as after that she starts 7-night Eastern / Western Caribbean alternating itineraries replacing Allure, which starts her Europe / Mediterranean 7-night itineraries in May 2015.

Anthem goes into service in Europe in April 2015 replacing Independence. With that, Independence remains in the US. The end of April 2015 is Independence's last Eastern Caribbean 8-night itinerary as after that she starts 7-night Eastern / Western Caribbean alternating itineraries replacing Allure, which starts her Europe / Mediterranean 7-night itineraries in May 2015.

So when Indy comes back to the US this fall the ship will be here for good. I wonder if it will be more set up for the US market for next winters sailings. Do you know if it will resume 8 night itineraries once Allure gets back from its dry dock and European season?

So when Indy comes back to the US this fall the ship will be here for good. I wonder if it will be more set up for the US market for next winters sailings. Do you know if it will resume 8 night itineraries once Allure gets back from its dry dock and European season?

It would seem that way. The current schedules only go to November 2015 but the November 1 itinerary (last shown) has Independence on a 6-night which has been the alternate itinerary to the 8-night.

Also can assume - or at least hope - that the ship (in particular the shops) will be more "Americanized" then and likely the Freestyle machines will be added then.

It would seem that way. The current schedules only go to November 2015 but the November 1 itinerary (last shown) has Independence on a 6-night which has been the alternate itinerary to the 8-night.

Also can assume - or at least hope - that the ship (in particular the shops) will be more "Americanized" then and likely the Freestyle machines will be added then.

Thanks. I really enjoy the 8 night itinerary. And with a little tweaking Indy could be the great ship again that it was when we first sailed on it.

Thanks. I really enjoy the 8 night itinerary. And with a little tweaking Indy could be the great ship again that it was when we first sailed on it.

We've done that 8-night twice - last March and this March two weeks ago. It is one of our favorites. Was disappointed to see it go away with the 7-night replacements but glad it will apparently be back in '15 / '16. Would like to do it again! And Indy is one of our favorite ships as well but agree with your thoughts on her.

We've done that 8-night twice - last March and this March two weeks ago. It is one of our favorites. Was disappointed to see it go away with the 7-night replacements but glad it will apparently be back in '15 / '16. Would like to do it again! And Indy is one of our favorite ships as well but agree with your thoughts on her.

I thought Anthem was going to be doing her 6/8 night itineraries starting fall 2015. Curious to see what she will do once Allure is back.

I thought Anthem was going to be doing her 6/8 night itineraries starting fall 2015. Curious to see what she will do once Allure is back.

Good point as Anthem is scheduled to come to the US on October 31, 2015. Guess we'll have to wait and see as her and Independence's schedules are posted after that.

Good point as Anthem is scheduled to come to the US on October 31, 2015. Guess we'll have to wait and see as her and Independence's schedules are posted after that.

Next week we will know.

When Oasis and Allure were released for 2015/2106 last week there were some decent prices so I ended up booking them as a fallback plan and to lock in the rate as they can go up quickly.

The kids really want to do Anthem/Quantum and we will end up switching one of those cruises around depending on the prices and itineraries that are revealed.

I would love to do the 8 day that Indy is doing now but just can't make it work scheduling wise.

Next week we will know.

When Oasis and Allure were released for 2015/2106 last week there were some decent prices so I ended up booking them as a fallback plan and to lock in the rate as they can go up quickly.

The kids really want to do Anthem/Quantum and we will end up switching one of those cruises around depending on the prices and itineraries that are revealed.

I would love to do the 8 day that Indy is doing now but just can't make it work scheduling wise.

It is a good one! We're all over the map with upcoming cruises but are looking at Anthem in June '15 Med and waiting for Quantum post April '15 for summer comparison. Bayonne is easy as that is only 2 hours away for us.

Sorry to the rest for hijacking the thread!

I always take my own insulated cup......large.......to use. I take a medication and my mouth is always dry....I'm sipping all day. The little Barbie-Doll size bar glasses would not last long for me.