Men's Watch

leedm

We have cruising for a while and on each cruise my wife gets the Diamonds International, Effy etc, VIP cards a off we go looking for something for her. Now I'm looking for a new nice watch. I have a Phillip Stein, but I'm looking for an upgrade. Can anyone give some advice on good Sport/Technical watch.

We would suggest shopping around (on your cruise) for a watch that meets your standards. Then when you get home you can buy the watch, for less money then you will pay in the Caribbean, by shopping for it on the internet.

As to a great high quality sports watch we might suggest Tag Heuer.

As to Phillip Stein, they are often sold on bargain discount web sites such as Overstocks for about half price. Although "Designer" watches seem to attract some buyers, they are generally not thought to have great watch movements. Folks buy designer watches for their looks, but if you want a really well made watch it is hard to beat the old highest quality companies like Tag Heuer, Rollex, Patek Phillippe, etc. In fact a decent Patek Phillipe from the 1950s is worth more today then it was new....and those watches (each built by a single master Swiss watch maker) will probably be running and keeping perfect time in the next century.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Can anyone give some advice on good Sport/Technical watch.

Tag Heuer and Tissot make good sport watches. I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, what you want to spend or what you mean by technical, but I think Ernst Benz watches are attractive.

LOL ....

Looks like Aruba, or is it Antigua, No maybe St. Maarten, Dominica, Nassau, Ocho Rios?

Oh darn....... could be most any Caribbean island. :)

Even saw that store in Turkey!

We have cruising for a while and on each cruise my wife gets the Diamonds International, Effy etc, VIP cards a off we go looking for something for her. Now I'm looking for a new nice watch. I have a Phillip Stein, but I'm looking for an upgrade. Can anyone give some advice on good Sport/Technical watch.

The days of good deals in the Caribbean are long gone; only buy inexpensive trinkets that you like. For anything moderate to high end you can generally purchase these back home for less and have far less a chance of obtaining a fraudulent product and have more recourse if the product turns out to be defective. Be leery of stores "recommended" by the cruise line - these are just stores that pay the cruise line money to be recommended. Generally these stores have poor deals and the VIP cards etc. are marketing ploys rather than actual discounts.

Don't overlook purchasing a watch on the ship. They are duty free with no sales tax. I purchased a nice Citizen Eco Drive chronograph watch on board. I checked ebay before I bought it and the ships price was cheaper than any seller on ebay was selling it for. Genuine Swiss movement watch prices have sky rocketed. I like Citizen eco drive watches, they never need batteries, run off of sun light or any light for that matter. Another good watch is Tissot T-touch many functions that normal watches don't offer. Stay away from Invicta watches. They are design rip-offs of more expensive watches and don't have the same functions of the more expensive ones they copied.

I second the comment above as I too purchased an Eco Drive on the ship when were in Asia. Looked high and low for a better price and the ship was cheaper by over 100 bucks over any other place I could find in person or on the net. Same thing went for the Eco Drive I bought the wife on our last cruise in Nov

Even saw that store in Turkey!

Funny! :)

Do they have Genuine Fake Timexes?

Right beside the Genuine Fake Channel and Gucci handbags. :D

Why do people buy that stuff? :confused: