Question about blu restaurant

twonpcb

If one books aqua class and has blu dining privileges, can we also eat in the mdr?

Thats not a problem at all. Keep in mind though that if you eat in the MDR more than 3 or 4 times in a week your tips get transferred to the MDR staff and Blu gets nothing.

Thats not a problem at all. Keep in mind though that if you eat in the MDR more than 3 or 4 times in a week your tips get transferred to the MDR staff and Blu gets nothing.

That is absolutely not true.....

Blu is your assigned dining room, you may eat in the MDR if there is space available. You do not have a seat assignment in the MDR..

Edited by dkjretired

if you book aqua class, you will be assigned to Blu and your dining room and you may eat at any time. There are no reservations in Blu..just show up. (note: this applies to the first night as well, even though you'll have a letter in your room assigning you to a time on the first night....you can ignore it).

If you book in aqua, you have a billing choice since the celebrity booking system doesn't understand blu. When you book, you must select early, late or select dining. Your choice has absolutely no bearing on your assigned dining room or your dining time...it only effects your final payment. If you choose early or late, your gratuities will be charged to your On Board account daily. If you choose select dining, then your gratuities will be added to your final payment bill and you pay before the cruise.

If you would like to eat in the MDR, you should ask the maitre d' in Blu who will arrange it. On most cruises, the maitre d' will just tell you to go to select dining. However, on some cruises, select dining is oversold and you will be asked to join either early or late seating...and told to see someone to find out what table to join.

If you are told to eat in select dining, your gratuities for that night will be transfered to the select waiter pool. I don't know how it's handled if you are asked to join early or late seating. It is not necessary to leave an extra tip in the MDR, although you may if you like.

Edited by ghstudio

We had this exact situation on our upcoming Summit sailing. We are in large group sailing. One of the couples is Aqua Class and originally got assigned to MDR late seating with the rest of us. They did want Blu so we switched them to Blu for their dining. We were told that they could dine in MDR on day-to-day basis if they give the maitre D' 24 hours notice - and of course if there is space available. There are 16 of us total so we asked for a table of 10 and 6 in MDR so that in case they do want to dine in MDR, they can be at our tables. Of course, I realize those table arrangements may not be accomodated.

if you book aqua class, you will be assigned to Blu and your dining room and you may eat at any time. There are no reservations in Blu..just show up. (note: this applies to the first night as well, even though you'll have a letter in your room assigning you to a time on the first night....you can ignore it).

If you book in aqua, you have a billing choice since the celebrity booking system doesn't understand blu. When you book, you must select early, late or select dining. Your choice has absolutely no bearing on your assigned dining room or your dining time...it only effects your final payment. If you choose early or late, your gratuities will be charged to your On Board account daily. If you choose select dining, then your gratuities will be added to your final payment bill and you pay before the cruise.

If you would like to eat in the MDR, you should ask the maitre d' in Blu who will arrange it. On most cruises, the maitre d' will just tell you to go to select dining. However, on some cruises, select dining is oversold and you will be asked to join either early or late seating...and told to see someone to find out what table to join.

If you are told to eat in select dining, your gratuities for that night will be transfered to the select waiter pool. I don't know how it's handled if you are asked to join early or late seating. It is not necessary to leave an extra tip in the MDR, although you may if you like.

The procedure for eating in the MDR apparently is different from ship to ship. I have personally been in Blu and just went to Select dining and there was no problem. They certainly didn't transfer my tips because they didn't ask to see my card. Many others have reported that they just went to Select, sat down and ate.

We were in Blu this past October for a 12-day cruise in Europe. It was my first time in Blu and I definitely preferred the ambiance in Blu to that in the MDR.

On two occasions I noticed they were serving something in the MDR that I wanted for dinner (the dinner menu is posted outside the MDR each morning). I asked the Blu MD if he could arrange to have that served to me in Blu, and he happily complied (ask early in the day). So to me, eating in Blu is the best of both worlds.

Just off the Eclipse- we were Aqua class, but tried the MDR one night- we just walked up and they seated us.

We very much preferred the ambiance of Blu. Thanks for the hint on asking for an MDR entree to be served in Blu. We tried the MDR because it was our first Celebrity cruise and we wanted to compare, but we picked a night when there was an entree in the MDR that we wanted to try.

On M class ships the transfer of food from the MDR menu to the BLU dining room is fairlyneasynto do since the kitchens are physically near each other. On the S Class ships, however, the dining rooms and their respective kitchens are far apart. Don't expect that you would be able to get an MDR entree served in Blu on an S class ship

On M class ships the transfer of food from the MDR menu to the BLU dining room is fairlyneasynto do since the kitchens are physically near each other. On the S Class ships, however, the dining rooms and their respective kitchens are far apart. Don't expect that you would be able to get an MDR entree served in Blu on an S class ship

I asked if I could get a main dish from the MDR served in Blu on the infinity two weeks ago and was told no. It really varies by ship and who's working Blu.

That is absolutely not true.....

Blu is your assigned dining room, you may eat in the MDR if there is space available. You do not have a seat assignment in the MDR..

I don't remember saying anything about the seat assignment. Like others have posted, we reported to the select dining Maitre d, and received a table when one was ready. My post was directly talking about the tips, and what dining room they are paid out to, as stated to me by our server in Blu so take that for what you may. :)